Author Topic: Full Metal Alchemist topic (potential spoilers)  (Read 4214 times)

PaladinCecil

Full Metal Alchemist topic (potential spoilers)
« on: September 13, 2005, 10:57:45 pm »
Got some questions for Full Metal Alchemist fans.

1. How long ago did you get into Full Metal Alchemist?
2. What are your thoughts on Edward and Alphonse?
3. How did you react when you first saw Edward blow up over someone talking to him about his height?
4. How many episodes of the series have you seen so far?
5. Which version of FMA do you like best, the anime, the manga, the video game series or are they all pretty equal?
6. What do you think of the ending to the series if you know how the series ends? (Make sure to give a spoiler warning if you can't cover up words in messages at this board)

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 11:33:43 pm »
Ok, lets see.....

1. Probably a year and half ago or so, when I first saw the series. I got into the manga a little bit after that.

2. I love both Ed and Al, and more-so, I love how they interact with one another. Their connection as brothers is very clear, but its not large enough to cover up who they both are as individuals.

3. I LMAO'd.

4. I have seen every episode of the series. And I have read over twelve volumes of the manga (Up to the current chapters). I am looking forward to seeing the movie.

5. Honestly, as much as I love the anime, I find the manga to be more entertaining. I find though, that no matter which medium it is, anime or manga (Video game withstanding) they love to have Elysia doing her thing after Hughes dies. "Mommy, why are they burying Daddy? He has to go to work tomorrow". It doesn't matter which one it is, that still gets me sad. Not as sad as the Nina situation (A victim of circumstance), but still, VERY saddening, indeed. I am glad the manga has finally come to America, so others can take joy in it, aswell.

6. Honestly, I am not sure. Considering the movie continues on from where the series left off, I would most likely want to wait to discuss that any further. Though, admittingly, when I watched the last episode, and saw how it ended I said "No way. They're gonna make a movie. They HAVE to". I am looking more forward to the FMA movie than I was the Naruto movie.

Offline xAlphonseElricx

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 03:07:02 pm »
1. I first heard about FMA from last Kumoricon when they were passing out those little cards that showed when it was going to be on CN and stuff.
2. I think that Al and Ed are the perfect brothers, they are always there for eachother and they balance eachother out ^^ I think it's adorable how Al also follows Ed around everywhere and that they love eachother that much and always like to be together (like in the episode when they faught and Ed asked Al for the salt because he was so used to him being there even though he wasn't ^^). I personally like Al more but Al wouldn't be who he is without his good ol' niisan!
3. I was like, "WTF! XDDD That's a crazy midget!" *looks around paranoidly* Umm...NO ONE HEARD THAT...*sweatdrop*
4. I've seen the whole series about 4 times (yet im STILL buying the DVDS  :wink: ), I've seen the movie...Raw unfortunately but still lucky! And I've read the manga all the way up to chapter 51, which is where the Japanese are right now.
5.Hmm...I'd have to say its a tie. I like the art in the anime but I think the mangas story is more interesting...And I don't have a PS2 so I can't comment on the games unfortunately T-T
6. The ending was too depressing T-T It did make me want to see what the mangas ending was even more though... Well, if we count the movie as the real ending....Hmm..It was a ALRIGHT ending...But it still left some questions unanswered...I would have liked it alot more is:

SPOILERS BELOW

Alphonse Heidrich hadn't died, if the movie would have showed what the military people where doing at the end, and if Al would have left his hair long XD jk...But guys with long hair are always nice >=3 I still love you Aru!<3

Overall, I love FMA in everyway...Manga OR anime ^^ And I know this is offtopic...But does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the Japanese trailer for the second FMA video game? ^^;;
兄ーーさん! あいしてる!<3

Offline Miss Faye

• Cabbit
    • myspace
Re: Full Metal Alchemist topic (potential spoilers)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:12:31 pm »
Quote from: "PaladinCecil"

3. How did you react when you first saw Edward blow up over someone talking to him about his height?
5. Which version of FMA do you like best, the anime, the manga, the video game series or are they all pretty equal?
6. What do you think of the ending to the series if you know how the series ends? (Make sure to give a spoiler warning if you can't cover up words in messages at this board)

1. let's see... about 1 and a half weeks ago...
2. I love them, Al seems so laid back and tries to be positive about everything, Ed seems like he's the one to take charge and start something...
3. i laughed, the animation is really funny when he freaks out.
4. i think i've seen about 5 or 6 now...
5. well i've only seen the anime, so i can't judge.
6. havn't seen the ending.... (i'm a lame-o and didn't know what FMA was until the con, how pathetic is that?) i totally love it now though...

Offline ambergen87

• Sailor Scout
Answers.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 11:46:44 pm »
1. About a year ago.
2. I thought they were cute. (Ed's a little short for me though.)
3. I would laugh and make another short joke.
4. 1-8 and some misc. through the series.
5. The anime I think is the best. The manga is ok. The video games I haven't played yet.
6. I know how the series ends. It was shocking. I haven't seen the movie so I'm waiting for that.
Randomness is good for the soul.

The swag lady.

Cosplay for Kumoricon 2011:
Saturday: Lolita
Sunday: Seychelles
Monday: Catgirl Schoolgirl

Friday: Random yukata girl
Sat: Don't know
Sun: Don't know
Mon: Raine from Final Fantasy VIII

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 06:44:54 am »

About a year ago maybe half a year ago.

Alphonse is such a sweetie but needs to just ... go poof. Edward needs someone to force feed him milk.

Thouht it was funny of course, I  mean it's meant to be funny.

I've seen the whole series.

I like the anime, but the manga seems pretty intresting too. I haven't been able to check out the video game series.

It doesn't seem like an actual 'ending'
Sweet Times

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Re: Full Metal Alchemist topic (potential spoilers)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 02:34:43 am »
Quote from: "PaladinCecil"

1) I got into it about a few years back, before it got really big.
2) They rock man!
3) I laughed my ASS OFFF! That was freakin awesome!
4) Uhhmm....Just those that have been on Adult Swim. Last one I saw Lt. Hughes died.
5) ANIME!! I havent read much manga.
6) I don't know how it ends....DONT TELL ME!! ><

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012