Author Topic: HBO'S True Blood?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
HBO'S True Blood?
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:47:50 pm »
I saw this show for the first time today and I am really starting to like it. I was wondering if anyone else has seen it? and what they think?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: HBO'S True Blood?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:13:23 pm »
aw here i was thinking i was gonna be the one to start this topic

what to say about true blood

its the best transfer from book to tv show i have seen, and it could not have happened to a better book
I love the charlaine Harris's book series and the sookies series in my fave and she is a hoot i met her at a book signing

now i have been very carful to not give away anything with varing sucess, i had mentioned the books to vallie way back and when I heard they were making a HBO series she checked it out and really likes it, I have been downloading it as it comes out or catching it a vallies

as for differnces, 1 the books are compleatly in sookies point of veiw, and they changed that for the show, 2 lots more sex (as to be expected from hbo) its not like it was added, but in the book it would be found out about after the fact and in the show you see it as it happens

and there is a character who i havent seen yet, and if they leave him out it will be the equvilence to peeves being left out of harry potter movies

all that said me like lots, my only problem is that i am such a huge fan of the books that in my head I am either "it didn't happen like that in the book!" or " I hate you I hate you kill him sookie kill him now he is a bad man!!!"

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:20:07 pm »
right now I am half way through ep. 5. I will finish it tonight.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 03:07:54 am »
I'm sorry. I really didn't like it. Maybe it got better after the pilot episode, but everything was so predictable. The best part about the first episode was the surprise twist to the opening before the opening theme.

I tried, but I just couldn't do it. It's too campy. I'm sorry.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 01:54:27 am »
It is a little bit predictable but it's better as it moves along. There's certain things that are inevitable when you're establishing a vampire mythos.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 08:14:02 am »
and it has gottem better since the piliot, it seemed the first episode was like "watch me I'm on HBO and have SEX!!"
after that  it toned down bit

now for pradictable...pm me who you think the killer is and i will tell you if you are right  ;D

but yeah tho with almost any show certain peeps you just know they are going to die...and its never the characters you want to Jason stackhouse!!!1
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids