Author Topic: Cosplay help? D:  (Read 2018 times)

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
Cosplay help? D:
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:01:47 pm »
Okay so, last year, at Kumoricon 08', i was an Epic fail Colette. >.>
So, this year, i'd like to at least make the cruxis crystal!!! x-x
But, sadly, i dont know how. D:
Here's a reference picture;
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/ISukiLeonGeeste/Tales%20of%20Symphonia/Colette%20Brunel/TalesofSymphoniaColette80.jpg
The thing on her neck.
Anyone have any advice on how to make one? O:
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplay help? D:
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:04:34 pm »
clay....i used clay for something today and it works really well....if you have a goal chain (fake would be best) make the pendant and the extra gold hanging off it then mold it around the chain....that's how I would do it

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »
I agree.  You can get clay at a craft store that hardens when you bake it, and that would make a good base.  If you wanted to get fancy, you could get a plastic gem that's about the right shape for the red part.  If I remember correctly, it's mounted on a gold choker, isn't it?  I'm not sure what you could use for that, besides perhaps a choker painted gold. :/
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:32:38 pm »
I used clay that you cooked in the oven and that worked great too. The oven stuff was all I could find and i was in a hurry >_>

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 07:26:43 pm »
clay....i used clay for something today and it works really well....if you have a goal chain (fake would be best) make the pendant and the extra gold hanging off it then mold it around the chain....that's how I would do it
I agree.  You can get clay at a craft store that hardens when you bake it, and that would make a good base.  If you wanted to get fancy, you could get a plastic gem that's about the right shape for the red part.  If I remember correctly, it's mounted on a gold choker, isn't it?  I'm not sure what you could use for that, besides perhaps a choker painted gold. :/
Ohh really? O:! Thank you guys so much! :3
for the choker part, i'll have to look somewhere close to where i live. xD!
For the gem i could just go to the Party Store cause halloween is coming up. X3
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.