Author Topic: Hey Look! Another cosplay trouble topic! :D!  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
    • Bundyangel15's Deviantart
Hey Look! Another cosplay trouble topic! :D!
« on: December 07, 2007, 07:58:26 pm »
heeeey, the title amuses me XD

Moving on!

okay so, i consider myself a complete cosplay noobcake, even though i made my costume last year.

namine from KH2 is not that hard to do, i dont consider it anything to flaunt around about.

anyway. I need LOTS of advice and stuff from you all for what i should/can do for next year at Kumoricon

I still am considering alot of cosplays but these are the ones im absoluetly positive on.

Temari from Naruto her second genin outfit

Twilight Princess Midna

there is room for one other costume for me to possibly do, but i am still thinking about it.

Namine (again)
Nabooru
Movie one Sakura Haruno
CoCo from MMPPP
Appa from Avatar

If you know me im not exactly the slimest person in the world. I want to do a good cosplay and so i need to get into shape and lose weight. So i guess these are my questions

How would I make TP Midna's outfit?

What should i look at for a budget?

Which character from the list should i do for my 3rd one?

What should i do daily to help slim down?

and do you have any tips for me to do to lose weight?

I thank you all for any help i can get, and i'll take all of your opinions into consideration. :D
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Re: Hey Look! Another cosplay trouble topic! :D!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:40:23 pm »
I dunno much about the budget, or ideas for costume, but as far as losing weight, there are a number of things you could try. this is just what i did.

the first thing to do is cut out anything with an excess of sugar in it, so soda candy and sweets in general. also cut back on eating carbs. as far as how much you're eating, only eat when you are hungry(having an appetite doesn't constitute hunger), and when you eat, cut your portion down to no more than what can fit in your hand. drink lots of water. on any non work out day, drink about 3 litres of water. for workout days, between 4 and 5 litres

for excercise, work on cardio, and toning. make sure that your work out sessions are no less than an hour. 10 minute warm up 40 min work out 10 min cool down.

i followed this for 2½ months. i ended up losing 30 lbs.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 11:41:27 pm »
I dunno much about the budget, or ideas for costume, but as far as losing weight, there are a number of things you could try. this is just what i did.

the first thing to do is cut out anything with an excess of sugar in it, so soda candy and sweets in general. also cut back on eating carbs. as far as how much you're eating, only eat when you are hungry(having an appetite doesn't constitute hunger), and when you eat, cut your portion down to no more than what can fit in your hand. drink lots of water. on any non work out day, drink about 3 litres of water. for workout days, between 4 and 5 litres

for excercise, work on cardio, and toning. make sure that your work out sessions are no less than an hour. 10 minute warm up 40 min work out 10 min cool down.

i followed this for 2½ months. i ended up losing 30 lbs.

Thats so helpful! Thank you so much! I'll try that.

Those seem like really good tips to follow! >w<
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 11:21:52 pm »
no really. seriously I need help here guys.

If youve got anything throw it my way,

whats the best kind of body paint, what kind of material you would suggest, price ranges, exercise regimines, good wig sites/brands, where to get contacts, and what its like to wear contacts(cause ive never worn a pair before). any little nutrition fact you can think of.

let me know.

The more information the better. cause i dont have ANY idea how to go about doing this..

Im starting to wonder if maybe i should look for information like this in another forum, i just cant seem to find the right one.
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 07:32:37 pm »
Well, I'm not sure if it'll help but for the Princess cosplay, it seems fairly easy to do if you have some background with sewing. You could make the entire thing yourself or be lazy and buy it off ebay. Designs on the clothing might be hard to find or use a design and just iron it on with the iron-on paper. I can't tell either if the sleeves on the robe is connected with it or seperate like regular sleeves. For the Shirt, It think, on the inside it might be better if you connect it together with the "Sleeves". Unless you might think it's to hot, than make them seperate. For the skirt I wouldn't just have a cloth there but maybe a long skirt that has a long slit on the side. I don't know how else to help you. But I hope it was useful.