Author Topic: Costume's You'd like to see in Pocky Club  (Read 8542 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Costume's You'd like to see in Pocky Club
« on: June 06, 2007, 05:58:03 pm »
I'm going to be working on Pocky Club's next newsletter this weekend. In it I'll be checking on what character people will be cosplaying at the next convention.

I know that we've got some Ouran people, a few from Bleach, a Sumomo and a Gendo Ikari... but who do you guys want?

There's a lot of people out there willing to help without joining the club and if I'm going to conscript them into helping the sooner I know the better! Pocky Club cosplay Delivery personel will be delivering Pocky (and aybe some glomps if you're nice) during the convention and we want to make sure they're dressed as a character you like when they deliver to you! There's a few characters we know there's demand for and I'm going to be looking for but let me know if I miss one.

I'm currently looking for:
InuYasha and Sesshoumaru (got one!)
Sephiroth (got one!)
Aeris
Sasuke and Sakura from Naruto
Rock Lee from Naruto
Chun Li from Street Fighter
Ed and Al Elric
Roy Mustang from FMA
Greed, Lust, Wrath  (got one!)
Asuka Langley Soryu
Rei Ayanami
Vash and Wolfwood from Trigun

Chris Vance

Belldandy, Skuld and Urd from Ah! My Goddess
Sailor Mars
Light and L from Death Note  (got both!)
Alucard from Hellsing
Zelgadis and Lina Inverse
All Gundam Wing Pilots
Lady Une from Gundam Wing
Sailor Mercury
Chii
....And we can never have too many catgirls!

Keep in mind we do have a couple of these from previous cons but a lot of people want to wear new costumes each year and don't want to have to change outfits 5 times a day!

If you would be willing to help, or have a character you'd love to see on the Club's roster then post it here!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 01:22:33 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:19:50 am »
i could always be a catgirl in a schoolgirl uniform to help~ buuuut i would have funny looking purple hair so maybe with my wig....
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 03:10:02 pm »
Heck if you want to JOIN Pocky Club that'd be great too!
I was just trying to figure out who else we would need.

Send pockyclub@gmail.com an email if you'd like to join our ranks.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Costume's You'd like to see in Pocky Club
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 11:19:15 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
I'm going to be working on Pocky Club's next newsletter this weekend. In it I'll be checking on what character people will be cosplaying at the next convention.
Chris Vance

my chris says he can try to go as chris vance but doens't think he can pull off cosplaying a big black man
tho he is just as cute!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:17:48 am »
wow, I'd love to be glomped by Urd!
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 01:23:52 pm »
I've got a big list of costumes for this year and I'm really excited, I can't wait to see the costumes people bring!

Let me know if you'd like to help no matter what your costume is, you don't even have to join the Club if you don't want.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 01:38:17 pm »
Well I don't have cat ears but if someone can lend me a pair of cat ears I can double as a cat girl *shrugs*

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 01:43:46 pm »
Well I don't have cat ears but if someone can lend me a pair of cat ears I can double as a cat girl *shrugs*

Heh heh, Pocky Club's Booth is right next to the Cat Ear table. I'm pretty sure you can get whatever kind you'd like.  ;D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 04:33:50 pm »

Heh heh, Pocky Club's Booth is right next to the Cat Ear table. I'm pretty sure you can get whatever kind you'd like.  ;D

Yay!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 02:46:34 am »
I saw Chi at the bottom of the list, and I'm thinking about going as her for at least one of the days.  I'd love to help if help is still needed.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 09:36:49 am »
Well if you'd like to help out without full on joining the club, just stop by our panel Saturday night and we'll swap contact information. ;D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 06:23:03 pm »
Well if you'd like to help out without full on joining the club, just stop by our panel Saturday night and we'll swap contact information. ;D

It's not that I don't want to join the pocky club (I love pocky), but I'm from the north seattle area, so I don't think I can make to any of the meetings.  If that's okay, I'd love to join the club (^_^)/

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 11:10:57 pm »
I don't think he'd have problems with that..he's always talking about how Pocky Club needs members at Sakura-con :P
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 11:20:19 pm »
Im not quite sure, but my friend and I are interested  ^^ Our characters arent on the list,but were going as Sora and Riku from Kingdom Hearts 2. Its our first con,and we really want to be involved with something! (plus, we love Pocky,so naturally we gravitated toward this thread) haha
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 11:28:58 pm »
of course you know I want to see

Velma from Scooby Doo
Myrtle from Harry Potter
Yokimo Readmon From Read or Die

And more Women and less girls

And I'll bring a note from my Physicians Assistant that due to my stroke leg if I'm glomped it has to be from 2 or more directions at once or else i'll fall over
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 11:35:09 am »

It's not that I don't want to join the pocky club (I love pocky), but I'm from the north Seattle area, so I don't think I can make to any of the meetings.  If that's okay, I'd love to join the club (^_^)/

Trumby is right Aurora, it doesn't matter if you're out of town. I've got a couple of members in California and a bunch scattered across Oregon and Washington. The meetings are for those of us in Portland to practice and hang out and learn about the hotel and con stuff. The more they know about the club the more that people who are from out of town can learn from them so I can do other stuff at some point during the con.  ;)

I'm waiting to see what kind of turn out we can get at the Mini-con since a lot of people took the delivery forms at the July meeting. Pocky Club might be busy next Saturday!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 12:20:16 pm »
I may be interested in helping out. Does it last through the whole con, all day, everyday? And if we volunteer, do we have to stay for a whole day, or can we do other things then come back (or don't come back...)?

I'm cosplaying Hayner with the Sora and Riku who already posted here. I'm also TK/Takeru from Digimon and Kaku from One Piece on the other two days.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 05:31:47 pm »
I'm cosplaying Hayner with the Sora and Riku who already posted here. I'm also TK/Takeru from Digimon and Kaku from One Piece on the other two days.

Oooh, KH and One Piece!

Most of your "work" delivering Pocky is done on Sunday with a couple of hard to find people getting theirs on Monday. Deliveries are assigned by costume mostly and once you done all your deliveries your completely done!

I do ask that if you're interested you come by the Pocky Club Panel on Saturday night or drop off your cell phone number with someone at our booth so we can call you Sunday morning.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 05:37:39 pm »
I'd be willing to help as well as long as I don't have to glomp anyone. It'd be terribly out of character for Chika-kun to hug anyone anyways. XD

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 07:51:41 pm »

Most of your "work" delivering Pocky is done on Sunday with a couple of hard to find people getting theirs on Monday. Deliveries are assigned by costume mostly and once you done all your deliveries your completely done!

I do ask that if you're interested you come by the Pocky Club Panel on Saturday night or drop off your cell phone number with someone at our booth so we can call you Sunday morning.

So,if on Sunday you have a morning photoshoot, would you stop by the booth before the shoot,and just come back afterwards,or would you just check in after it?

Also, if we have anymore questions or something,will you be at the Mini-con? Im new to this,and really dont know quite how it works yet,haha. So sorry if Im asking too many questions XP
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 08:35:24 pm »

Oooh, KH and One Piece!

If it's on Sunday, I'll be in my Hayner costume, but I might have my TK costuem with me. If you want some Kaku deliveries, though, I can bring that costume, too. ^^ I'll hopefully be at the minicon with Hashi, so we can ask more questions. XD;;

So, to clarify since I've never done this, do people choose a character to deliver pocky, then that cosplayer is given their list to deliver? So how many you have to deliver depends on how popular you are, right?
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 09:48:37 pm »
You guys rock!

OK if you have a photoshoot to be at we'll have someone there already. Pocky club is taking care of the hall cosplay contest this year and that means we use the con's camera for our pictures. WIN!

Stopping by before or after the photoshoot is fine. the vendors hall opens at 10 so it's a very valid question.

I will be at the minicon. I have been at every meeting this year and am hoping to have a table at the minicon so that pocky club can practice.

No to answer another post, nobody is guaranteed a glomp when we deliver them Pocky. It's just something that the delivery agent might do if they feel like it. So don't worry about that when you're trying to decide what to do and whether it's in character.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 09:55:03 pm »
You guys rock!

OK if you have a photoshoot to be at we'll have someone there already. Pocky club is taking care of the hall cosplay contest this year and that means we use the con's camera for our pictures. WIN!

Stopping by before or after the photoshoot is fine. the vendors hall opens at 10 so it's a very valid question.

I will be at the minicon. I have been at every meeting this year and am hoping to have a table at the minicon so that pocky club can practice.

Ah! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me ^^

So,I guess I (and Hayner) will see you at the Mini-con! Oh, but my costume most likely wont be fully finished in time for the mini-con, is it important I bring it?
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 10:35:52 pm »
Pocky club is taking care of the hall cosplay contest this year and that means we use the con's camera for our pictures. WIN!

SRSLY TOM!? *_______* [sparkly eyes]

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 08:03:49 am »

YA RLY.

We actually got to use their camera last year but Brenda still has all those pictures. >_< So this year I'm going to make sure I have a computer down at the booth that ALL of us can use to put our pictures on the computer and then have free space on our camera.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 09:54:59 am »
You guys rock!

Ah! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me ^^

So,I guess I (and Hayner) will see you at the Mini-con! Oh, but my costume most likely wont be fully finished in time for the mini-con, is it important I bring it?

I won't be in my Hayner costume at the minicon, but I will be Duo from Gundam Wing! XD I won't be Duo at the real con though. Sorry. ^^;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 01:24:04 am »

It's not that I don't want to join the pocky club (I love pocky), but I'm from the north Seattle area, so I don't think I can make to any of the meetings.  If that's okay, I'd love to join the club (^_^)/

Trumby is right Aurora, it doesn't matter if you're out of town. I've got a couple of members in California and a bunch scattered across Oregon and Washington. The meetings are for those of us in Portland to practice and hang out and learn about the hotel and con stuff. The more they know about the club the more that people who are from out of town can learn from them so I can do other stuff at some point during the con.  ;)

I'm waiting to see what kind of turn out we can get at the Mini-con since a lot of people took the delivery forms at the July meeting. Pocky Club might be busy next Saturday!

Cool then, how can I join?  Or should I just drop by the booth on Saturday?

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 11:43:42 am »

YA RLY.

We actually got to use their camera last year but Brenda still has all those pictures. >_< So this year I'm going to make sure I have a computer down at the booth that ALL of us can use to put our pictures on the computer and then have free space on our camera.

So if there's one camera, how are we gonna go around sharing it?

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Janice

• Cabbit
    • http://aleyed.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 12:10:54 pm »
I don't know how high in demand these would be but I have two costumes that are kind of well-known/popular.  My Sailor Uranus cosplay (and I'm sure my Sailor Neptune friend wouldn't mind helping for some orders *wink*) and my Hermione Granger from Harry Potter costume.  I would love to deliver pocky in either of these, and I'm bringing them both :) 

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 05:01:52 pm »
OMG yay!

Anyone who would like to officially join please feel free to email me at pockyclub@gmail.com
and I'll send you our latest newsletter. I'm working on a cosplay list for our website and a master list for me to have at the convention. I think if we get all of our costumes finished then we'll have everyone we need.

I got a couple more pieces for my costume and I can jury rig the other bits later. I'm so happy to see such interest. We even had someone from cosplay.com randomly email me about the club the other day!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 11:53:18 pm »
1. Sumomo from Chobits?!  :o I wantsa *glomp*.  :-\

2. What exactly does joining the Pocky Club entail? I love Pocky, but I don't have my license yet and I live in Battle Ground.. which.. isn't exactly full of like minded individuals. :(

3. Things are better in threes, don't you agree?

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 08:36:53 am »
1. Well you might get one if you're a good boy and have good friends at the convention.

2. Joining Pocky Club means you get the newsletter, help us with stuff at the convention (deliveries, clipboarding, entertaining people during the panel, manning the booth, donating Pocky) and coming to a meeting now and then if you can make it (no car in Battleground, I understand if you can't get around as easy). You don't even have to cosplay to be in the Club, but it sure helps!

3. Generally, yes. I especially like to eat Pocky 3 at a time. Once I get a few boxes of the milk Pocky I'm going to eat a milk, strawberry, and choco stick at the same time to have NEOPOLITAN POCKY!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 02:04:32 pm »
So, Tom, just so you know, I'll be dressed as Hayner from KHII and Haku from Naruto on Sunday, and then Kaku from One Piece on Monday. I don't think I can do any deliveries as TK from Digimon cuz I just won't have the time to change. @~@

Oh, and how exactly will pocky club work at a con of 3000+ people? XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 02:34:42 pm »

The same way it works at every Kumoricon pinky, we'll try and take over the world!

I mean.... uh....

"Like a well oiled machine."
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2007, 02:42:56 pm »

The same way it works at every Kumoricon pinky, we'll try and take over the world!

I mean.... uh....

"Like a well oiled machine."

...right... Will there at least be an option on the form that says where the person might be? Or do we just have to search the entire con?
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Zather

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 04:02:09 pm »
i can help, im going as Vincent Valentine.. if you want me to i can probly go put some cat ears on as well.. would look interesting  ;)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2007, 09:05:48 pm »
"Where the person will be" is one of the top parts on the form, right there with"What do they look like", "What's their name", and just before "What is the best way we can get a hold of you if we can't find them?"

Zather, I'm very glad to hear you're interested. Be sure to stop by our booth in the vendor room or give one of our roving clipboarders your cell phone number so we can call you if we get any requests for Vincent!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2007, 09:17:41 pm »
If you ask really nice, and my wig gets here in time, I might be willing to be Heero from Gundam Wing.

Offline Yukina Blue

• Cabbit
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007, 09:45:05 pm »
I can Reno for ya....
If you want...
Please keep your signature within a reasonable size.

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 02:18:48 pm »
I cosplay as Edward Elric. I dont really know how the pocky club works, but PM me and let me know if you want me to try and help. Im not particularly busy this kumoricon,

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 06:27:31 pm »
We can always use FMA delivery staff.

Basically if you are asked to make deliveries we give you a box of Pocky and help find the person for you. Then you suprise them with a box of Pocky and a message from your friend. Glomping is up to you but it's encourage because it's more in keeping with the spirit of the system.

I understand if you aren't available though. I saw how frustrated you were with the photoshoots.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!