Poll

Did you go to Fandemonium, and if so, did you like it?

No! It was great!
0 (0%)
Yes. Loved it.
1 (16.7%)
Yes. hated it.
0 (0%)
dunno. didn't go.
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 28, 2006, 10:25:28 am

Author Topic: Fandemonium '06  (Read 2763 times)

Offline nonomi

• Cabbit
Fandemonium '06
« on: August 28, 2006, 10:25:28 am »
Sadly, I was only able to go to Fandemonium for about two days out of the three. ;_; It was most un richous...but during those two days I had a lot of fun. I wasn't able to go to the spiffy panels, or anything like that...But when I was acting like a pirate lunatic named "Pants-less Bill," I noticed a few things that people liked/disliked, etc...

[Who all from the Willamete Vally area went? o_O]

The gaming room at Fandemonium 3 was big. They had a DDR tournament of course, and the ever well known in the world typical Halo tournament...I got to talk to the game room staff and they had a few issues with a T.V. smoking and stinking up the room....then the con leader, Borneo picking up the gigantic T.V....and confusing me...as well as a few other attendees.

The random games events were fun and held by a big guy named "Ogre" who is really cool. they realy have random games and puzzles and when you win them, you get things called "minibux" or as my friends and I called them, funbux. With those minibux, you could buy many many cool things ranging fromgundam models, to manga strait from japan, bunka needlepoint, and my fave, chocolate covered espresso beans. ^^ [I bought 33 scoops... :twisted:  hehehehe the caffien rush was awesome] One of the games consisted of seeing how many clothespins you could fit on your face in a matter of two minutes. PAIN!!! I tried it and got last place. ;_;

There was a heavy metal concert by a local band called Paylface. ^_^ they were cool...and loud...and cool....a typical heavy metal band.

Idaho's only big cosplay group called Ichidan did a performance called "Kingdom Hearts: Another Side." It threw Himura Kenshin, Han Solo, and Peter Parker into a world where Ansem was trying to steal the power from the fans. Summoned by Belldandy [From Ah! My Goddess] the three heros have to go through the trials of their hearts to get the courage, valor, etc... to defeat ansem. Each person had a song to sing...Ansem sang when worlds collide...seeing a bunch of shadow hearltess dance made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Peter Parker sung some song that was really amusing [and slightly painful] to M.J. but they had technical difficulties so he had to sing the song over again. O_O;;; Han was going to sing...but it's Han...No singing. just vader smacking him in the calves with a lightsaber saying "Submit!" Kenshin sang the reason by Hoobastank for Tomoe.....~squees~  Then Belldandy sang some song in japanese. o_O No clue what it was called but it sounded familiar... ^^;;

BAD THING: There was this crazy lady, whose name I thankfully forgot but am for some reason trying to remember it. Alot of people simpoly knew her as crazy...but after the Boffer Meele [ For more info got to www.fandemonium.org ] She yelled something to me, and all I can remember from it was the two words "Believe it!!"...I think she said something like "I'm gonna kill you! Believe it!!!" before she started swinging the boffer sword at my head like it was a ball on a tee....~wimpers~ She was so scary. ;_;

Two dances on the nights I was there. Saturday held the MAsquerade ball...hardly anybody showed up. Then the No pants-dance...more people...more fun...more glowsticks.

On the third day, there was something called a marker fight and it was...well...unique. Everybody got a white Hanes t-shirt, a marker [Or in my friend Ian's case... TEN ~coughs~...but I stole one from him. ^^;; ] There was a time limit of 5-10 minutes...I wasn't too sure because I'm sorry...running around markin' on people is uber fun and will always be. Along with the shirts and marker, you got a funky sea monster-like mask. >>; I'm not too sure wtf it was...All I know, is that if you put it on upside down it looked like a festive Cthulhu. ^^
Thinking hurts and thoughts dont rhyme.
To those of us who've never tried to find a face behind our lipstick smiles, and as our pretty faces die our broken hearts will wonder why the makeup just won't hide the scars of time.