Author Topic: NPR to do a story on The Slants/Kumoricon & needs fans to interview for it...  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
This morning, I got word from our contact at Oregon Public Broadcasting that NPR was interested in doing a story on The Slants! It's going to be an expanded version of the story you heard before (The Slants Bring Out the Sound of Chinatown) with more songs, more cuts of the interview with Aron and myself, and interviews with some of our fans!

That's where you come in: they are looking for fans who want to be interviewed about what it was like seeing The Slants at Kumoricon for the first time and why you have been following the band so much since then. If you have been following us for a while, even before Kumoricon, you'll be a great candidate. The interview will be broadcasted nationally and we'll get you the program info as soon as we get it ourselves!

So, if you are interested in being a part of this, send an email to theslants@theslants.com with your name, number, what the first Slants' show you saw was, and why you love the band. I'll forward your info to NPR's editor and they should be contacting you shortly!

I say this all the time but....Slants fans are the best fans in the world!

~simon

P.S: If you missed the original broadcast, you can catch it here:

http://news.opb.org/article/slants-bring-out-sound-chinatown/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 08:03:12 am by Simon Young »

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
They can interview me... and I'll tell them how much you guys suck :P.

Lol- no, I'm totally kidding- you guys are great! Though I don't think I'd be very good for the interview 'cause I don't exactly follow you guys around like a creepy stalker.

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
They don't really need stalkers, just fans or people who were at the Kumoricon concert - staff, fans, volunteers, whomever.

~sy

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
I did my interview today during my lunch hour! It was really fun and I enjoyed it!

Awesome, thank you!
Did you go to the OPB studios for it?

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
I did my interview today during my lunch hour! It was really fun and I enjoyed it!

Awesome, thank you!
Did you go to the OPB studios for it?

I wanted too, but my next week is kinda full, so she came to me! She's very nice!
Yeah, April is pretty awesome. I can't wait to hear the completed story on the radio!

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
Just got word from NPR - they have enough fan responses to work with now, thank you!

Be looking for the broadcast soon...I'll post the information on here when they go national to talk about THe Slants and of course, Kumoricon!