Author Topic: how early to come?  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
how early to come?
« on: August 30, 2006, 07:36:01 pm »
I heard somewhere in the forums that if you show up late, you may not be able to get in... what time exactly do you refer to as late?

I don't think it means me, since I'll come around 10AM Saturday, but...

Offline antibishie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.antibishie.com
I would suggest....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:57:58 pm »
I would suggest arriving at the crack of dawn and then circling the hotel like carnivores moving in for the kill.

But that's a horrible idea.  Generally speaking I would say that if you are needing to pick up your badge then being early isn't a bad idea.  If you already have your badge then just show up whenever the first thing that looked interesting to you on the schedule is being held.

With the cons that I've been to the early morning time often has things that are worth going to, but the "general" areas aren't yet full of the hustle and bustle that follows during later hours.  (This is likely because everyone stays up so light being excited.)
-----
Jeremy Forbes
"You have much YAOI-esque-ness here...!"
http://www.antibishie.com

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
how early to come?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:43:29 pm »
Look at the schedule.

Gaming opens at 8:00am. The viewing rooms open at that time as well. Registration will likely begin at 8:00, the vendor room opens at 10 from what I've seen, and opening ceremonies is at 11:00.

So, get there around 9 and you're guaranteed to get in. At the meeting we heard that more than 1000 people have pre-registerred, and there's usually the same ammount buying badges at the door. So as long as you're one of the first 1000 people through the entrance you should be fine!  :D

Personally, I suggest getting there around 8am. The really intense locals will already be in line but even if you have to wait an hour you really won't be missing much.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Wait a second...
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:12:12 am »
Wait a second!  *panics*  O.O  

I pre-registered (like a good little girl) but I might not be able to arrive until Saturday afternoon!  I still get to come in right?!  I paid for my badge and my hotel room and everything!   :shock:  :cry:
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)
2009-Princess Peach (Nintendo)
2010-Mrs. Lovett (Sweeney Todd)
2011- ~Undertaker~ (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
how early to come?
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 07:00:57 am »
yes you will, just head to registration when u arive.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Wait a second...
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 08:26:19 am »
Quote from: "lurkingpuppy"
Wait a second!  *panics*  O.O  

I pre-registered (like a good little girl) but I might not be able to arrive until Saturday afternoon!  I still get to come in right?!  I paid for my badge and my hotel room and everything!   :shock:  :cry:

From what I understand, you could be pre-reg. and arrive on Monday afternoon and still get in (although it would be too late for anything else at that time.)

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
how early to come?
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 03:34:54 pm »
^.^''  Okie, thank-you!  I'm just a wee bit paranoid.

:roll:
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)
2009-Princess Peach (Nintendo)
2010-Mrs. Lovett (Sweeney Todd)
2011- ~Undertaker~ (Kuroshitsuji)