Author Topic: New to Kumoricon  (Read 7695 times)

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
New to Kumoricon
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:43:52 pm »
...and Oregon.

Hello, everyone. My name's Patricia, but you may call me Serena. I was born in Louisiana and was raised there for nineteen years. However, shortly after my nineteenth birthday, I moved to Oregon in order to be with my beloved. We've been dating for four years, but three years of that time was online. Fortunately, we did see one another on occasion by taking plane flights. We celebrated our fourth anniversary in Portland.

Whenever I first stepped into Portland, I fell in love. The sights, the stores, the life. I've never seen so many awesome things before in my entire life. As a matter of fact, I should say that the first time I came to Oregon, I fell in love. Shortly after I got off the plane, I had to wait awhile before my ride even came, so I asked one of the employees at the airport what type of sights I could see whilst I wait. He, simply put with a smile, told me to go all the way to the top of the parking garage and that'll be enough. Boy, was he right! As soon as I could see over the ledge, the breath got taken right out of me. Oregon is so beautiful. Louisiana? It's pretty flat and rather boring. That and the hurricanes get tiring.

I'll admit that I miss my family, my friends, the spicy cajun and creole cooking, and some of the many festivities like Mardi Gras, but there's just so much more in Oregon that Louisiana just doesn't have.

Aside from that, though - I'm an artist and a photographer. You can see most of my work at my DeviantART account, which I believe the link is in my profile. I've only done a few cosplays because there's only one anime convention I've been to and that was in Louisiana. I've cosplayed as Chii from Chobits, Aya from Tenjho Tenge, and Kareha from Shuffle! At Kumoricon, I'll most likely be cosplaying as Kareha and Aya. I might give Chii another try, I don't really know yet. I'm wanting to do more cosplays, but am trying my hardest to cosplay only long, blonde-haired girls to look more like the character I'm being. If anyone has any suggestions, especially with a reference of the character, I'll be more than happy to look into it.

On a different subject, though, I really wish I didn't sign up on the boards so late. I guess I was more nervous than I thought. Pre-registration ends on August 10th and that's the day I get paid, which is pretty much the only way I'd be able to pay. I honestly don't know how Kumoricon works, though - In Louisiana, I knew the anime convention I was going to like a book. Knowing that I'm going to be going to an anime convention that I've never been to in a town where I don't know where practically everything is makes me even more nervous. I've only gone to places in Portland via the Max. Other than the stops that the Max takes me, I don't know where a thing is. I'm pretty sure my beloved knows more where things are in Portland than I do considering the fact that he's lived in Oregon for the longest time, but he's also never been to Kumoricon. So, I can imagine us walking around the convention floors lost and confused. But, I'm pretty sure that I'm just worrying too much. I tend to do that.

All in all, I'm hoping that my going to Kumoricon will be more of a success than I'm thinking it'll be and that I'll have loads of fun and hopefully make new friends. I never thought moving would be so hard, you know? I've been in Oregon for a few months and have only made one friend, but I'm definitely hoping to find more.

My deepest apologies for the long post, but I thank you for taking the time to read it <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: New to Kumoricon
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:55:02 pm »
Hello Serena! Welcome to Kumoricon and welcome to Oregon!

Your story is very similar to my fiance's! Vallie moved here from Michigan in 2002 and we'd been dating online for three years before that. (I'm sure she'll correct me if I get the years wrong. LOL)

Anyway, it's better to jump on the forums a month before the con than a month afterwards. There's going to be a lot of stuff to read if you want to find out what's happening at the convention and even more stuff to read about all of us crazy people. If you come to like us all I hope to see you at the Forum Meetup Panel on Saturday night!

BTW, it is my duty to give you these links, since I can't be sure you'll see one of the other 500 forum threads I've posted them in.  ;)
http://pockyclub.elite-otaku.net/maps.html
http://pockyclub.elite-otaku.net/staff.html

Those should be self-explainatory and informative. Hope you have a lot of fun!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:13:19 pm »
It's so nice to hear that someone has a similar story. It's even more nice to hear that others do have successful online relationships. An online relationship is difficult, especially since you can't do the simplest of things with your beloved, like holding hands or hugging. But, once you get to see them or even be with them, you realize the wait was very much worth the while. I've seen my beloved twice before moving here, but once I saw him on the day I moved here, I was so relieved. I knew that there was going to be no more pain, I knew that every single day I'd wake up to see his face and just be with him, I knew that nothing was taking me away from him, like a date to hop on a plane and head back to Louisiana. It was just such a wonderful feeling and to this day it still is.

Aside from that, though - I give you my deepest thanks for giving me these links. I'll be sure to print them out as soon as possible and look over them as much as possible. As a matter of fact, I suggest you nor anyone else to be surprised if you see a girl sitting down somewhere with her face glued to pieces of paper. Maybe that won't be so bad, though - at least most people should realize "Hey, that must be the the new girl from Louisiana" and give me some help, lol.

- Serena Kiti

Offline KawaiTei

• Cabbit
    • Tei - DeviantART.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 05:02:00 pm »
*pokes Patty* i'm with her. i'm the Oregonian she moved up here for.

i'm new to conventions in general. Even after all this time in the greater Portland area and i've never heard of KumoriCon. We heard about it from some otakus at Lloyd Center and decided we'd give it a shot. Patty's a con-veteran, so she still knows more than i do. if i can, i'd like to cosplay, but i haven't the first idea just who. *shrugs* Patty and i don't have too many local friends. Most of my friends from high school disappeared as soon as they got their diplomas and Patty's new to the area altogether. i hope we'll make friends here and have fun at the Con.

-Kawai Tei-

Offline Malachi_Lestat

• Cabbit
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mrsheeroyuy
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 08:32:42 pm »
Hey and welcome ^^

I may not have a similar story but I am open to anyone.
So I thought I'd drop in and say HOWDY.
Well... okay. "Hello."
But I am feeling in a Howdy sorta mood today.

Wow. One mention of the words Lloyd Center and my mind instantly jumps back to KCon '05.... we were right next door to the Lloyd Center at the Double Tree and it was a MOB down there. *laughs* You'll have tons of fun at KumoriCon. I guarantee it. You'll meet lots of people who share the same interests as you and I will bet you good money that come Closing Ceremony on September 3rd... you will be looking around going:: "It's over already? When is the next one?"
I am a fourth year retuning attendee and let me tell you.... it is SO worth both the fees and the wait.

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 09:06:02 pm »
Hello ello! And welcome my friend! ^-^
I'm am a third year returning KumoriCon goer myself, and have loved every year! =D hahah
Yes I remember the Lloyed center that year, haha. A friend at the begining of the school year heard me talking about it and was all "OOOOH! So that was what the deal was with all those weird people in costumes!" hahaha.
If I see you, i'd be more then happy to help you out! =D
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 10:27:49 pm »
Hey and welcome ^^

I may not have a similar story but I am open to anyone.
So I thought I'd drop in and say HOWDY.
Well... okay. "Hello."
But I am feeling in a Howdy sorta mood today.

Wow. One mention of the words Lloyd Center and my mind instantly jumps back to KCon '05.... we were right next door to the Lloyd Center at the Double Tree and it was a MOB down there. *laughs* You'll have tons of fun at KumoriCon. I guarantee it. You'll meet lots of people who share the same interests as you and I will bet you good money that come Closing Ceremony on September 3rd... you will be looking around going:: "It's over already? When is the next one?"
I am a fourth year retuning attendee and let me tell you.... it is SO worth both the fees and the wait.

Well, It's nice to hear that you're open to anyone. I'm pretty much the same way. Also, there's absolutely no problem in being in a "howdy" mood. I was raised and come from the south, I've heard that word more than enough and am used to it. As a matter of fact, hearing it makes me feel a little at home.

About Lloyd Center, Tei Kiti and I heard about it from this girl that worked at Morning Glory. One of the main reasons I'd go from Dayton to Portland is to go to Lloyd Center just for the store. I was in there so much that the girl and I would talk about whatever. What I thought was so neat is how she not only talked about it, but also gave me a Kumoricon poster. Unfortunately, I was told by her sometime in May that the store was going to be closed in June. I'll miss that store, I really will.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 10:31:00 pm »
Hello ello! And welcome my friend! ^-^
I'm am a third year returning KumoriCon goer myself, and have loved every year! =D hahah
Yes I remember the Lloyed center that year, haha. A friend at the begining of the school year heard me talking about it and was all "OOOOH! So that was what the deal was with all those weird people in costumes!" hahaha.
If I see you, i'd be more then happy to help you out! =D

My deepest thanks for the welcome. It's most appreciated.

A third year attendee, huh? I was going to be a third year attendee at the anime convention in Louisiana, but just couldn't make it. I wanted so much to make it, I tried my hardest to make it, but just couldn't. Purchasing a plane ticket, a pass to get into the convention, and having money to spend during said convention was just too much for me. I'm hoping to succeed in going to Louisiana for the convention next year, though.

Well, if I see you, your help will most definitely be wanted! <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 04:22:38 pm »
welcome, this is going to be my first time going to kumoricon and yeah when I left sakuracon I was all sad and wondering when the next one was...

I'm pondering making the trek up to rad con too next year!
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 10:18:56 pm »
welcome, this is going to be my first time going to kumoricon and yeah when I left sakuracon I was all sad and wondering when the next one was...

I'm pondering making the trek up to rad con too next year!

Thanks a lot for the welcome. I appreciate it!

This'll obviously be my first time going to Kumoricon also. I especially know how you feel about the whole feeling sad after an anime convention has ended. Trust me on that.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 11:33:36 pm »
Welcome!!!!!!! If you have any questions at all, you can pm me for any questions. I hope you enjoy it here ^_^
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 12:13:46 am »
Hey, welcome! This will be my second year coming and my second year as an artist in artist alley. I remembered how nervous and twitchy I was and how little I knew and how few I knew. But everyone is very friendly and they will treat you very well. And after I  got myself situated a little with the forum, I feel right at home, or at least a little more comfortable then I did a year before.

Yeah, I know how about Dayton. Use to live in Yamhill before moving to Tualatin and Lake Oswego. Beautiful area, but such a long commute when you are taking classes in downtown Portland.

And about wondering around being lost, I am sure you will not be alone in that....lost people seem to roam in groups. ;)

Glad to have you and hope you will enjoy and become less intimated about being in Portland. It has taken me almost four years to to learn what little I know now. There is a lot here, it just takes a little time and the willingness to take the scenic route to learn the city. ^^

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 01:00:22 pm »
Welcome!!!!!!! If you have any questions at all, you can pm me for any questions. I hope you enjoy it here ^_^

If I have any questions at all, I'll definitely be sure to send you a pm. My deepest thanks for your wanting to help me out <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 01:14:46 pm »
Hey, welcome! This will be my second year coming and my second year as an artist in artist alley. I remembered how nervous and twitchy I was and how little I knew and how few I knew. But everyone is very friendly and they will treat you very well. And after I  got myself situated a little with the forum, I feel right at home, or at least a little more comfortable then I did a year before.

Yeah, I know how about Dayton. Use to live in Yamhill before moving to Tualatin and Lake Oswego. Beautiful area, but such a long commute when you are taking classes in downtown Portland.

And about wondering around being lost, I am sure you will not be alone in that....lost people seem to roam in groups. ;)

Glad to have you and hope you will enjoy and become less intimated about being in Portland. It has taken me almost four years to to learn what little I know now. There is a lot here, it just takes a little time and the willingness to take the scenic route to learn the city. ^^

Oh, you're an artist? So am I! I'm also a photographer, however. You can see most of my work at DeviantART. My screename there is serenapitre. Other than that, though - since you're going to be in the artist alley, I'll be sure to keep my eye out for you. I admit that I'll have to find it first, but you get the picture, lol.

So, you remember how you felt your first time going, huh? That's pretty much what I'm going through right now, except the fact that I'm not remembering it, I'm going through it, lol. I'm not like this just because of Kumoricon, though - it's just everything. In Louisiana, I lived in the same house, on the same street, in the same town since I was born. Everyone knew me. I always thought that whenever I moved, it'd be not so far, maybe about the next town over or something. Instead, I first move to Oregon, clear across the United States.

It's wonderul to be with my beloved everyday, but it's a little hard for me in other situations. I try to make friends, it usually never works. I use alot of Louisiana slang, if you want to call it that, so most people that're around me don't know what I'm talking about (thank heavens that my beloved has known me for so long that he already knows most of it). I'm not fluent in Spanish, I'm fluent in French. I only say that because Oregon seems the type of state to where Spanish would seem very useful. I love spicy foods, I can't help it. If anyone knows of Louisiana, it's spicy cajun and creole cooking no matter where you go. In Oregon, not many things are spicy, so I end up purchasing loads of boxes of Zataran's. I could go on and on, but yeah, lol. Besides, where would it get me?

All in all, though, as I've said, Oregon's a gorgeous state and I love it. I love it a lot. There's loads of things I need to get used to, like where things are and such, but I enjoy it here.

Anyway, about Dayton, another reason why it's so hard for me to make friends is because I don't actually live in Dayton. I live seven miles out of Dayton. I'm more near Grand Island, but where I'm living, my address still has Dayton in it. But, because I live so far out of Dayton, I'm basically living smack dab in the middle of a field with hardly anyone around. I go into McMinnville to go grocery shopping and what have you, but it's kind of hard to go into town to do what you've got to do and make friends at the same time. If there was some big thing going on, like this anime convention, to where a lot of people are around, I can focus on at least trying to make friends. I'm just hoping I'll be more successful than I'm thinking.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 11:18:07 pm »

If I have any questions at all, I'll definitely be sure to send you a pm. My deepest thanks for your wanting to help me out <3

- Serena Kiti

NP, i've been going to con's for about 5yrs ^_^ I still remember my first year, I was kinda confused too >w< All you trukey have to do is be your self and have fun ^_^
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 07:17:00 am »
Yeah, understand the frustration of not having much to do..and well Mac isn't necessarily the height of excitement, if you don't count bad traffic. ><  It takes time to meet new people. But then again...this is why you are coming out to the Con.

And well, can't say much about the lack about spicy and the french. Though if I recall, I think there is a small group of people who moved from the Big Easy up to NE Portland and settled there after Katarina. You might see if you there is any way you can get in touch with them. Or at least where they hang out. Unfortunately, I don't there is much of a population for that in the Dayton area. But who  knows...that is the great part about living there....you don't know who is out there. Though, I suppose that could be bad thing too.... ><

Probably should stop rambling before I make an idiot of myself.  :P

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 07:47:06 pm »

- Serena Kiti

NP, i've been going to con's for about 5yrs ^_^ I still remember my first year, I was kinda confused too >w< All you trukey have to do is be your self and have fun ^_^

Oh, I've been to anime conventions, just the ones being held in Louisiana. It's just this'll be my first time going to an anime convention being held up here. There's loads of reasons as to why I'm so nervous, but one of them is because this'll be my first time going to this particular convention. That and the fact that I hardly know where anything is, lol.

- Serena Kiti

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 10:29:43 pm »
hello and welcome! (as if that hasn't been said enough)
but really though, kurmoricon is friendly (obviously) and we do welcome you
i understand what it's like to be a newb. your lucky that you found this place though. i found out about it through a magazine and...just went! XP i didn't know about registering or getting in boths...i didn't even know anything exsisted! all i knew was that people would cosplay...so i went and brought my camera. *sigh* the good old days of ignorance.
however, you have this website, so obvously you've found out about registering & ect. and your making frineds before the kurmoicon (always a good idea) and, not just for kurmoicon, but throught portland and oregon as well! (and hey, i'm in washington, so...washington too! XD)
so i hope you have fun and being with someone you love is always nice. but i'm glad your comming to kurmoricon!  :)

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 10:30:22 am »
The Montage is an...interesting restaurant in the area that serves Cajun food (it sounded like you were missing it). The food is very good, though the restaurant is a little different - people don't get separate tables, they just sit you next to people you don't know. If you're OK with that and the price tag ($8-$20) it's not a bad place. I've only had the Mac & Cheese though ><

It's not on the Max Line though :/

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 02:14:19 am »
The Montage is an...interesting restaurant in the area that serves Cajun food (it sounded like you were missing it). The food is very good, though the restaurant is a little different - people don't get separate tables, they just sit you next to people you don't know. If you're OK with that and the price tag ($8-$20) it's not a bad place. I've only had the Mac & Cheese though ><

It's not on the Max Line though :/

The Montage, huh? Obviously, I've never heard of it. But, believe me, I'm thankful like no tomorrow about your telling me of this restaurant. And, you're absolutely right, I sure am missing Cajun food. How could I not? I'm a Louisianian! Now, is this restaurant in Portland? If it is, lucky me, because I'm going to Portland with my beloved tomorrow and will be there until Tuesday.

I did click on the link, but it's not really giving me any information. If it's not any trouble, could you give me any? Like, where's it located in Portland? My beloved knows more around Portland than I do. So, I'm sure if you told me at least that, we can find our way there.

Again, thank you so much. I truly hope that we can find this restaurant so my craving for Cajun food'll be at ease at least whilst I'm in Portland.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 02:21:49 am »
Nevermind - I looked it up and went over it with my beloved. He said that it won't be a problem and that we're able to go. I'll still, however, be printing out the map and directions to where I can at least follow along with where we're going.

Again, thank you so much! My time in Portland'll be even better thanks to your telling me about this restaurant.

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 02:30:44 am »
hello and welcome! (as if that hasn't been said enough)
but really though, kurmoricon is friendly (obviously) and we do welcome you
i understand what it's like to be a newb. your lucky that you found this place though. i found out about it through a magazine and...just went! XP i didn't know about registering or getting in boths...i didn't even know anything exsisted! all i knew was that people would cosplay...so i went and brought my camera. *sigh* the good old days of ignorance.
however, you have this website, so obvously you've found out about registering & ect. and your making frineds before the kurmoicon (always a good idea) and, not just for kurmoicon, but throught portland and oregon as well! (and hey, i'm in washington, so...washington too! XD)
so i hope you have fun and being with someone you love is always nice. but i'm glad your comming to kurmoricon!  :)

Oh, my hearing welcome doesn't bother me whatsoever. I can hear it over and over again and it'll still bring a smile upon my face. How can I not like being welcomed? It makes me feel, well, welcomed!

Well, don't be too surprised that I decided to go onto the Kumoricon website first. As I've already stated, I went to this one anime convention in Louisiana multiple times. I know that I should go to the website of said anime convention, pre-register, etc. I knew darn well that it'd be difficult like no tomorrow to go all the way back to Louisiana for that particular anime convention, so I had to find one here. I heard about it in Morning Glory, a store in Lloyd Center that I fell in love with the second I walked into it. So, after hearing about it, I knew I just had to continue to look into it.

All in all, I do believe I'll have fun at Kumoricon. I admit, I'm sure I'll get a little freaked out now and again at the fact that I hardly know where anything is. So, whilst browsing around the convention floors, I'll suddenly become lost, and will most likely have a little freak attack. And, by freak attack, I mean getting tears within my eyes. Not knowing where you are is just... well, scary.

I'm glad that I'm coming to Kumoricon myself. I'm hoping that someway, somehow, I'll be able to spot you! <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 02:37:27 am »
it is not a problem, the hotel is big but it isn't too huge. 

Goto the mini con get your bearings :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 01:56:22 pm »
it is not a problem, the hotel is big but it isn't too huge. 

Goto the mini con get your bearings :)

Where will the minicon be held at anyway? Will it be held somewhere in Portland or Vancouver? My apologies for so many questions!

- Serena The Kiti

Offline Nroseseeer

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 02:32:32 pm »
The mini-con is tomorrow (sat) at 10 here's the link http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=4843.0
"nothing is ever fool proof because fools are so ingenious..."
-anonymous

2007 Cos-play Stage Ninja
2008 Stage Manager/Ninja, Panelist
2009 Stage Manager, Charity Auction Manager

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 06:22:30 pm »
Hey I'm glad you're going to go try it out, I hope you like it. I hope you're not too scared by the location! Make sure you have leftovers, they wrap them for you in foil shaped like animals.

Offline Raccon-Faced_Keruri

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 10:13:01 pm »
Welcome to Oregon, and Kumoricon! I'd say I hope you have fun, but I'm fairly certain you're going to have fun no matter what. :D

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 10:20:06 pm »
If you have money and time to burn, Jake's Famous Crawfish downtown Portland has some lovely mudbugs in season. Other than that, it's fish.

It's a little west of Powell's City of Books on Burnside.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 12:10:58 am »
Hey I'm glad you're going to go try it out, I hope you like it. I hope you're not too scared by the location! Make sure you have leftovers, they wrap them for you in foil shaped like animals.

Oh, yes - me and my beloved will definitely be trying it out. He knows how I long to eat Cajun cuisine again.

And, by the way, thank you so much for the tip. I'll make sure to have leftovers. Which, in all honesty, shouldn't be too hard for me - I eat so slow and so little. Still, I really can't wait to see them wrap my leftovers in foil shaped like animals. Oh, that sounds so lovely and adorable!

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 12:11:48 am »
Welcome to Oregon, and Kumoricon! I'd say I hope you have fun, but I'm fairly certain you're going to have fun no matter what. :D

Thanks for the welcome! I really appreciate it! <3

- Serena Kiti

Offline Serena Kiti

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 12:14:49 am »
If you have money and time to burn, Jake's Famous Crawfish downtown Portland has some lovely mudbugs in season. Other than that, it's fish.

It's a little west of Powell's City of Books on Burnside.

Aw, man... crawfish is something I've been craving like no tomorrow. However, I don't think it's still crawfish season. From what I know, it isn't crawfish season in Louisiana, but I could be wrong. If all they're serving at this point in time is fish, then I don't really wish to go, especially since I'm not fond of fish. Still, I appreciate your telling me of this place and will most definitely go whenever I'm able. I admit, though... if they're serving crawfish at this very moment, I'll most likely check it out as soon as possible! My deepest thanks!

- Serena Kiti

Offline Ed_Elric

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2007, 12:26:11 am »
Serena,

Welcome to Oregon, Or rather PORTLAND My one an only, DUH!, Birthplace!  Although...your story is familiar to me as well.

I may have been born here but I have only live here, In oregon city, for about four years out of a very long 18 year life, thus far >_<. 
My mom was in the military so I was move about every 2 years or so.
I am also planning on leave this great state and city for a long time o join with the Air Force, and it saddens me to leave.
However, I makes me happy that one more person has come to see Oregon for all it's beauty.  A tip though, don't jsut stick to portland, the country side and southern areas have much to offer too, camping ATVing Horse back riding, MOUNTAINS!! yes you heard me mountains.  closest good skiing is mt hood ^_^ I love it up there...If there is no snow there is hiking too. 
Well, I hope you have a wonderful time in oregon...and the con is accually in Vancuver Washington...so your not alone in the lost part either, though I can't say I even know my way around the portland metro area very well yet, there is just too much! lol
Have great time!
-Stephen/Ed-Elric/Mindless_Stalker(gaia)/Reno (Con) ^_^

PS
If you ever want another friend leave me a PM, k?

Offline animedude3

• Oni
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2007, 08:05:41 pm »
yo!!! hi evrybody! ows it goin. srry 2 but in on da convo u were havin, its just i saw the wurd "new" in its name, i just had 2 c it (or rather replie 2 it, i nvr reed o.0)

this is my first anime convention, an it wuz FUN!!! i especially liked the random panel of doom, that wuz REELY funny, sadly i had 2 leev sunday (2day) at 3(PM!!!)

so, um, i wuz just here 2 clairify my existance, carry on wit ur conversation :)
hello!this wuz my first anime convention(07). it wuz reely fun, thnx evwyone! u guys were so nice^.^im or pm me if u r nu and want sumone 2 tok 2.o, and i LUV sora (no i am not bi or gay) and if u even saw me, i wuz the normal-person-exept-with-bear-hatXD

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 12:37:11 am »
Sorry, I cannot read a single word of that last post.  Shall we try again in English?

Offline animedude3

• Oni
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2007, 10:58:10 am »
sorry, i have a problem. i'll try my best
basicly, IM NEW!!!
hello!this wuz my first anime convention(07). it wuz reely fun, thnx evwyone! u guys were so nice^.^im or pm me if u r nu and want sumone 2 tok 2.o, and i LUV sora (no i am not bi or gay) and if u even saw me, i wuz the normal-person-exept-with-bear-hatXD