Author Topic: Final Fantasy Cosplay Group  (Read 21117 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Final Fantasy Cosplay Group
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2008, 08:04:52 am »
That'd be hardcore, and amazing looking, but delicate. Probably for decoration only.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2008, 11:46:29 am »
okay this is me as cloud lol I was just modeling the stuff I made (shoulder gaurd and wig) for a friend. the shoulder gaurd has suspenders attached to it and I'm waiting for the emblem so I can attach that to it as well, so what do you think?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2008, 06:41:17 pm »
oO; What are those shiney things on the shirt? Or is that the belt holding on the arm guard?

And yeah blown glass would be pretty delicate. You could probably make it like thicker glass so it'd at least hold in your hand better.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:46:33 pm by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2008, 07:03:49 pm »
yeah thats the belt XD

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2008, 12:18:35 am »
XD Oh! Ok! Totally impossible to see in the picture! lol ;D

*tries to burn her friend's white mage costume* DIEE!!!! Make the hood diiiiiie!!!! T-T It looks more like a cape than a hood. It's pathetically sad~ I dunno where I messed up on it x_x
Kumori'15

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21:26 am »
sewings hard, I would mess up worse on something like that probably

Offline Transimage

• Sailor Scout
    • ooorangy@Tumblr
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2008, 12:22:08 pm »
All right!
So, I'm working on AC Yuffie, and my friend Kasu has a Kadaj ready to go. Her sister might be Vincent. :D

I'm so exited, this is my first cosplay and only my second convention.... Can't wait to see everyone in kickbutt cosplay. :>

Ah, but the one thing that I need to know: When and where will the photoshoot be???

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2008, 02:09:06 pm »
All right!
So, I'm working on AC Yuffie, and my friend Kasu has a Kadaj ready to go. Her sister might be Vincent. :D

I'm so exited, this is my first cosplay and only my second convention.... Can't wait to see everyone in kickbutt cosplay. :>

Ah, but the one thing that I need to know: When and where will the photoshoot be???

Well, firstly, Welcome! I'm glad that we have more Advent Children cosplayers coming! I will be AC Barret Wallace (again), so yeah, huzzah for AC!

As for the date and place, I don't think there is a specific time yet, but it will be Sunday, and probably in the Park across the street from the Con (Lloyd Center Park).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2008, 03:32:04 pm »
=.=; Everything is happening on Sunday. Just make sure that everyone is able to actually come, you know? Schedule it around major photoshoots... Like for instance the Kingdom Hearts one. It takes at least ten minutes for me to get into any one costume.

... I need a Vincent willing to do a fanservice picture with me. I kinda promised my DA club I would get one.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2008, 05:16:02 pm »
Yeah the park will probably be the place. As for a place to meet in the park, in the center away from the water feature, are 3 little steel/iron statues we can meet near. One's a bunch of kitchen stuff, one's a flower vase and I forget the third... x_x

Hopefully, they'll have the schedule up by the 15th. Cause I'm in charge of getting the time for the Risembool Ranger's lil lunch x_x Which will probably be sunday, too.

Well I finished the hood for my friend's jacket and I think I see what I sewed wrong on the white mage one x_x I forgot to sew something and I sewed it on inside out... bleeeeh.
Kumori'15

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2008, 06:38:43 pm »
I really need to get started on the dress. I decided to pretty much kill myself over waiting so long to start a Queen Garnet cosplay. @.@ Only have the headdress and the belt done. XD
Also, is there any FFIX cosplayers going BESIDES meh? ^^ Everyone seems to be FFVII or FFVIII.
Next year is wdding dress Yuna, too. ^^;;;
I also plan on making some summoning stones to give out to people... any suggestions on some cheap material? I want to make the multiples of all of them, so I'd have multiple copies of Ramuh, Shiva, Ifrit, Ark, Bahamut, Odin, Atomos, Leviathan, Carbuncle, Fenrir, Madeen, and Phoenix. Guess that means I'll need some cheap something to make period, garnet, opal, aquamarine, topaz, phoenix pinion, dark matter, pumice, ribbon, amethyst, ruby, and sapphire.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2008, 08:10:27 pm »
...Balloons and paper mache? x_x I have no idea on how you'd make Materia.

I'd love to make Ashe's wedding dress from FFXII. It was so gorgeous and just looks insanely stunning~ No way I can make it for this year, but still it's awsome!
Kumori'15

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2008, 08:36:30 pm »
I was thinking of doing Ashe instead of Yuna, but I like Yuna's dress more. Though it will take an insane amount more money, with the ten-foot-long train, veil that covers her body, wings, and flowers. ^^;;

I might do Ashe in a few years, but I'll have to wait until after my ultra-accurate, made-of-glass-resin-foam-and-metal, with-tons-of-attachments mega cosplay of KOS-MOS, episode 3.

Though, by then, XIII will be out, so I migh be Lightening or something ^^.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2008, 09:28:21 pm »
Anyone who makes the effort to do either Yuna or Ashe's wedding dress would get awsome kudos~ Both of those are hard in their own ways.

If you do Yuna's, you might actually not be able to make her veil, because fabric's that wide is hard to find.
Kumori'15

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2008, 09:31:23 pm »
I might have to sew it in three pieces, and wear it so the center of the middle piece is on top of the head. That's my plan, anyway.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2008, 10:05:49 pm »
You might be able to make it something like a hood. I used this guide for the hoods for my friend's two cosplays http://www.degraeve.com/jedirobe/ because it's really dang helpful xD
Kumori'15

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2008, 11:18:04 pm »
Anyone who makes the effort to do either Yuna or Ashe's wedding dress would get awsome kudos~ Both of those are hard in their own ways.

If you do Yuna's, you might actually not be able to make her veil, because fabric's that wide is hard to find.

They were at Sakuracon this year and I loved both of their costumes. They both looked amazing.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2008, 11:30:36 pm »
O.O wow even Seymour's wig. That's totally awsome!
Kumori'15

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2008, 11:32:19 pm »
I loved it. It looked amazing in person. I personally liked the Seymore better. I thought she did a fantastic job but both of their costumes took a lot of time. I felt sorry for the Yuna though, she had on some massive heels x.x

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2008, 11:52:53 pm »
Heels are never fun with cosplaying because you're in it for like 12+ hours moving around A LOT.

x_x Almost done with this evil skirt. The skirt part's done, just have to finish the waistband. And I know how to hide my mistake of doing it inside out XD Hide the seam under the shirt's tail lol
Kumori'15

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2008, 02:42:10 am »
Yeah, theo nly prblem with the Yuna costume for next con is I'm... sort of anal when it comes to costumes. It was to be 100% accurate to screenshots. That means feathers lining the front, the opening in the front, finding shoes that closly match then MAKING THEM match, getting the perfect tiara, etc. XDD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2008, 10:27:24 am »
That's called being OCD XD And I'm pretty OCD about costumes too. You should've seen how nuts I went looking for the beads for her earring x_x
Kumori'15

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2008, 11:46:33 am »
Costume OCD is all sorts of fun! You want a real cosplay OCD trip, though, try the Trinity Blood artbook. You have to sell your soul to make one of those. Once you go artbook there's no going back, though.

OOH! Yuffie's almost done! Second glove, leg thing and straps for that have all been finished! Now I just need to do the head band and I oughta be good. Of course, that's after I get the garter finished and the armsock totally completed.

T_T I need shoeses.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2008, 01:10:21 pm »
Amaya should really get the dress done... since she is leaving for about two weeks and needs it done by the 20th of August, but...
*is lazeh*
Also have to make a pikachu costume for a friend. She's gonna be my special attack when I apply for cosplay chess. Garnet tries to summon Ramuh, and guess what comes out? Pika... PIKACHUUUUU!!! XD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2008, 02:09:54 pm »
XD Nice, a mis-summon.

Sounds like Yuffie's coming along great~ I suggest looking at amazon.com. I think when I was looking for the songstress boots I saw some less than 35$ lace em up boots that could do for Yuffie.

^^ Almost done~ Arm wraps, earring, shirt, hair tail all done~ Shoes are in the mail to me and the skirt's waist band is done. I just need to sew on the snaps/buttons and tadaaaaa~
Kumori'15

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2008, 02:59:24 pm »
Are we talking about the same version of Yuffie? I'm not doing Advent Children, I'm going all-out and doing her original 1997 version. Bright orange sneakers FTW.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2008, 03:02:28 pm »
XD Buy a pair of white sneakers and dye them, ftw! lol!

*flops waiting for glue to dry* x_x Least I finished my friend's costume. I just gotta finish mine totally~
Kumori'15

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2008, 03:39:07 pm »
Armsock is shockingly easy for me. Just use an old khaki trouser leg, and sew it around a plastic form.

Everything else....? Gosh I still need to get to a craft store. I hear Michaels is having a killer sale.

I can't afford to be OCD. No monies. That doesn't mean I'm not, though.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2008, 04:34:25 pm »
I may actually get a job! Which means I may actually have the money to work on cosplay and have something to talk about in here, lol. *crosses fingers, toes, and wings*

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2008, 04:41:47 pm »
You go EveofAbyss! Be sure to keep us posted about how the hunt for hiring goes.

Getting a job is always wonderful. I too may have to shape up and find one before summer is out, running low on funds and all (but seriously, who in their right minds would walk away from a new tablet for thirty bucks and some manga in Japanese?)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 04:56:19 pm by lin_hikaru_7 »
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2008, 06:10:49 pm »
My idea for a job is to maybe comission costumes for people, and to try and see if I can get self published and sell a book or two of mine x_x Hopefully.... And I'll be stuck with a job when I move after the con anyway.
Kumori'15

Offline Lunartwist

• Cabbit
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:36 pm »
Being the Final fantasy nut that I am, I'm going to be cosplaying (maybe) two characters at the most.

I'm DEFINATELY doing Tseng. So Rude, here's another Turk for you. I'll be doing his Crisis Core/Before Crisis look. So yay for short ponytails.

And if I find a way to get my wig to finally behave (not like how it kept falling off at Sakura-Con) I'll be Hojo as well.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2008, 06:04:38 pm »
Ah, somehow I missed this entire thread when looking for the most current FF Cosplay thread! *gasp* Anyway, for all of my fellow FF cosplayers, if any of you are interested in attending the FF photoshoot, it is being scheduled and discussed here: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6110.0.

Currently, we are aiming for 2:00pm on Sunday, but it is still open for suggestions. I hope to see you all in the thread, and at the shoot! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ryanne_monday

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2008, 09:53:01 pm »
I'm going as Tifa - but I'm also dragging along and Aeris and Red XIII - human style.
The only thing is all three of my cosplays are hand made and original design. AKA: they do not look exactly like the character - in fact it was my goal to stray from that idea.
ex: Tifa's costume was converted from a AC Cloud Strife outfit. Pants into shorts - long skirt into short with tulle layering and shirt added with feathered boa. Two long (think game gloves) gloves.
And Aeris has a more modern pink dress - same jacket with a watering can (instead of the overused basket) filled with flowers.
Red - To hard to describe... body paint... lots of body paint...

But anyway, I don't know if you guys are super picky on EXACT ORIGINAL!!!! YOUR EYE COLOR IS WRONG!
Love to group though... I'm friendly? lol
FINAL FANTASY SEVEN FORUM

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2008, 09:57:47 pm »
Some pretty original ideas there, and I'm no stickler or anything. I mean, if you set out to do the original version, then do it right, you know? But if you set out to do something original from the beginning, then I wouldn't think anyone would get on you about being different, heh. Personally, I have to do everything as identically as I can (cause I'm specific and anal like that), but I wouldn't expect everyone else to be that way.

Either way, glad to have you and I look forward to meeting you!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2008, 10:02:45 pm »
If they're picky about eye coloring - die!!! I'm too paranoid to put in contacts, the very thought makes me shiver x_x
Kumori'15

Offline Ryanne_monday

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2008, 10:02:53 pm »
sounds solid. Yeah, I know a few people who are anal perfect cosplayers (*cough*NICHOLE*cough*)
-She'll never see it.
And pleasure to meet all of you - cosplayers are the nicest people around.
FINAL FANTASY SEVEN FORUM

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2008, 11:05:51 pm »
Bad news. My sister and I have to skip out on Kumoricon this year. Sorry guys...
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2008, 11:46:53 pm »
Aww~ You shall be missed!

And of course Cosplayers are happy. Bribe us with 1 pocky, 2 ramune, 3 photos and 4 games and we're pretty happy campers  :D
Kumori'15

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2008, 04:31:39 am »
Bad news. My sister and I have to skip out on Kumoricon this year. Sorry guys...

Yes, you will be missed, but hopefully you can make it next year.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!