Author Topic: sometimes you just sigh  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
sometimes you just sigh
« on: February 08, 2008, 04:36:24 pm »
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5791/paperth6.jpg

What the **** is wrong with girls today?! This is just an example of the typical females I've run into. Is it so hard to understand the meaning of work and the importance of education?

WTB intelligent females  :'(

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Re: sometimes you just sigh
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 04:45:37 pm »
Can't say I know.  ???

Trust me, all females aren't like that.

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 04:48:48 pm »
 wow. i'm impressed. i think i've just witnessed a new level of stupid. i mean c'mon, i'm 13 and i know the importance of a good education! but of course i'm also determined to conquer the stupid that was passed down from sibling to sibling! they all made some stupid mistake and out of 8, so far my mom says i've had the best start on life. i'm the last one. my mom wants me to not screw up my life. exact quote. no pressure!
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 04:52:15 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII

Lets make this thread a the wall of shame for stupids.

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 04:56:23 pm »
OMG!!! i could slap her! and the people who can't find the u.s. on a map. even i can do that.
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 05:19:25 pm »
Daxe, as you get older, you'll recognize that your generation didn't invent stupid behavior.  People are people.  They're pretty much the same now as they ever were, rather it's your individual perception that changes.  When you're young, you look up to everyone and think they're all wonderful and wise.  With adolescence comes the realization that this is not true.  See Catcher in the Rye.

Later, you'll hear people younger than you lamenting how stupid people have become.  Then you'll realize that this is what every generation says about those which come after it. 

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:37:18 pm »
Im not that young. Ive read catcher in the rye, I actually hated that book. I wont get into that, but you do make a good observation. What you say is true, as it is that with age comes experience. However I dont just believe that the generation after me is stupid, I believe strongly that my generation and the generation that came before me is also chocked full of stupids. I work around a ton of people your age and older. Walking through the hallways all I hear are people complaining about who said what and whos **** who. I guess some people never got out of highschool.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:39:35 pm »
I think we can all agree that there WILL be not-so-smart people, always. However, let's just ignore them and go on our own merry ways.  ;D

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 06:16:41 pm »
On second thought, I'm starting to think that OP's link was meant to be satirical. 

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:48:29 pm »
Gold diggers. 'nuff said.

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 09:23:10 pm »
Gold Digger sounds too nice.

Waste of flesh, Leach, bad parent, pathetic... I can't seem to think of something proper.  None of them quite capture my disgust, and utter rejection of their forsaken right of existence.

Possibly, with all of the above framing in mind, the word sheep, or some other livestock, might fit.

Is there any hope for them changing, learning, at all?  I really hope so.  Though I dread the drain on our economy and the cost of that lesson.  There must be a better way of discouraging such decisions.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 02:20:23 pm »
Oh........
Dear.....
Gawd....

Everyone, I'm going to start a donation collection.  The goal is to get her IQ higher than 10.

And don't let that article represent women or girls.  Every girl I know would be more than willing to repeatedly knock some actual sense into that girl.

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 07:24:08 pm »
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5791/paperth6.jpg

What the **** is wrong with girls today?! This is just an example of the typical females I've run into.

A few seconds of googling reveals examples of male stupidity that make this girl look like Steven Hawking. 

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 10:32:18 pm »
You guys have never heard the term Trophy Wife? My ex thought she was one. I did not know that beforehand. sigh

But really, I don't think that not having to hold down two incomes is a bad thing. I think being a sponge and having no goals other than to shop be bad. If you have all that time, go help someone who needs help. Don't just show your ability to waste your significant other's income.
Have Fun

Jay

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 10:35:21 pm »
Shh, Jay, don't let xxRikuxx hear you say that!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 04:24:31 am »
first off I agree with jaybug on this one... but what she is spouting off is the idea that would have worked over 100 years ago or more...

to the miss carolina all I can say is... Oh sweet gawd what has happened.... and negima I think if we all pitched in a IQ point or two we could actually get her into the positive number of IQ points cause I swear I think I lost atleast 10 just watching that...
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 02:14:13 pm »
Shh, Jay, don't let xxRikuxx hear you say that!

burn...

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 03:47:18 pm »

Hmm a girl  says some stupid BS about school being unimportant.  A guy reads it in the newspaper and decides that its 'typical female' mentality.  Sounds like theyre on a level playing field to me.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:49:57 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 05:30:12 pm »
I backed it up with more evidence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII

The post was about college being important not highschool. RTFA

Jerk

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 10:39:44 pm »
Hmm a girl  says some stupid BS about school being unimportant.  A guy reads it in the newspaper and decides that its 'typical female' mentality.  Sounds like theyre on a level playing field to me.
Well, you may be onto something, regarding unfounded generalizations.  People do tend to filter their information to confirm their pre-existing stereotypes.  With so many people running around on the earth, it's somewhat inevitable that there will be some portion of them who are disposed to do and say very silly things.  Making any further inferences is probably not a good idea. 

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 05:41:57 pm »
Anyone ever hear of Nicole Brown Simpson? Ivana Trump? Marla Maples? Every congressman elected, who is male? Bill Gates' mom? Although she was president of the Red Cross at one time, and basically this is how Microsoft got its start. She may not have had a "job" but she wasn't sitting on her Chesterfield either.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 07:15:40 am »
Stupid people? On the internets?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:52:08 am by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 12:58:57 am »
Sorry, I'm not clicking on that... some things are worse then 'Pics from the Internet that Scarred me for Life' (at least after the first few scarings you tend to grow a thick enough scab to not feel them nearly so much.).

These are just more reasons we need to exist, to be active in promoting and encouraging new and different ideas and forms of expression.  Hopefully through things as entertaining as the best Anime and Manga have to offer, we can wake others up, as they learn from the modern moral tales.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 06:11:14 pm »
My mother calls it the Bimbo culture.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 06:43:46 pm »
Well, needless to say... that girl has a HARD life ahead of her. Either that or some sucker will give into her. UGH, why do people fall for these types anyway? I suppose they better be smokin' hot but even that wouldn't cut it for me. Sorry but I enjoy an INTELLECTUAL CONVERSATION every now and then @__@ GAH
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 06:48:05 pm »
UGH, why do people fall for these types anyway?

Um, like attracts like?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 08:14:57 pm »
Cleavage Kills! lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 11:43:57 pm »
There are alot of things wrong with our society, least of all (or because of them) stupid people.