Author Topic: SALE: Alphonse Elric Armor  (Read 12919 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
SALE: Alphonse Elric Armor
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:02:19 pm »
Hey, all! Some of you might have seen me at the last Kumoricon picnic in July as Alphonse Elric. I've come to grips with the fact that Alphonse is just too big for my room now that I've finished Davy Jones. I don't want to recycle him if I don't have to, so in a last ditch effort, I'm setting him up for sale to those who want him.

I'm 5'10", 155 lbs with a lady's 8 size shoe, and the armor is made to my size. I made him myself, so if someone is interested, I can fix him up the best I can. We can always make a transaction at the next cosplay picnic if need be. Also, at the picnic, you can try on the armor before purchasing as well. Please only try him on if you're interested, as I don't want anything to accidentally happen to him with an uninterested party.

Alphonse is made of cardboard primarily, with wire and fur "horsefeathers" on the helmet, and a cotton apron with wooden rings on the side. There are a lot of elastic straps and velcro to keep him together. The cardboard was purchased in large sheets, not boxes, so there are no seams from where a box was assembled together. The twill pouch on his thigh is attached and strong. It held my wallet and miscellaneous items during Sakuracon 2006 quite nicely.

CONDITION: He's a little beat up with a tear on the back where my friend accidentally punched him. The gold rings are chipping a little bit, but I will most certainly repaint them and add a clear coat of nail polish to prevent scratches in the future. The apron is wrinkled, but nothing an iron can't take care of. A shoulder armor has fallen off, but I will reattach before delivery. The feet have recently been remade, and while in the picture they look wide, they are meant to fit over thin shoes or water socks. Some of the elbow and knee pads are chipping, and it is an easy fix. I will try to fix up any kinks or problems to the best of my ability before showing/selling.

PLEASE NOTE: It is impossible to get into this cosplay on your own, so please make sure you have some sort of helper if you decide to buy this.

I know this sounds like a hassle, and if there aren't any interested parties, that's fine. This is just a last ditch effort. Please post questions or concerns here, and if you are interesting in purchasing, PM me.

I'm selling him for $20, complete with 10-gallon bucket! 8D The pictures following this post are taken just now, and the full body shot was at the recent Kumoricon Picnic in July '08. Please note that the balakava mask I am wearing under the hood will not be included. I wore a black turtleneck and black sweat pants underneath.

Thanks, everyone!
-Lychee

Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: SALE: Alphonse Elric Armor
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 06:12:02 pm »
Sorry, Kumoricon forums are being finicky with my computer again, and take me to the front page of Kumoricon, rather than posting the pictures.

MILLIONTH TIME IS A CHARM  >:(

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 10:22:08 pm »
I'm game for this! 20 dollars upfront, at the picnic on the 20th, right? I'll be there as Kakashi!  :D

Bargains ROCK!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 11:05:37 pm »
I'll be out of town :/ Sorry. is there anything else going on?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:20:59 am »
thar is some sweet armor
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 10:00:36 am »
Oh crap, sorry! I thought you'd put that you were going. Theres the FYE meetup this week.  :D

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:54:09 pm »
Oh crap, sorry! I thought you'd put that you were going. Theres the FYE meetup this week.  :D

Due to several people other than myself being busy this week, I can not go. I'm not sure what an FYE is to begin with ^^; Sorry.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:29:55 pm »

Due to several people other than myself being busy this week, I can not go. I'm not sure what an FYE is to begin with ^^; Sorry.
It's fine! Whenever you're ready, just drop me a line!  :D

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 06:11:59 pm »

FYE is a store, they sell dvds and stuff
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 11:41:11 pm »
I had no idea. Haha. Thanks for that!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:26:00 pm »
Welcome ^_^
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 01:56:46 pm »
Um I Just Had A Question Where Exactly Did You Get The Cardbord And How Did Yu Mend It All Together Like That =o
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:19:57 pm by KinkyFriedChicken »
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 03:51:28 pm »
Um I Just Had A Question Did You Just Make That Out Of Cardbored? *didnt bother to read anything but just look at pics* =o Or Did You Make It Out Of Something Else?

Read before asking then.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 04:18:40 pm »
I Went Back After An Hour But I Was Also Asking Like What Type Of Card Bord And Such =I
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 10:47:23 pm »
Capitols like whoah. Anywho, I purchased the cardboard in sheets at the UO bookstore, mainly. You can purchase them in specialty art stores like Art Media, and if you go there, be sure to show your student ID if you have one. They'll give you a small discount. I didn't want to use box cardboard because it tends to be more beat up, which softens the cardboard, and I couldn't stand having a crease going down the torso where a crease didn't belong.

I folded the cardboard by hand on the backside so I didn't cause creases on the front. The easiest way of doing that would be to get a ravioli roller (I bought one at Goodwill). It's like a pizza cutter but with the kind of castle top like cut out on it. I rolled it up and down the cardboard to make grooves to control where I bent the cardboard. The bends had to be close together, though. Perhaps no more than an inch apart.

It took a loooot of time to bend the cardboard how I wanted it. A lot of trial and error. I just used hot glue and maybe some duct tape to hold it all together.

All in all, the entire project cost me a little more than $100, with the cost of hot clue, fresh cardboard sheets, primer paint, spray paint, and material.

I'm selling it for $20 because it's a little beat up.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 12:06:58 am »
Sorry i fixed that now xD

i see....hmm might have to get some of that stuff

I wanna buy it so bad! But im too short for it im only 5'3" ;_;
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline ZakkKurama

• Sailor Scout
    • Animes Watching: I Need to UPDATE!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 01:25:23 pm »
You dont Say,
I'm 5'8 but I could make the Adjustments Myself,
Are you Still Selling?

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 07:12:05 pm »
I am, but CatchxMe was the first to post interest so I'm not going to go to the next interested person until things either completely fall through or they lose interest.

Sorry!

Offline bucket_stalker

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 01:49:22 am »
I am, but CatchxMe was the first to post interest so I'm not going to go to the next interested person until things either completely fall through or they lose interest.

Sorry!
aww i was interested in it oh well ill just try to make my own (most likely fail misbrely and in case happens i has backup plan)