Author Topic: Queen's Blade?!?!  (Read 1406 times)

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
Queen's Blade?!?!
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:50:21 pm »
So I don't know if anyone has caught onto this series, well actually its just getting made into an anime series. Queen's Blade is a fighting game by Lost Worlds using books. It now has its own manga and doujin anothologies. All of the characters are quite provocative.

I am going as Hell Temptress Airi. I was just wondering if any one else was going to dress from this series???

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: Queen's Blade?!?!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:41:42 pm »
I've seen this around during my websurfing, but never found out what it is exactly.  could you give a summary of it please?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 01:01:54 pm »
The official website is http://queensblade.net/

The books are based of the Lost Worlds battle system. "Play requires two players and at least two "visual combat books", with each player choosing a character (i.e., a book) from those available. At the start of play, each player removes the character sheet for that character from their book and hands the book to his or her opponent. The character sheet lists the various combat actions which the character can take during the battle. The combat book lists the effects of the attacks in tables, and serves as a visual reference for what the other player is doing. Hence, each player views entries in the book from a first-person perspective, seeing only their opponent and not themselves."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Worlds_(gamebook)

The story from the website (the babel fish translation...is really bad):

In 4 years which decide the queen of the country competition meeting of the life 懸 [ke] of one time, [kuinzubureido]. The strongest woman can control this country in accordance with the tradition which continues from building country. If it is the woman of 12 years old or more, if even if, not being the human also, it is the woman of the intellectual living thing even with the person of the foreign country, it can recognize participation. As for competition meeting rule needless murder being agreeable. It becomes the tournament of the life 懸 [ke] which freely used the weapon and the homicide skill which oneself makes proud. On the one hand until it plays abandons, or stops being able to move conclusion is not attached.  And pattern of fight is relayed to the crystal sphere of all country by the magic of the court magic teacher. As for the populace the fight is observed feverishly.  You are the woman fighting loyal retainer who participates in [kuinzubureido]. As for the destiny which expects the seat of the queen or humiliation of defeat, or death?

They are making an anime series. I mostly buy the books for fun. I don't play with them.

Offline Mailorder

• Cabbit
    • Aftercon Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:15:23 pm »
I salute you for doing a Queen's Blade cosplay!  If I were a chick, I may try out some of those outfits... but yeah - no room for dudes to cosplay anything from Queen's Blade <.<

GO GO GO