Author Topic: Wahhh ;.;  (Read 4115 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Wahhh ;.;
« on: June 27, 2007, 04:43:32 pm »
I just went to the dentist and found out that...

I have to get my wisdom teeth extracted next month ;.;

They are not impacted ::{thank god}:: but I have to have oral surgery because they're close to the nerve. Anyone else had they're teeth out yet? How bad is it because I'm really really scared ;.;
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 04:52:58 pm »
I went in, they put a mask on me and a pin in my arm, I said this isn't work next thing I know I'm in the car, then I blink and I'm at home it was really weird
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:57:51 pm »
I had mine out last December - something I probably should have done 12 years ago (I'm 30).  The actuall proceedure was not a problem, but the recovery was rather unpleasant.  I spent a weekend lying on the couch feeling miserable, eating nothing but mashed potatoes, soup and bananna & rum smoothies.  After that, it was a couple of weeks of painful mouth, and after that, a couple months of having to remember to hose out the holes with a syringe to keep food from sticking in them.  I was not dilligent enough, however, and something stuck in one of the holes resulting in a dry socket, so I had to go back and have that cleaned out.  Not a really positive experience.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 05:36:04 pm »
I had an awesome time. It's the only time I've gone under for surgery and the guys I went to in Eugene did a bang up job. Buy a lot of jello and pudding cups for your fridge and get somebody you trust to get you home. I remember very little of my friend Ian steering me as I walked up to my third floor Dorm. I walked out of the office to the car, from the car to the dorms, into my room, and Ian made sure I knew where the instructions from the doctor were before I collapsed onto my bed. I didn't get dry socket so my holes healed up just fine and went back in pretty quick. I was lucky.

My biggest recommendation. After the surgery when you stumble home to bed. Make sure there's a towel over your pillow. Not to be too gross, but post surgery drool will leave stains.  :shock:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 05:39:04 pm »
Yeah I would have to say its not that bad.  They put me under.  All I remember was them asking me to count backwards and me wondering why the tree outside were swaying back and forth.  Then I was woken up and it had already been done.  I think the only unpleasant time is afterwards waiting till you can eat good food again.  But then again jello is yummy.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 06:58:31 pm »
I had my wisdom teeth out around this time of year back when I was 16... I remember noticing that the male nurse who put in the IV at the hospital was adorable  :D and I was happy to see him when I woke up. :YUM: Felt kinda miserable when I woke up - until they gave me morphine. 2 of my wisdom teeth had been seriously impacted and they had to dig and scrape to yank 'em out. My face stayed swollen for a while. Mom said I was quite amusing while on morphine... don't recall much about the recovery, 'cuz the meds were soooooo good .  :D   Anyway, I recovered in a couple of weeks and all went back to normal. Had to do the deal w/ the syringe to clean out the holes in back and was grossed out by the stitches in the back of my mouth (once they morphine ran out that is and I actually started noticing reality).  They don't give morphine anymore. They now give you vicoden which is rather useless as far as pain relief. So glad I got the "good meds".

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 07:17:52 pm »
i ad all mine ou dis las january plan
okay i no e\/en +ry pos7 bu++ons are no+ working rig|-|+ now
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 08:45:03 pm »
good luck. i had a root canal, i brought a friend with me to make it bearable.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 08:57:28 pm »
I haven't gotten my wisdom teeth out, but I have had 4 permanent teeth pulled out before I got my braces. The actual extraction didn't hurt, it felt like a pop, because they gave me laughing gas.
But like the others, it hurt so much afterward! My entire mouth was swollen, and I cried because soup kept dripping out of my mouth... D:

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 10:24:37 pm »
Quote from: "totemo_oishii"
I haven't gotten my wisdom teeth out, but I have had 4 permanent teeth pulled out before I got my braces. The actual extraction didn't hurt, it felt like a pop, because they gave me laughing gas.
But like the others, it hurt so much afterward! My entire mouth was swollen, and I cried because soup kept dripping out of my mouth... D:

Awwe, I never lost any of my baby teeth as a kid and they had to pull them out. ::{I know it was nothing near the stuff I'm gonna get out next month}:: But all my front teeth got pulled out and they were bleeding a lot. And I remember my mother making me eat soup and all of it just not staying in my mouth and blood being everywhere ._. It sucked

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 01:00:07 pm »
just feel lucky they aren't impacted. I had my upper right wisdom tooth removed 2 weeks ago, nothing easier.  novicane, drill, wham bam, tooth is out. 1 day of MILD pain (made into no pain with vicadin) BUT just yesterday I had my lower right wisdom tooth extracted BUT it was impacted so they could only remove the top half of it along with the nerve. the two roots are still in the lower half and they cant remove it, so their havin me come back every 2 weeks for more attempts as it moves. my face feels like they threw me in the ring with mike tyson!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline dakrum

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/daks_mind
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 02:00:01 pm »
weeee i had 7 yeah your reading it right 7 teeth removed at once for my braces. it was not to bad. all i remember is counting and then being woken up and having my dad help me to car stumbling. then trying to out of the car myself and almost impaling myself on the small picked fence by the driveway. @_@ then with my dad next me helping me to the house. then me sitting on the couch going in and out. that god i worked part time at the time (yay for four dayweekends) not to bad but kinda wousy the day after and mild pain
THE anime list
now known as dakiro

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 02:38:28 pm »
Apparently my wisdom teeth are non-existant... finally something good lol. I had to have basically every tooth pulled by professionals until it was decided that I needed braces (which I don't have anymore yaaay)... and one was even frozen out with an ICE CUBE!!!! ... which would explain why my teeth have since then been extremely sensitive to cold things T__T;;
sucks. Who in the heck chooses to freeze a child's tooth out with an ice cube rather than just yanking it *sigh* it ended up hurting worse because it took so long >__<;;
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 02:58:02 pm »
okay wow i had just tried typing but half the keys wernt working but better now.
just be sure to have plenty of soft foods like puddin and breakfast shakes to eat cuz even if you crave a big yummy steak you can no eat
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 02:57:27 pm »
Meg had hers out, she had to go to an oral surgeon for it, and they doped her up real good. She was fine, but she was out for a day, sleepy and unable to lie down for the first few hours (she couldn't because of the cotton in her mouth.) For a few days while the clots formed she couldn't eat many foods, only mashed potatoes and milkshakes, stuff like that.

I've had one out. I don't have dental coverage, so I only got one out when it finally collapsed from a cavity. It was painful! So be glad you have coverage and you're getting them out now! The dentist who removed it, though, was very very good. I was in and out in probably 45 minutes, and I didn't feel a thing. He was way out in Gresham but if you want a recommendation I can look his name up for you.

Unfortunately I have three more, including one that is as impacted as can possibly be, but no coverage to get them removed. So they continue to give me pain when they decide to move in a little bit more. :(
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 03:03:32 pm »
Thanks for all the advice and stories guys :3 I'm still scared but I'm not freaking out anymore XD

And thanks guspasho for offering the recommendation but I live all the way in Redmond so going to Gresham to get my teeth extracted could be more trouble than it's worse~

Again thanks everyone :3

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 03:05:28 pm »
Oh ok, I had assumed that was Rainbow Land, Oregon ;)
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Wahhh ;.;
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 03:05:53 pm »
According to my dentist, my wisdom teeth are growing in fine and chances are I'll be keeping them. ^_^
The only tooth I've had pulled out was one of my baby-canine teeth.  It was coming down weird and it turned out that the gum had wrapped around a small part of the tooth.
The only advice I can think of is, if you're getting a shot to numb the area, don't tense up.  Tensing up will tighten things up and make it harder for the person giving you the shot.  Speaking from personal experience, you don't want to tense up then suddenly relax during the shot.
I can't add anything for masks....