Author Topic: fishies  (Read 3281 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
fishies
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:42:04 am »
i have 2 fishies. trying to work on some health and water quality issues, with very little $. wondering whom else online may have fishies or experience with fishies and can brainstorm w/me or if you live in eugene come help me? my beloved EB & BB (nicknames) & i thank u....
they are green severum south american cichlids (freshwater)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
fishies
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:43:49 am »
DO you have one of thoseairating things for their water?  All fish but Beta need one or they die pretty quick.

That's about all I know about fish care, except that goldfish blow up if you feed them too much. ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
fishies
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 10:47:10 am »
yeah i kinda learned the goldfish thing in kindergarten (rest in peace goldie).

um....yeah i have an aerator it is called deep water. didn't have one for the first couple years and did lose a couple fishies before i learned thanks dear
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline snakeling

• Sailor Scout
    • http://cmdproduction.com
Re: fishies
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 03:50:39 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
i have 2 fishies. trying to work on some health and water quality issues, with very little $. wondering whom else online may have fishies or experience with fishies and can brainstorm w/me or if you live in eugene come help me? my beloved EB & BB (nicknames) & i thank u....
they are green severum south american cichlids (freshwater)

Weekly water changes of about 25-50% help quite a bit with my dirty fish.  Get some gallon water jugs and fill them and leave them open for a few days to release the cholene.  A water filter.  Size of the tank is also quite important.  So is temperature.  If you have a heater and what temp it stays at can be critical.   Diet.  I think your carnivores need some animal protean in their diet.  

A few ideas...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
fishies
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 11:35:21 am »
thanks for the thoughts. what do you think of distilled water? is that a bad idea?
what is cholene? did you mean chloine?

what about bottled spring water?

anyone know anything about a filter adjunct called a biomax?