Author Topic: I did it I got my licence  (Read 2844 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
I did it I got my licence
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:31:40 pm »
only 26 years old and i got it today, pretty sweet huh?

proud of me? ;D
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: I did it I got my licence
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 03:48:17 pm »
XD HELL YES. GO JAZ. WHOOO. Where's your first road trip going to be?!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 04:00:27 pm »
Congrats!  :D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 04:05:53 pm »
congrats!!! i should follow your lead and get my permit! ^^

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 04:20:44 pm »
X3 Two more years until I start driver's ed. ....o.o I think.

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 04:30:17 pm »
Congrats!

I'm thinking of perhaps trying for mine over Winter break.  Both my (younger) siblings already have theirs. >.>
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 04:54:44 pm »

thanks, acualy it going to be rouge city near grants pass, my grandmother lives there and her birthday is in thes month and i work all holidays so i want to viset her while i have the chance (i almost lost her this last summer so i gotta apreshate her while i have her, she is the sweetest lady in the world)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 05:27:51 pm »
Some recommendations:

Please keep in mind that most people get in a wreck within a year of getting their license.  So, for a year I'd recommend the following.

1.)  Avoid driving your friends around. 
   (they are a big distraction)

2.)  Don't drive at night.
   (If you are not used to it, it can be scary trying to react to lights instead of other cars)

3.)  Don't drive tired.
   ( long road trips can lead to groggyness, new drivers might not see the signs and this could be bad)

I was 16 when I got my license and wanted to show up my driving skills to hot chick by driving her downtown.  I ended up side swiping a truck like an idiot. 

Also, something that might help.  I used to lock my keys in the car often.  So, I made a rule, keys need to be in the ignition in my hand or in my pocket.  When I started doing that, they stopped getting locked in car.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 06:48:56 pm »

thanks, acualy it going to be rouge city near grants pass, my grandmother lives there and her birthday is in thes month and i work all holidays so i want to viset her while i have the chance (i almost lost her this last summer so i gotta apreshate her while i have her, she is the sweetest lady in the world)
Awww...>< That sounds so sweet. How old young will she be?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 09:42:28 pm »
Some recommendations:
2.)  Don't drive at night.
3.)  Don't drive tired.
Also, something that might help.  I used to lock my keys in the car often.  So, I made a rule, keys need to be in the ignition in my hand or in my pocket.  When I started doing that, they stopped getting locked in car.

thanks for the advice, I have some practice driving in the evenings and in the rain, I am good about not driving when tired, and our car can only be locked from the outside to prevent locking them in, I also try not to drive when sick

my grandma will be turning 70 ...somthing..... ??? I seem to get the run around when i ask how old she is..I am pretty sure 77 +or - 1, but as far as she has said, she is turning 69 ...again, shes a bit more aged because when she was younger she worked in a place that did sodering and back then they didnt really belive in proper ventalation so she has a really bad cough, it worried my fiance when he met her.
she is 100% native american too her native name is white elk woman, and has vanity plate that says that, and she calls me her princess, she has really been the only grand parent to watch out for me growing up (I had a great grandma too but she was 82 when i was born and not really active understandably)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 10:22:51 pm »
I hope someone else is on that road trip to Grants Pass. That is one long drive if you aren't used to driving long distances. Srsly. The military only wants personnel to drive no more than 300 miles per day, and GP is about that far one way! Do take your time and smell the coffee.

Stop by in Creswell milepost 182. Say hi to me! I'll buy you a cup of coffee. If nothing else the gas is cheaper at the AM/PM ( if your car can stand the cheap stuff) than about anywhere in the area. I buy the 76 gas west of there about 2 blocks.

Congratulations! So you're 26, my favorite number. I picked that when my dad turned that age, 40 years ago. oh good grief. That was on a road trip to Nevada somewhere, I think my uncle's first wedding. 1968, what a year. We owned a Volkswagen Bus back then. Made some sand candles too, wove macrame. My folks saw Hair. lol But they wouldn't take me to see the Graduate! THe first movie I couldn't go see, that I know about.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 07:38:56 am »
In my latest job I had to drive 800-1000 miles a week at all times of day and night. If you ever feel tired at the wheel pull over and take a nap but if you cant sunflower seeds will save your life. Just eat some while you are driving and they will help you get to where you are going. Corn nuts help too.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 08:06:18 am »
In my latest job I had to drive 800-1000 miles a week at all times of day and night. If you ever feel tired at the wheel pull over and take a nap but if you cant sunflower seeds will save your life. Just eat some while you are driving and they will help you get to where you are going. Corn nuts help too.
Yes, I don't know how it works, but anything crunchy keeps people awake.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 09:08:56 am »
Yes, I don't know how it works, but anything crunchy keeps people awake.
Thats because when you eat corn nuts it shakes your whole head when you bite them.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 12:31:20 pm »
Good Job! I want my permit.
I miss 2010.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 07:03:59 am »
its funny I havent had a chance to drive since tuesday, I worked a compainon shift at work basicaly io sleep there 3 nights and work 2 16 hour shifts so i been gone all week...i missed my honey