Author Topic: Rock Band Player in search of team  (Read 9865 times)

Offline sdwashu

• Cabbit
Rock Band Player in search of team
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:12:58 am »
Hey everyone!

I'm a seasoned Rock Band player looking to get in on the competition. I'm an Expert level player (including all DLC) on Guitar/Bass and I finished 2nd in the GH tournament last year so you know I'm up to whatever song you have. I can play drums on most songs on hard (DLC/Run to the hills excluded) and a lot of songs on expert as well although my flair is mostly with Guitar/Bass (playing behind the head, without looking at screen, and other crazy things.) As with most others I can sing but you really don't want me to, it's just better for everyone.

I'll be cosplaying as Mana on Sunday and am hoping to get into a team with some other cosplayers. Hope to see everyone at the competition!  ;D

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
Re: Rock Band Player in search of team
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:27:09 pm »
hmm someone else was posting and I thought they were second place last year, guess I was wrong, but anyways you going to make the GH tourny as well? it'd be fun to play against you again to see how much better you have gotten, more challenge the better you know? You definitely have those rock moves down though, good luck finding a team, I don't do rock moves so I think I would just lower a groups score. But if you want I can be your bassist or guitarist, which ever you would want to place me. I haven't played the drums in a while because my bass pedal broke but I was stuck on Dead on Arrival and Detroit Rock City on expert.

Offline grapesoda

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:18:55 pm »
hmm someone else was posting and I thought they were second place last year, guess I was wrong, but anyways you going to make the GH tourny as well? it'd be fun to play against you again to see how much better you have gotten, more challenge the better you know? You definitely have those rock moves down though, good luck finding a team, I don't do rock moves so I think I would just lower a groups score. But if you want I can be your bassist or guitarist, which ever you would want to place me. I haven't played the drums in a while because my bass pedal broke but I was stuck on Dead on Arrival and Detroit Rock City on expert.
sorry for the hijack:
You say you want more of a challenge in GH?  Alright, I guess I'll show up. ;)

Offline Timmy-chan

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:33:19 pm »
-update-  I actually already found a band :D good luck!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:10:45 pm by Timmy-chan »

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:05:11 am »
you're going to be at K-con Steve? The one who got second was good and I bet he got even better, I shouldn't be too much of a threat as my GH drive kinda went down after some bad tournament experiences but I'll be there to make sure the finals are good, I got first last year at kumoricon and I got second at both Sakura-cons, see you all on Saturday as I am heading up to Portland tomorrow, I'm going to go swimming before I go to sleep and I'm probably going to take my 360 so we'll have some GHIII/Aerosmith to play. sorry if I don't check this tomorrow because I won't be home.

Offline sdwashu

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 10:56:20 am »
Sounds like we have a team in here somewhere. We should all meet up in the game room at some point to figure some things out and do a couple test runs on Rock Band. Still need a vocalist but I might be able to talk either my girlfriend or her roommate into doing that as they can both do vocals on hard. I wonder if EFG is around from last year, he'd definitely add some flair to a team. =D

I think I'm going to be in the game room for the first half of saturday so come find me. I'll probably be in costume as kyo if not... well then just look ask for washu at either the rock band or GH setups. =D

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 10:55:39 pm »
I'm stealing your freezepop CDs while you're distracted playing RB dude :)

I'll be your faux roadie or something.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:56:33 pm by XFD »

Offline sdwashu

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:52:06 pm »
I'll be your faux roadie or something.

Jamie already called that, I think you have to come up with something else. =P

Offline sdwashu

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 09:33:00 am »
So I got in touch with GHL and it looks like we worked out that I'll be on either guitar/bass and he'll do drums so we still need a vocalist and another guitarist. Let me know if you're interested. I'll show up a bit before the competition to try and find a last minute member or two.

Also I'm wearing my Mana costume which means I'll be about 7ft tall with big poofy black hair so I should be easily identifiable if you want to talk to me. I answer to Mana/Washu or if you want to be normal Brian.

Guitar/2ass 1: SD-Washu
Drums: guitarherolover32
Vocals: ???
Guitar/Bass 2: ???
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:37:08 am by sdwashu »

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 11:10:34 pm »
hmm I think this band sounds like a good idea, hopefully we do well! can you just imagine if the RB tourny was double elimination like the GH tourny was?

Offline sdwashu

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:21:25 am »
hmm I think this band sounds like a good idea, hopefully we do well! can you just imagine if the RB tourny was double elimination like the GH tourny was?

Ugh I don't think it would have ended before we had to leave for the GH tournament... which was epic. =D