Author Topic: Ebay/Paypal experts needed  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Ebay/Paypal experts needed
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:35:25 pm »
So I've been using paypal for years an now it's asking for me to upgrade or something or other that requires a 3-5 business day wait to go check and look for a four digit code on my bank statement.
Well this guy asked for right away payment and I can't wait 5 days to pay otherwise I'll loose my item. He accepts money orders though, but how safe are those?

What happens if he takes the money and pretends he never got it and doesnt send the item? Is there anyway to protect yourself against that like paypal would for you?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Re: Ebay/Paypal experts needed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:01:12 am »
You shouldn't need to upgrade your account unless you tried to do that specifically. I just went to my account and am seeing nothing of the sort...plus I just used mine yesterday night. First thing I would check your paypal again and see if maybe you clicked a wrong link or something.

As for mail orders..it is harder to get the money back with those but it's possible. The biggest thing you really want to look at is his feedback on ebay.

All you need to know about money orders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_order
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Re: Ebay/Paypal experts needed
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 09:41:53 am »
Thanks ^^

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012