2 (50%)
Long hair and ponytail; Capsule Corp. Jacket
1 (25%)
Short Hair; Saiyan Armor
0 (0%)
Long hair and ponytail; Saiyan Armor
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: The Once and Future Trunks  (Read 6944 times)

Offline RobinOfLocksley

• Cabbit
    • Cosplay CONfidential Youtube Channel
The Once and Future Trunks
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:12:00 am »
I want to put together a Trunks costume, since he was always my favorite growing up. Future Trunks of course, not gay Trunks who wears "mom pants" and a scarf in GT. There's no way he's actually gay, because then he'd have better taste in his outfit.
But I digress. I wanna be Trunks. My friends told me I have the body type for it, and I intend to start going to the gym to build some more visible muscle this year. I don't wanna be that Trunks who takes off his Capsule Corp. Jacket to reveal the arms of a scrawny white kid.
Anyway, do you guys have suggestions on what I should use to make my costume? I'm particularly wondering what I should make the boots out of. I want to make them look proper, but not cheesy. That's hard sometimes when turning a cartoon character into real life.
Any ideas or suggestions you might have for Trunks?

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
Re: The Once and Future Trunks
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 09:24:23 am »
I so hope your doing this for 2013!!!! (we're hopeing to have a few dbz bad guys and maybe a goku)

I'm making buu and for my boots im going to use foam and yellow vinal. for your boots you might have a better time getting black dress shoes and building the yellow/orange part out of foam and fabric to make it a boot.

or there may be a WAY easyer way that i cant think of atm...
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:03:38 am »
As nice as it'd be to see the younger version of Older Trunks with his short hair and his Capsule Corp jacket, I think it'd be more noticable to people if you did him in the Saiyan uniform and the long hair from when he fights Cell. For one thing, it's always fun to see how people make that armor. And for another, the wig should be easier to manage at a longer length
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline RobinOfLocksley

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:53:59 am »
Yeah... I really want that jacket though. I could see being a total geek and wearing it around normally. If I did the Saiyain armor though, and I think you're right about his hair being easier, I'd want to do it really really well. No thin spandex crap. I'd have to get like, blue rubber or something. I don't know. Damn... that would be hard. We shall see though.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:51:44 am »
Yeah... I really want that jacket though. I could see being a total geek and wearing it around normally. If I did the Saiyain armor though, and I think you're right about his hair being easier, I'd want to do it really really well. No thin spandex crap. I'd have to get like, blue rubber or something. I don't know. Damn... that would be hard. We shall see though.

Make/get the jacket for yourself but cosplay the Saiyain armor version.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 07:23:12 am »
^ agree with this

kumoicon 2013:

Offline RobinOfLocksley

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 09:38:00 am »
Do you guys have a reason for thinking I should do the Saiyan armor, OTHER than that you'd love to see how I manage to screw it up? Lol. I'm not exactly an adept costume designer. I have family members who are though, but I don't think they have experience constructing form fitting rubber.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 03:24:49 pm »
well its doesnt have to be rubber...... i just like that version but i also like the idea of just having the jacket to wear..... cuz well.... its cool lol.........

heck id make the jacket just to wear it around if i had time....
kumoicon 2013:

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 09:35:02 pm »
I'd modify a jean jacket laying around the house to a CCorp jacket instantly if I could lol Maybe I should....

My reasoning is that the armor is a little bit harder, but all versions I've seen of it in person done before turn out really well. The guy's do a great job. I saw a Vegeta once who had done a really neat version of it, at SakuraCon I think (his wig had caught my eye).
Kumori'15

Offline RobinOfLocksley

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 11:32:10 pm »
I think I'm gunna go with the capsule corp jacket outfit, because I like it and I think I could manage to pull it off. I'll want to put together a Saiyan armor one as well though, but that will be later on.
Any more ideas for what I should use for those boots of his?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 11:33:51 pm »
You could start with some Ugg knock-offs and mod them with fabrics, if you don't care about foot support. Or you could get some good sneakers, elastic and some fabric to make a boot-cover ~ ^_^
Kumori'15

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 09:52:41 pm »
Long haired Trunks is hotter, but you could still do that with the corp version (which that is one of the best pics of Trunks IMO)
I have to say that I love you for doing this, and can't wait to see it.

I had to make boots for the Lenalee cosplay (which I'm going to remake for next year). Through experience, I would say go with the boot cover idea. It still looks good, and you get exactly what you are after. It works best if you use snug shoes that go to your ankles as a base, and then a stiff fabric for the cover, although I've never used the foam technique.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »
Future Trunks of course, not gay Trunks who wears "mom pants" and a scarf in GT. There's no way he's actually gay, because then he'd have better taste in his outfit.

Okay checking here in the original dragon ball GT translation is Trunks gay?
If so fine
But it sounds like your using 'gay' as an insult and thats not cool
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids