Author Topic: Fabric Depot - Cosplay Shopping Trip!!!!  (Read 5457 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Fabric Depot - Cosplay Shopping Trip!!!!
« on: December 26, 2007, 01:49:19 pm »
Fabric Depot has a big sale on New Year's Day. A lot of the fabric and supplies will be near half off, so this is a good time to get going on future cosplay. I figured we could do a meet up and share some ideas.

Fabric Depot is a huge fabric store, located on 122nd Ave. in Gresham.

I'll be going that way on January 1st AND with superjaz and gemineye on January 5th to catch the first weekend sale. I'm open to suggestions on the time, as I have both days off.

Anyone who'd like to join, please let me know. If we're really organized, we can get foodz along the way, and make a day of it :) It should be fun.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Angel_of_Music

• Cabbit
Re: Fabric Depot - Cosplay Shopping Trip!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 04:29:10 pm »
Holy Canola!!!! That's right by my house. :-D I'm not really good with a needle and thread....bah!!! However I really need a bright pink jumpsuit for my costume....AHHH! What to do.......
Kumoricon 2008 Hopeful:

Kyoko Mogami - Skip Beat

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:54:34 pm »
I bet if you come, you might meet someone who can sew... :D
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 06:37:06 pm »
argh! I just agreed to work on new years.....maybe if I get off early enough....or at least try the 5th...?

is it near the max line?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 01:29:45 am »
I want to go, but my group won't even have had it's first meeting yet... A few of us already know what we're going as, so I think we'll try to go, but we'll see.

Fabric Depot is a street up from the max... Tech. it's two lights, but it's really close. Stark.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline Angel_of_Music

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 12:14:53 pm »
I think I'll be able to make it. :-D Yeah! I'm really excited! Let's make it sometime in the afternoon...some of us will be extremely tired from New Years. The closest food place I know is the Burgerville that is adjacent to Fabric Depot.

Side note: Does anyone know where to pick up layouts for costumes? I really just wanted to buy a jumpsuit but I think finding a hot pink one will be next to impossible. Looks like I'll have to make one. >_< Yarg! :-D

EcchiSpice, I'm quite clueless when it comes to sewing, measuring and knowing how much fabric to buy. I hope it won't be too much of a bother if I come. I'm willing to learn so I look forward to meeting you. :)
Kumoricon 2008 Hopeful:

Kyoko Mogami - Skip Beat

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 04:02:25 pm »
I want to go, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

^^; I also need to learn how to sew...
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 05:16:15 pm »
i might be able to come on the 1st cuz we will probably be stayin  over at leasys that night and its on the way home
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 08:47:16 pm »
I think I might be able to get more people to come... I just need to know what time.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 10:26:22 pm »
there is always the trial and error method of learning to sew!! =P  *is learning thru such a method for the most part*

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 09:02:53 am »
Okay, let's plan to meet around 2 PM. That will give us time to sleep and such. We can eat at 5ish.

@Angel- I'm happy to share what I know about sewing, though I'm still learning myself. Also, the people at Fabric Depot are really helpful when you are learning, and are extremely knowledgable.

I know! I will post my Powerpoint on how to make homemade patterns. I use it to teach people at cons. Will that help?

@Jaz- Gus and I are planning on going to Leashy's too, but I'm not sure if we are staying overnight. If so, we can head over together. :D

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 10:40:47 am »
Also, Fabric Depot has tons of patterns that you can mix and match to find what you need.

I know how to sew by hand, but I can't even tread a machine... I'm learning though, which is a good thing, since I will most likely be put in charge of making all of the cosplays for my group, and we have, possibly, over 20 people.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 12:34:03 pm »
Fabric Depot has a big sale on New Year's Day. A lot of the fabric and supplies will be near half off, so this is a good time to get going on future cosplay. I figured we could do a meet up and share some ideas.

Fabric Depot is a huge fabric store, located on 122nd Ave. in Gresham.

I'll be going that way on January 1st AND with superjaz and gemineye on January 5th to catch the first weekend sale. I'm open to suggestions on the time, as I have both days off.

Anyone who'd like to join, please let me know. If we're really organized, we can get foodz along the way, and make a day of it :) It should be fun.

122nd is still portland. you're talking 122nd and stark?? yeah bought my fabric there
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 12:24:41 am »
I won't be able to make it til about maybe 3 at the earliest unless I get a ride as I working til 1pm at washington square.

Offline Angel_of_Music

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 06:02:23 pm »
Spice!!! That would be awesome!!! Thank you so much for your willingness and help. :) It's very much appreciated. I hope to see you and everyone else around 2....since I've never met you guys before...how will I be able to recognize you guys?? I'm sure it probably won't be hard. I'll do my best to find you all. :)
Kumoricon 2008 Hopeful:

Kyoko Mogami - Skip Beat

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 03:55:02 pm »
=_=; I was sleeping until 2:00 pm today...
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 04:17:43 pm »
I didn't get up until really late too, since I missed it... hehehe Next Saturday I'm going to have my neice, so I might be stopping by to find stuff for her cosplay...

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 02:29:52 pm »
We'll be meeting tomorrow at 2pm again. I will wear my K-Con staff shirt so you can find me. It's lobster red.

*needs to post powerpoint...*

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 08:47:33 am »
So, this went really well, despite the fact I was the only one there on Saturday...it was a MADHOUSE. The lines for cutting were really long. I'm glad to see people are still this interested in making their own stuff, and a lot were younger, too.

I got a new dressform, HALF OFF! But they were sold out, so it's on backorder...grrrr....

Anyway, Fabric Depot does this 40% off fabric thing once a month, on the first weekend. So anyone who is still wanting fabric, you still have chances at good deals. You might have to wait for Christmas for the dressforms. I TOTALLY recommend buying one if you are planning on making a lot of cosplay.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 10:31:38 pm »
this reminds me i need one of those manniquinnenfdnsdklrhr's for sowing, it'd be sooo much easier and better looking
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")