Author Topic: KumoriQuest update (It's done!)  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Loonstar256

• Cabbit
KumoriQuest update (It's done!)
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:51:07 pm »
We are still working on the game to get it ready before con begins (visit us at kumoriquest.tumblr.com for more details). Thanks to everyone who has helped us this far, and anyone who still wants to help, feel free to submit them to our gmail account (kumoriquest@gmail.com).

For those who are interested in what the game is an haven't gotten a chance to hear about it, KumoriQuest is an augmented reality (AR) game that my friend and I have created that is tied to the con by giving con-goers a fun activity to do before con that will also help them navigate downtown Vancouver. It has quests that take the players to places around downtown, specifically to find restaurants during con.

We still would love cosplays submitted, since we want to have a good number of NPCs to point out places of interest. Thanks to those who have submitted. And if anyone has a Hetalia or an Avergers cosplay they'd like to submit, we have some great ideas for those :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:34:27 pm by Loonstar256 »
Current Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays~
Hawke (Dragon Age 2)
Eevee (Pokemon)

Offline Loonstar256

• Cabbit
Re: KumoriQuest update (It's almost done!)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:11:54 pm »
I think this might be my last update (at least I hope so). The game will be completed by Saturday, just in time for the Con 2 weeks early meet up and the last general meeting. We will be at the meet up to help people who would like to play it. If you still need information, our Tumblr is still up (kumoriquest.tumblr.com) and I can still answer questions :)

So tell your friends and come out and play it! Also, it makes a great activity for day 0, since it familiarizes you with what is around the con. Each NPC is located at a point of interest (a hotel, restaurant, place to relax, ect.) so you can find food when you need it!

Also a note to any of the cosplayers who let us use your pictures, if you would PM me with how you would like to be credited, it would help me immensely! If you said I could use a picture, I definitely used it :) Thanks again for your help!
Hawke (Dragon Age 2)
Eevee (Pokemon)

Offline DarkStar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:30:56 am »
Get an Android version made and it will be a hit! ;D
--Chris ^_^

Offline Loonstar256

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 04:33:30 pm »
As much as I'd like to have an Android version, the platform we created the game on isn't available for Android. Sorry! I suggest you find a friend or two with an iOS device and play it with them!
Hawke (Dragon Age 2)
Eevee (Pokemon)

Offline Loonstar256

• Cabbit
Re: KumoriQuest update (It's done!)
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:35:03 pm »
It's done everyone!! Check out our tumblr, or ask any questions here! I hope you all enjoy it!
Hawke (Dragon Age 2)
Eevee (Pokemon)

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
Re: KumoriQuest update (It's done!)
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »
I wish it was for android too! I'm super glad my boyfriend has an iPhone though! I can't wait to play! :D
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.