Author Topic: Thunderstorms in portland!  (Read 2535 times)

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
Thunderstorms in portland!
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:14:16 am »
SCARY!
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Re: Thunderstorms in portland!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 03:22:34 am »
There's major lightning here in Newberg.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 03:50:31 am »
There's major lightning here in Newberg.

In Wilsonville too :D I thought it was fireworks at first because there are so many people setting off mortars already!
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 03:57:07 am »
i havent seen that much thunder/lightning for a few years portland never really does the tstorm stuff

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:11:31 am »
Wow! It's weird to think you guys don't get many thunderstorms. =O I'm moving to the area from Missouri next month.   Woo-hoo for tornadoes and huuuuuuuuge thunderstorms all the time.

It's to the point here that when the tornado sirens go off, it isn't really scary so much as it is an annoying inconvenience.  Ha ha.

Yeah.  Not gonna miss that.
Check out the TEC voice over auditions being held at KumoriCon this year: http://teccomic.com/auditions/

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 08:14:04 am »
I've had thunderstorms chasing me since Saturday, lol. I was in Grants Pass and the thunderstorm to end all thunderstorms was unleashed on the little area we were in. Then, when I got back to Tigard the next day, the thunderstorm had followed me and was once again unleashed. And, then, it came back last night! Thunderstorms are epic! And they are attracted to me because I'm soooooo daaaaaaarn metaaal!
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 08:29:54 am »
Those thuderstorms made all of my neighbors dogs go crazy last night, so all I could hear was thunder and barking.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:48:40 am »
The ones Monday night were really bad in Tigard. The ones last night weren't as close as they were then. Monday night lightning hit a tree in Tualatin (on a few miles away from my house)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 09:37:47 am »
Wow! It's weird to think you guys don't get many thunderstorms. =O I'm moving to the area from Missouri next month.   Woo-hoo for tornadoes and huuuuuuuuge thunderstorms all the time.
thats what my fiancee says, he has family in missouri

last night was crazey, (in tigard) suddenly boom and i'm shutting the window that was pelting against our widow, it literaly sounded like some one was throwing gravel at our wall
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 09:51:28 am »
I heard the hail last night too. It was really loud x.x Woke me up from a dead sleep.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:38 am »
I woke up covered in crap, mostly DDR pad components that I'd been sleeping by.  There wasn't an earthquake or something last night, was there?

Regarding thunderstorms, Portland ones are much less frightening than West Virginia thunderstorms.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 11:04:58 am »
aaahhhh, it was so neat leaving the window open and listening to it until I fell asleep. :P
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 11:09:01 am »
aaahhhh, it was so neat leaving the window open and listening to it until I fell asleep. :P

Thunder and rain is the best lullaby for me, heh. I love the sound and the breeze, felt great. Much nicer than the hot, humid nights we've been having.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 11:11:43 am »

Thunder and rain is the best lullaby for me, heh. I love the sound and the breeze, felt great. Much nicer than the hot, humid nights we've been having.
Ain't that the truth. Since I don't have air conditioning, I practically die on those humid days/nights. :(
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 12:42:37 pm »
it moved pretty swiftly by it got worse and worse then it kinda stopped all the sudden.... and now we have sun shine heh

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 02:42:54 pm »
It was so weird! Between 2am and 2:30am we had thunder/lightening... but no rain? It was weird. @.@;

The weirdest part was it just seemed to hover over us, with claps of thunder so loud that it kept setting off car alarms... that was funny. My dog didn't like it though... but then, he doesn't like fireworks, so thunder is even worse. e.e; We actually lost power for the blink of the eye before it turned back on. I'm glad I turned off all the switch boxes in our house beforehand. x.x;

I would have been able to sleep through it if there had been some rain... for some reason rainy thunder/lightening storms calm me, but dry ones make me nervous. =/ Probably due to the increased chance of fire. >_>;
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 02:52:25 pm »
i think it was like 3am when it was directly over my house. loud ground shaking thunder. woke me up. i open my eyes to flashes of light and that deep roaring thunder. turned of my computer, i ask mom if she would like me to turn of the puters downstairs as well (she was woken by the thunder as well) nearly right after i shut down the comp and turned off the power strip to the exterior memory the rain. poured down. it was insane the streets were filled with water in less then 2 min. for once i feared the weather. 

i now know what its like to be in the eye of a storm....... if you add strong winds houses would be missing
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 02:54:15 pm by SageBell »
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 11:45:07 am »
*laughs* I was out at the apartment complex's hot tub relaxing and watching the sky as the lightning arc'd

Finally headed home when the thunder caught up around an hour later.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 11:48:54 am »
Hate thunder...there was a lot here in Oregon City, too.  :-\

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 08:19:37 am »
o-o It was here a while ago. DX I think I've only seen lightening...Three times? Four now. So, it was creepy.