Author Topic: funny, interesting or weird experiences with contacts  (Read 1694 times)

Offline cosplayer1331

• Oni
funny, interesting or weird experiences with contacts
« on: August 11, 2012, 05:28:30 pm »
just wanted to see if anyone else has any interesting stories while wearing or putting in their contacts, because I just got my and put them in for the first time and I was concentrating so hard that I held my breathe and passed out. After I came around and realized what had happened I laughed about it. but I was just wondering if anyone else has stories to share.

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
Re: funny, interesting or weird experiences with contacts
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 05:34:07 pm »
I actually just recently got colored contacts :3 I had no trouble with putting them in or taking them out...But I did do something stupid x3

While wearing contacts, whatever you do, DO NOT RUB YOUR EYES. I accidentally did, because I completely forgot they were in. I ended up getting one of the contacts stuck in the corner of my eye ;A; It was really weird and I panicked big time. Luckily, I got it out before it went any further in x'3

....I am so stupid.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:30:30 pm »
^ I did that the first time I put them in. Eventually got it out, and somehow I'm still wanting to wear them XD

Probably the worse would be the I have gotten things in my eye, so the next day, my eye puffed up because of allergic reactions...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:13:41 pm »
... Contacts from... the underworld. All I gotta say. Had an amazing pair for awhile, but they got too old, and had to replace them. Didn't put in contacts for months, because of that. Spent over four hours trying to get a pair in recently, and still haven't gotten them in. Need to pick up more solution and eyedrops. I dearly hope I can actually get them in, or this is going to be hellaciously painful for Kumoricons attendees XP *tends to get cranky when her contacts do not cooperate*
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:41:06 pm »
When i wore color contacts for the first time, it took me an hour to put them in. My asian eyes are pretty squinty >_< to work with.  then it took me even longer to take them out because I wasn't use to touching my eye. I ended up crying, fiddled some more, and they popped out. It's MUCH easier now... :)
And so it begins...

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:10:23 pm »
I have pretty small eyes (or that's what the eye doctor said D8 I THOUGHT I HAD BIG EYES FOR A HAPPA). When I was little I always would poke my eye 8I I was strange.

But it did take me a good thirty minutes to get them both in on the first try x3 Now I put them in easily and take them out even...Easily-er 8I totally a word.

All you gotta do is tell yourself 'don't blink, don't blink, DON'T YOU DARE BLINK YOU FOOL.'.....At least, that works for me.

By the way, I was wondering...How do you guys put in contacts and take them out?

I pull down my bottom lid really far and then place one of my fingers under my eyelashes (top lid) and push them up. I then insert them with my index finger.

To take them out, I look into the corner of my eye and drag it out x3 sounds like a weird bug

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:28:25 pm »
I used to wear contacts like 6+ years ago, but then I got lasik eye surgery.  I had soft contacts and taking them in and out was a piece of cake, cause I'd had them for like 5 years.  If I remember correctly I would would use my left hand to pull both lids away and have the contact on my right index finger, and I'd just pop it in.  To take it out I would do the same with left hand and just pinch it off my eye with my right hand.  I never did colored lenses at all, and I've always forgotten to see if I can wear lenses after Lasik.

The stupid story I have is in 8th grade, there was this really spoiled entitled brat, and when she found out during math class that I had contacts, she HAD to see me take it out.  I was like no, I don't have any solution to clean it and my hands are dirty and I don't want to, but she would not shut up and so I finally gave in.  I took it out and that was fine, but trying to get it back in with dirty hands and stuff hurt like a mother.  I had to go to the bath room and ghetto wash the contact with water.  My eye hurt for a while after.  So yeah, I really didn't like that girl, even before this indecent, but this just cemented it for me.