Author Topic: Table top roleplay!  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Table top roleplay!
« on: June 23, 2007, 02:18:29 pm »
Who here is a dice and pencil nerd?

*raises hand highly and proudly* :D
'My complete disbelief in this reality is the one thing keeping me from going insane' - old motto

'My old motto has failed me! Reality intrudes! Prepare for insanity!' -new motto

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 04:06:35 pm »
Its been a year sense I last roleplayed.  What games have you played?  I've done Rifts, nightspawn (before they caved and changed the name), AD&D pre and post d20, Champions and a sci-fi roleplaying game that my friends in california had created.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 04:51:24 pm »
I tried getting into D&D once. Didn't work. :/

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 05:01:37 pm »
I've done a bunch of things.

DnD 3.0 - 3.5
BESM (big eyes small mouth. An anime rp)
Over the Edge
Vampire (And other world of darkness)
The starwars D20
The World of Warcraft D20

O___O so much.

I hear ya though, Oishii. It's tough getting into an RP. It feels akward and uncomfortable and you're never sure what to do or if you're doing the right thing. I'm thinking of maybe trying to DM a small group during Kumoricon if anyone interested. Or heck, maybe I can DM a small group on the forums themselves! I was in something a long while ago, which was a forum based RP and it was pretty cool. I'd love to adventure with some people if they'd like!

Let me know!
'My complete disbelief in this reality is the one thing keeping me from going insane' - old motto

'My old motto has failed me! Reality intrudes! Prepare for insanity!' -new motto

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 05:16:56 pm »
I attended our school's D&D club a few times. I remember filling out a sheet to make a character (mine ended up being a druid named Soren), and looking at the giant picture book. A lot of dice rolling.
Maybe it just isn't my thing? I like watching others play it sometimes.

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 05:24:33 pm »
Your school has a DnD club? Crazzy!

It may not be your thing. It isn't for everyone

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 11:57:42 pm »
I did D&D for alil while but being a jock and doing that does not really work out that and yeah I did not get into it too much....
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 08:24:50 am »
I've been running a Vampire the Masquerade table top game for about 7 years. It's based on the LARP in Eugene I played in for 2 years, which was based on a 5 year old LARP that my old Storyteller played in Monterrey California.

I'm also running a D&D game opposite the Vampire game. I currently play in a D&D game, a GURPS space game (based on the book Mutineer's Moon), and an Exalted game. Soon we might be playing a Beyond the Supernatural 2nd Ed game!

Also I am actually in a forum based RPG in the forums of the webcomic Weregeek. I'd love to join another but I can't get online enough nowadays to have that luxury. I would be glad to poke in and help though.

In the past I have played  BESM, AD&D and D&D 3.0/3.5 in all sorts of settings (including Dragonlance, Eberron and Ravenloft), Rifts in all sorts of dimensions, Palladium Fantasy, System Failure, Beyond the Supernatural, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, Aerotech (yes, we roleplayed beyond just the battles, it was funny), Vampire the Masquerade, Vampire Dark Ages, Mage the Ascension, the New World of Darkness (as mortal investigators), Robotech, TMNT and other Strangeness, Heroes Unlimited, West End Games' version of Star Wars, and a few failed home brew systems.

*pause for breath*

I have personally run Heroes Unlimited, Rifts, Star Wars d6, Vampire the Masquerade, Changeling the Dreaming, Werewolf the Appocalypse, Mage the Ascension, and even a little Harry Potter game that was loosely attached to the MAge the Ascension system.

I am way more of a gamer than an Otaku and as much time as I spend thinking about the convention and Pocky club, I spend twice that on my RPGs.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:17:55 am »
Well if anybody has a game going on that has an open spot I would love to come and play.  I'm always open for a new game.  Its been a while I will have to dust off my dice  :P

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 12:52:17 pm »
Jesus Tom! That's quite a Resume, hehe! A 7 year old vampire campaign eh? That sounds interesting. The Vampire I was in barely lasted a month, so there wasn't much time for progression. Is everyone crazy strong now?

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 04:17:47 am »
I resemble that remark!  :roll:  Played forever in high school forever, but thankfully found a good group this last year to finally try my hands out at 3rd. But even I don't have Tom's dedication!

Played tons and playing many...
Ravenloft
Rifts
CyberPunk
Top Secret
BESM aka Big Eyes, Small Mouth ( oh yes, anime rocks!)
Avalon
Anything to do with Forgotten Realms
Shadowrun
Erotic Fantasy (yup you heard me, err read)
Eberron
Tons of well thrown togethers with friends, you know little of this, lot of that
Dune
(Want to try Star Wars)

..........ECT ECT ECT
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 09:55:01 am »
Quote from: "Greyman"
Jesus Tom! That's quite a Resume, hehe! A 7 year old vampire campaign eh? That sounds interesting. The Vampire I was in barely lasted a month, so there wasn't much time for progression. Is everyone crazy strong now?

Well, there's one player character that's been alive this whole time and has earned over 200 experience points and spent most of them. The other characters from the original coterie have either died or the players left and the characters are now NPCs.

The funniest thing about my game is that things progress so slowly in combat that we're very lucky if our sessions (which are every other week) get through one day of game time.

The in character date of the game is June 21st, 2001
XD
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 02:16:33 pm »
Oh, I hear ya tom. My Over the Edge campaigne I'm in has gone through.... probably a week and a half in game time. We've probably played every week for 7ish months.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 03:28:31 pm »
The last time I roleplayed was at Sakura-con.  Before that, it had been 8 years or so.  I have a couple sets of dice, but I don't use them for roleplaying.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Table top roleplay!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 05:39:54 pm »
What else do you the oddly sided dice for?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Table top roleplay!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 10:23:14 am »
Well, they help me decide names and outcomes for stories that I write, stuff like that.  This is gonna sound silly, but the last time I used them was to help me decide who I wanted to draft in my Madden '07 game.

I tried to create some profiles for BESM, but since it had been so long since I had done it, I wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 10:39:05 am »
The poor d12 and the giant d30 get used like that. We never use them for stuff in game but if we need to decide a birthday then we roll for month and then for day.

Just for fun I bought Vallie a 16 sided die for her birthday awhile back. I think I'll get her the 24 sider next.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 10:41:22 am »
16 & 24?  I don't think I've ever seen those before.  Or a 30, for that matter.

I have some 4s, 8s, 10s, 12s, & 20's, not to forget about a lot of 6's.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 10:50:12 am »
I think everybody has a d6 somewhere in the house  ;D, even if they don't have any boardgames. Those things get everywhere.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 05:05:39 pm »
I have tons of those little d6's. I bought a brick of em, for shadowrun.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 05:33:04 pm »

I knew it!
The only other reason people by the d6 bricks is if they're playing warhammer. And you had money for movie tickets!

Man, It would be so awesome if the Ghost in the Shell guys made a Shadowrun movie.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 06:05:18 pm »
Man, It would be so awesome if the Ghost in the Shell guys made a Shadowrun movie.

MAN! That would be so awesome O__O

I hear theyre making a shadowrun MMO. I remain cautiously optimistic

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 06:58:12 pm »
So Tom, after you described it I think that i'm going to start a CORPS game. Once my new Debit card arrives in the mail I'll buy a set of the books off of Ebay, and it will be good to go!

O RLY?

That sounds pretty cool. I hope your friends are ready for dying!
They just need to remember that if a vehicle is painted black, then the people inside are going to kill them.
That is ALWAYS true.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!