Author Topic: Sasori Crossplay. Help Plez! D:  (Read 37711 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Sasori Crossplay. Help Plez! D:
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2008, 10:14:14 pm »
you can buy red in all of the rings but no it is not the right color >_>

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2008, 10:15:39 pm »
It Always Says I Needs A Credit card So Ima Just Make Lynn Do Thie Ring Any Color Is Really Fine Im Not Looking For Perfection Not Many Pple Really Notice Anything Like That Anyway D;
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Alderfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2008, 09:46:08 pm »
Alright. Hm...the symbol on the ring looked different in the manga..... O.o
I'll see what I can do, it probably wont be perfect, but it will work. :'P

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2008, 10:09:34 pm »
It Always Says I Needs A Credit card So Ima Just Make Lynn Do Thie Ring Any Color Is Really Fine Im Not Looking For Perfection Not Many Pple Really Notice Anything Like That Anyway D;

Wait you are going to go as Tayuya? sweet we have another sound five member ^_^

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2008, 03:41:53 pm »
I Might Go As Her IF I Can Find A Way To Get The Costume Or Possibly Make It Myself =3 Expenciveness >.<
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2008, 10:36:43 pm »
yeah it is expensive. But I would love to have another sound five member but don't break bank x.x

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2008, 11:09:32 pm »
its very light....I mean the whole sheet isn't but it is 70'' x 48'' so that is HUGE (all of it weighs about 8 lbs, or at least that is what the package said) It would weigh about the same as a pair of angle wings that you would put on your back.
Hmmm I'll Have To Go Back To Portland And Pick Up A Couple Of Sheets Of That =D Now All That I Hope Is The Fangirls Dont Hurt Me Like At The Kumoricon T-T

As Davy Jones and Armor!Alphonse Elric, trust me, the fangirls will approach with caution. Or if you see one coming, you can generally go "Gently, please!" without problems. As Davy, lots of people asked first before the hug. I didn't have a problem. Very good seeing Davy had mussel shells on his shoulders XD;;

I just felt terrible since I was so sweaty under my jacket, and a few people probably got an awful hug ;_; I'm still embarrassed by that.

For the blades, yeah, I think some sort of harness would work fine. You might even be able to make the blades out of wood if you have a good electric sander (hand sanding would be hard) and a jigsaw. If you go to a woodcraft store, they might have some ideas for fitting everything together if you want the blades to be able to open, close, or whatever they do. (I'm sorry, I don't know).
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2008, 01:36:17 pm »
its very light....I mean the whole sheet isn't but it is 70'' x 48'' so that is HUGE (all of it weighs about 8 lbs, or at least that is what the package said) It would weigh about the same as a pair of angle wings that you would put on your back.
Hmmm I'll Have To Go Back To Portland And Pick Up A Couple Of Sheets Of That =D Now All That I Hope Is The Fangirls Dont Hurt Me Like At The Kumoricon T-T

As Davy Jones and Armor!Alphonse Elric, trust me, the fangirls will approach with caution. Or if you see one coming, you can generally go "Gently, please!" without problems. As Davy, lots of people asked first before the hug. I didn't have a problem. Very good seeing Davy had mussel shells on his shoulders XD;;

I just felt terrible since I was so sweaty under my jacket, and a few people probably got an awful hug ;_; I'm still embarrassed by that.

For the blades, yeah, I think some sort of harness would work fine. You might even be able to make the blades out of wood if you have a good electric sander (hand sanding would be hard) and a jigsaw. If you go to a woodcraft store, they might have some ideas for fitting everything together if you want the blades to be able to open, close, or whatever they do. (I'm sorry, I don't know).
Well thats good to hear. Im not a big fan of being tackled to the ground. The Problem is being i dont talk much my voice isnt very loud but i hope they can hear me x-x

I remember that right after i bought my akatsuki cloak i was exsited and i ran right past you and you said someone seems to be in the spirit XD the truth was when im excited cosplays scare me so i saw you and ran D:

I was thinking wood would be very hard to carry around for 3 days stright so i was gonna go with light plastic and such but id cut wholes in the torso after attacking the blades and slide the plastic tubes in them. (no upper body strenght what so ever DX)
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2008, 11:27:51 pm »
Well thats good to hear. Im not a big fan of being tackled to the ground. The Problem is being i dont talk much my voice isnt very loud but i hope they can hear me x-x

I remember that right after i bought my akatsuki cloak i was exsited and i ran right past you and you said someone seems to be in the spirit XD the truth was when im excited cosplays scare me so i saw you and ran D:

I was thinking wood would be very hard to carry around for 3 days stright so i was gonna go with light plastic and such but id cut wholes in the torso after attacking the blades and slide the plastic tubes in them. (no upper body strenght what so ever DX)

If you make motions like I did and kind of hold up your arms in the "whoah, slow down" way, you should be fine. Speaking is always worth the try, though. After all, they are looking at you. ;) People are pretty understanding about costumes that you work so hard on.

Ah, shoot. I'm sorry. I hope I didn't offend you. I think I remember you, actually.

That's what I was thinking about with having the blades rotate. I've seen Amethyst Angel do it with Sasuke's oversized shuriken... thing. Anywho, her livejournal is here: http://proplady.livejournal.com/ If you search around enough, you might get some ideas. She's got an actual website so you can see what she's done and drop a questions (although it seems she's busy a lot of the time. Still work trying).

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2008, 11:29:19 pm »
The Fuuma Shuriken Sasuke used early in the first season of Naruto can be found here: http://amethyst-angel.com/cosplay/swords.html There's a shot of it closed, too. Might help :/

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2008, 11:37:40 pm »
Yeah that was the link I thought would help make the wings

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2008, 01:56:11 am »
I went ahead and posted a very large post with nothing but tutorial links. HCC cosplay has a great tutorial on harnesses you might find useful. I'll look for more.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2008, 11:31:47 am »

If you make motions like I did and kind of hold up your arms in the "whoah, slow down" way, you should be fine. Speaking is always worth the try, though. After all, they are looking at you. ;) People are pretty understanding about costumes that you work so hard on.

Ah, shoot. I'm sorry. I hope I didn't offend you. I think I remember you, actually.

That's what I was thinking about with having the blades rotate. I've seen Amethyst Angel do it with Sasuke's oversized shuriken... thing. Anywho, her livejournal is here: http://proplady.livejournal.com/ If you search around enough, you might get some ideas. She's got an actual website so you can see what she's done and drop a questions (although it seems she's busy a lot of the time. Still work trying).
I'll Have To Try That >w>

Dont Worry You Didnt XD I Just Got Scared The First Time The Oro Cosplay Scared Me When I Looked At It Also O_o I Just Have Issues

Thanx Alot =D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]