Author Topic: The Slayers '08!  (Read 7637 times)

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
The Slayers '08!
« on: January 12, 2008, 05:53:58 pm »
"Hey y'all! I'm going to be cosplaying as Gourry Gabriev and I have a Lina Inverse as well... Are there any other Slayer cosplayers that are going to K-con this year?"
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Re: The Slayers '08!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:15:38 pm »
I might try and reattempt Xellos. Sure is easy enough.... Depends on how much money I plan on spending on my Princess Kakyuu cosplay.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 11:43:39 pm »
omg i love that show/movie/everything!
i would but i can't i have cosplays already
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 04:04:35 pm »
I might try and reattempt Xellos. Sure is easy enough.... Depends on how much money I plan on spending on my Princess Kakyuu cosplay.
"A Xellos, huh? That will be awesome! I hope we run into eachother at the con!" ^__^

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 04:05:42 pm »
omg i love that show/movie/everything!
i would but i can't i have cosplays already
"Aww, that's too bad... Who would you have wanted to go as?"

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 10:15:08 pm »
well i'm tall and brown eyed lina's the only charater in my rangerish but short and Naga the Serpent blue eyed bigger boobed
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 01:12:07 pm »
well i'm tall and brown eyed lina's the only charater in my rangerish but short and Naga the Serpent blue eyed bigger boobed
"Hmm.. That's a toughie.." Thinks real hard.

"Well, there's always OVA Lina?" ^^

"It's nice to know that there are other Slayers fans, though! They seem to be hard to find, for some reason..."

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:32:42 pm »
There's someone here in the forums who's planning on doing Lina &, if I'm not mistaken, she's got a Gourry & a Zelgadis in her group.  I may be wrong; I'll have to double check that.

I've thought about Zel myself, &, even though I've never posted this idea before, I've also thought about Noonsa.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 07:56:59 pm »
Oh yeah. ^_^ Depends though... I've already got three costumes for Kumori-Con. I would much prefer not add too many more. Perhaps I could wear Xellos around for a bit on Thursday...

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 09:45:31 pm »
There's someone here in the forums who's planning on doing Lina &, if I'm not mistaken, she's got a Gourry & a Zelgadis in her group.  I may be wrong; I'll have to double check that.

I've thought about Zel myself, &, even though I've never posted this idea before, I've also thought about Noonsa.
"Really? Wow, I had no idea there were other Slayer cosplayers in the area!" OvO

"Zel is always a cool cosplay... And Noonsa?! Ahaha!" XD

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 12:39:01 pm »
We might have a Naga with us if she follows the abdomen work out I planned for her... She already has the bikini! XD XP I hope she does it will be awesome!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Figle

• Cabbit
    • Olime, Olympia's anime club
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 07:11:42 pm »
!!!! I love slayers! I will have to get a picture with you all!
Real men wear spandex!

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 08:53:10 am »
!!!! I love slayers! I will have to get a picture with you all!

I second that!!! =D (and maybe a few hugs if I can work up enough gusto, haha!)
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline Ramnakua

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 02:54:42 pm »
I can't wait I'm going as Xellos with my friends, one might go as Lina and the other is going as Gourry. I can't wait!!! ^-^ This will be my first Kumoricon!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:56:34 pm by Ramnakua »
Pre-Blind Sollux Captor

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 01:58:44 pm »
Well then in that case, I demand a picture with you!  Though I will be going as Ranma (boy type, I'm a guy), and more than likely Washu from Tenchi Muyo (it's kind of a joke on my forum name).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Ramnakua

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 04:05:24 pm »
Sweet~ ^-^ That would be great. I really can't wait till Kumoricon! >.< ^__^ *feels like a total n00b*
Pre-Blind Sollux Captor

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »
"Ahh, I'm totally excited to the max now! We shall all have a Slayers related glomp hug-a-thon!" ^ o^

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 09:31:40 pm »
If I were to do any it would be Valgaav from Try. I love him so much X3

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 12:45:34 pm »
"That would be really cool - especially with the wings." ^ o^

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 11:45:35 pm »

You might be thinking of me? :D
Yeah, I was going to go as movie OVA Lina Inverse with the red pants and yellow top. I got the wig, cape, gloves, belts, hair bands, earrings, pretty much everything for it but armor and some other stuff. I just ran out of time and money, so I had no choice but to change my plans for this year. (Not having a job doesn't help money, I'm running out from my summer job in 2007 and I need it for college in fall)

I had two friends who were going to go as Xellos and Gourry, and their costumes are about 60% done too, but they ran out of money and time too! T__T

So we decided to wait and be Xellos, Lina and Gourry in 2009. And our Xellos might not even be able to make it anymore for 2008, so that's another reason. (Ramnakua who posted in this thread earlier) So instead this year I'm going as female Ranma. (I wanna picture with you Washougal since we'll bot be Ranma's!)

Makes me sad, I really wanted to do Lina this year with knowing alot of people are going as Slayers chatacters and with the hype of Slayers Revolution and the anniversary DVD releases and all that, but yeah...

I'm looking forward to seeing the other peoples slayers cosplays!! Sorry, but I got to glomp you and take pics with you. And if I'm guessing correctly, I know you, Gourry Gabriev kun, from gaia online right? :D I'm Lina[Inverse] on there. I remember you telling me you were going to Kumoricon as Gourry with a Lina when I said I was going as Lina.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:50:09 pm by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline snafu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 01:11:19 am »
Yay for Slayers!  I will most certainly be on the lookout for you all, armed with a disposable camera.  I once thought of trying to do a Prince Phil cosplay, but never did get around to attempting it.

Still, the thought of yelling 'PACIFIST CRUSH!' when glomping is highly amusing to me.  Anyways, will be looking for you all, as mentioned above.   ;D

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 07:48:26 pm »
I'll be bringing my Lina Inverse (Slayers NEXT version), to be worn until I die from heatstroke! (It was hot at Sakuracon...I'm not looking forward to September ~_~)

it looky like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/aphchan/March292008010.png
and was the most &#$@%#ing complicated cosplay I have ever done.
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 05:35:43 pm »
I hope to see a Slayers photoshoot or meetup when the con arrives! I'm really hoping I can get a Lina x Xelloss pic though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 05:50:05 pm by Manganix78 »

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 11:27:53 pm »
"Well, I better keep my Lina close to me then -  don't want a Xellos or Zelgadis to run off with her!" D<

"I think I asked about a Slayers photoshoot in the forums somewhere, but no one got back to me on that. We'll probably have to set up our own time and do it ourselves I guess... But I would be open for anyday (but not during the Ouran tea party, anime chess, or whenver the anime ice skating event)."

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 11:35:46 pm »
"Well, I better keep my Lina close to me then -  don't want a Xellos or Zelgadis to run off with her!" D<

"I think I asked about a Slayers photoshoot in the forums somewhere, but no one got back to me on that. We'll probably have to set up our own time and do it ourselves I guess... But I would be open for anyday (but not during the Ouran tea party, anime chess, or whenver the anime ice skating event)."

Awww....c'mon! Let a Lina Inverse cosplayer run off with a Xelloss cosplayer! Is it so wrong to fan-couple those two?!

But, anyway, I would be fine with.....either Sunday or Monday in the afternoon(maybe at 1 or 2 o' clock?).

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 11:40:05 pm »
"Monday sounds good to me - I'll have to go check all of the event times, but I don't think anything is going on on monday..." :O

"And I don't mind if a Lina runs off with Xellos, just not my Lina! I am a avid Gourrina fangirl." <3

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 11:48:31 pm »
"Monday sounds good to me - I'll have to go check all of the event times, but I don't think anything is going on on monday..." :O

"And I don't mind if a Lina runs off with Xellos, just not my Lina! I am a avid Gourrina fangirl." <3

I guess I can work with Monday. I just need to know where you guys are going to meet and at what time, etc, etc......

Also, are there any other anime fan-couples that you support?

and I'll be cosplaying as L from Death-Note for both Sunday and Monday.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:50:55 pm by Manganix78 »

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 11:22:59 am »
Awww, I really wish I were going to be making one!  I'm a Slayers fan from way back, and I'm beyond excited about Revolution...but I never really knew what character to cosplay as!  I'm actually thinking I could pull of a cute Amelia.  Back when I first watched it, dubbed, she always really annoyed her, but thanks to the wonders of DVDs I can now enjoy her much-less-annoying japanese voice.  And I think I'd have tons of fun dresses as her.  That said, I know I won't be able to make it for this year, but maybe next year?

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 11:33:08 am »
"That would be awesome - there aren't enough Amelia cosplayers, and she really is a good character! I'm most likely going as Gourry again next year, so I will look forward to seeing you." ^ o ^

"Yup, that's me Kimiski! Same name and everything, I'm not very original, ne?"  ;D

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 02:15:08 pm »
Well, I'll definately plan on it for next year, then!  It would be so much fun, I've always wanted to cosplay someone from Slayers.

Expects lots of glomps, all of you who are cosplaying it this year!

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 05:57:26 pm »
"I can't wait - I haven't really been glomped before!" ^ w ^

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 10:47:11 pm »
Okay, fellow Slayers cosplayers! I just got some information that may raise your interest:

In order for a photoshoot of a particular anime series to even happen, we (the cosplayers and photographers) must all agree on a time, place, and day for the photoshoot to officially be added to the list of daily photoshoots.

If any of you don't understand what I'm talking about, try to attend the bag-stuffing meeting on Saturday and talk to TomtheFanboy (he's the guy who founded the Pocky Club) about this. Personally, I don't understand this either........

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 01:29:18 am »
OK, here's how it is done.

Hey Slayers fans, when do you guys want to get together and take pictures of our Slayers costumes?

That's all. If you don't come up with a time on the forums, it's ok. If you decide on a time at the convention e can just write it on that day's list.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 09:47:06 am »
"Hmm.. Well, I don't know all that's going on, but I think monday would be the best time. All I have going on for monday is cosplay chess at noon, and that will probably last 2 hours at most... What about monday at 2:30? I hope there's nothing going on at that time!"

"But there's also the issue of where? Ettoo..." Scratches head - which is starting to smell like burnt rubber. "Uhh... I think it should be in some kind of park, or something... I don't go downtown enough to know my way around or know what's down there, but if there's some kind of park nearby the DoubleTree, that would be great! (Seeing as how Slayers is always outdoors... Or maybe an Inn like setting would be cool? Hmm, outdoors is more likely)."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:47:46 am by Gourry Gabriev kun »

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 05:47:50 pm »
I just checked the photoshoot schedule and it appears that there is nothing scheduled at that time(2:30 PM), so please try and gather as many Slayers cosplayers as you can for the photoshoot at the park outside!! ^_^

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 08:04:16 pm »
"Great! So... Who else would want to participate in the Slayers photoshoot?" :D

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 06:10:15 am »
Has anyone decided on a time for the Slayers photoshoot yet?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 04:01:38 am »
Tell me when its decided too! I want to come take pictures. Aw, I wish I really could have done Slayers this year now! I want lots of pictures with everyone too, and one with Lina acting all cute like we (Lina and Ranma) are!

And be prepared to get glomped, my whole group is coming with me who is doing slayers cosplay for 09! (My Xellos, Gourry and Amelia) They r slayers nuts like me :3

Can't wait to see your cosplays!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2008, 06:07:32 am »
So far, it looks like there's nothing scheduled for Monday, 2:00 PM, so I believe that would be the best time for the photoshoot to take place in the park outside. Also, try and gather as many more supporters as you can so that the photoshoot can be approved by TomtheFanboy!  ;D

Offline Rukia-chan

• Oni
    • Baka Cosplayers (Come Join Use Anime Lovers!!!)
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 04:02:04 am »
I want to cosplay Lina Inverse soooooo bad!!!, shes my Number 1 Favorite anime character out of the girls and guys, all my friends say I should cosplay her because I'm the same height as her, I dyed my hair black though and I'm a natural redhead and have big brown eyes close enough to red XD, I'm like her in personality too hehe, the problem is I don't know how to make costumes, and I don't know where I could go on line to find the cape of Lina's with the big red balls on her shoulders from the secent Season Slayers Next, I got your picture Taken Gourry with your Lina n__n in the Exhibitor Room, I was the one that asked where you got your Gourry Plushie hehe. I hope this is the Same Gourry or Im  :-[ teehee.

Yea if I get the chance to Cosplay her I would, but would need help with making her costume  :(

Offline Rukia-chan

• Oni
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 04:05:36 am »
I'll be bringing my Lina Inverse (Slayers NEXT version), to be worn until I die from heatstroke! (It was hot at Sakuracon...I'm not looking forward to September ~_~)

it looky like this:

"Who maid your Cape, I want to Cosplay Lina From Slayers Next, but I dont know how to make Costumes @_@

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 06:31:31 am »

it looky like this:

"Who maid your Cape, I want to Cosplay Lina From Slayers Next, but I dont know how to make Costumes @_@

I feel super flattered right now, because *I* made my cape~! It was the first big thing I've ever sewn. ^ - ^~ The collar is a bit messed up, but you can't really tell unless it's in person because the problem is under the shoulder pauldrons(which I also made). I used black suiting material and fairly expensive but lightweight purple for the lining because I wanted it to look preeetty.(and to be able to get rained on a bit, this being Pac NW and all.

The sewing portion of Lina's outfit was pretty straightforward, although I had to make up the pattern for the tunic which was kind of lame(and haphazard) and I bought patterns for the cape and the leggings. Everyone's prepping for Halloween right now so it's a good time to grab costume patterns like capes.
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline Rukia-chan

• Oni
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 03:14:56 pm »

it looky like this:

I feel super flattered right now, because *I* made my cape~! It was the first big thing I've ever sewn. ^ - ^~ The collar is a bit messed up, but you can't really tell unless it's in person because the problem is under the shoulder pauldrons(which I also made). I used black suiting material and fairly expensive but lightweight purple for the lining because I wanted it to look preeetty.(and to be able to get rained on a bit, this being Pac NW and all.

The sewing portion of Lina's outfit was pretty straightforward, although I had to make up the pattern for the tunic which was kind of lame(and haphazard) and I bought patterns for the cape and the leggings. Everyone's prepping for Halloween right now so it's a good time to grab costume patterns like capes.

You did a grate Job with it, I think its pretty, thats why I asked who maid it, man I could never make anything like that.