Author Topic: Dear almighty MY EYE!  (Read 1681 times)

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
Dear almighty MY EYE!
« on: August 05, 2008, 08:45:23 pm »
My eye is in pain, an eyelash lodges in the back of my eye somewhere. O_X It happened while I was washing off make-up and next thing I know my right eye is searing in jabbing pain. Any idea on how I can get the lash out? I'm holding the pain at bay by wincing.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Dear almighty MY EYE!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:49:58 pm »
Ah! That sounds terrible! I really have no idea, but someone said something similar happened to them and they just repeatedly rinsed their eye and blinked until it (a contact) came out. Best of luck and hope it doesn't hurt too bad.  :-\

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:50:52 pm »
SURGERY!!! DX

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:56:31 pm »
^ I hope it doesn't come to that! XD It will suck if I get an infection from this.

I did try and rinse and blink it out in the beginning but nothing came out. Blinking is do-able now, but the poking often resurfaces.  :(

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »
Just keep blinking and try to go about your business. If your body is doing what it should be good at, it will work that foreign object out naturally.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 09:24:16 pm »
I have had that too this is kinda what happen
 you go to sleep your eye will make goo and as you sleep it will help the eye lash get out and when you wake up it will crust and be careful when removing it, the eye lash will come with it

other option is make your eyes water naturaly (i can make my self cry on comand)and let fill you eyes, keep them open and kinda swish it around before you blink it might work it out, just dont rub too much you could scratch your eye
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 09:44:01 pm »
Thanks for the advice superjaz~ I swear, this is the only drawback to having long lashes >_>

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 11:44:06 pm »
ah i have long lashes and contacts, its only an inevidability the way i get them out is close your eye, look up (if your eye lash is stuck on the top of your eye), lift your eye lid and look down. the other way i use is close your eyes and look down(again if your lash is on top) and put your finger where your lash is and roll your eye up. both ways its easy cause you don't need to open your eye which is hard when its bugging you. i like the physical contact of getting it out washing it out for me only makes it go somewhere worse =/
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 12:12:27 am »
Oh god I hate it when that happens D:

Best bet is to rinse your eye like crazy! It always works for me

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 12:19:02 am »
I think I've gotten used to the pain. My eye is all puffy though.  :'( Please let there be some eye goo so I can pluck this sucker out!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 01:00:16 am »
Generally if I ever get a lash in my eye so that it hurts, I just rotate my eyes in circles that tends to get it out of the pupil for some reason and blinking + tears can get said eyelash out.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.