Author Topic: Bringing cosplay costumes, accessories, props, etc to con  (Read 1651 times)

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
Bringing cosplay costumes, accessories, props, etc to con
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:35:53 pm »
This is my first time bringing wigs and some other multiple items with me to con this year. How do you pack your wigs up without getting ruined? Plus, how do you pack your cosplays as well? I know I am doing multiple characters so I was wondering if someone can give me some advices on how to pack them up. x_x Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: Bringing cosplay costumes, accessories, props, etc to con
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »
Wig bags. If they're heavily styled, then carry them around on a wighead. I just put my cosplayu in my garment bag, too.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 09:24:04 pm »
Garment bag or LARGE roller duffle that I can fit my cosplays in without folding them. As for wigs, I usually layer them between my cosplays in my bag, as I have lost the bags for them. and the ones that have add ons or highly styled get carried around on the wig head like Miria said; it's always fun sitting in a van for 8 hours with a styrofoam head between your legs.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 10:17:34 pm »
I use a duffle bag usually and have my wigs in bag if not and I have a heavily styled one I put that on  and wear it to the con :D

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:27:09 am »
Most of my costumes can be folded for the things that cant it all depends. Like the armor for Date all fits in a small storage box about the width of a laptop and about a foot tall. As for armor like Azula's I will just carry it in. I also have 4 foot wings I took to Sakuracon. I carried those into the hotel. By the time the con was over they were pretty badly beaten so I left them in the room.

I have been able to get a lot of wigs in gallon ziplock bags (including those that are heavily styled like Saix, Larxene, Temari and so on.) I actually store almost all my wigs like that with a few exceptions like my Trance Kuja (which I still need to finish x.x)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 09:09:38 am »
For clothing I use garment bags, which work well (the one I use is more like a cargo garment bag with a ton of pockets, which is helpful for little accessories as well). For bigger props like Barret's gun-arm I just use a duffel bag. I think garment bags (especially if they have the extra compartments) are the best bet, most of the time anyway.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 01:16:59 am »
Okie, I have a great idea on how to store my stuff now. Thank you so much! :DDD