Author Topic: Attention Teen Girls!  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
Attention Teen Girls!
« on: October 16, 2008, 03:53:54 pm »
I'm a senior at PSU, and I'm in this class called Girl Power were we meet with teen girls, have some fun "rap session" where we talk about whatever, and finally publish a zine full of whatever comes out of those sessions (artwork, discussions, etc.). 

We're looking for girls ages 11-19, who would be available to meet with us for about three sessions, between Oct. 23rd and Nov. 24.  You'll get to meet two of us college students, and we can all get to known each other, and talk about issues that are important in our lives.  When everything gets in the zine, it will be totally anonymous, but you'll be able to choose aliases to use.  At the end of the term, we'll hold a big party and everyone will get one of the zines, as well as snacks and treats.

We work with this awesome bookstore called In Other Words, and our goal is to give teen girls a voice in the community. 

If you're interested, pm me here, or email me at lmsoftlight@gmail.com.  Feel free to ask questions and stuff here, too.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Attention Teen Girls!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:55:44 pm »
so is this like a big assignment for you guys? where are we meeting and how many do you think will attend? also we only have to go too 3 sessions or as many as we want but at least 3?

sorry to bombard you with questions. ha ha ^_^;;
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:44:03 pm »
Well, we'll set the sessions up based on when you guys can attend.  we're setting up a lot of different groups, but we're aiming to have each one be about 4-10 people, with 2 or 3 of us college students leading the sessions.  The sessions themselves will develop with your imput as well, and will pretty much cater to the group.  As for where to meet, we can reserve a room on PSU campus, or come up with some other meeting place.

We try to spend a total of 6 hours with you guys, which usually breaks down to three two-hour sessions.  We can do more or less as our schedules allow.  Each session is recorded, and we'll type them up later, take quotes and conversations, and compile them (anonymously, using your chosen aliases) into the zine.

It's for what basically amounts to our "senior project."  We have to do something where we work within the community.  There are lots of different classes, this is just the one I found most interesting.  It also doesn't have to be just people from this forum.  If you have friends or anything who would also be interested, their very welcome!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:52:05 pm »
sweet. sent you an email now.
da/tumblr

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 12:40:34 pm »
I might be able to attend. :) Zines are always fun!
I'm a freshman at PSU and I live on campus, so it should be pretty easy for me to go.
I'll email you ~

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 02:29:56 pm »
hmm, I think we're mainly looking for people still in high school, but I'll have to check with my teacher.  We'd love to have you if we can, though!  If not, and you're at PSU, you might consider this for your own capstone way off in the future  ;)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 03:03:38 pm »
more people should come to this! it was lots of fun even with only 5 of us. you get candy. :3
da/tumblr

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 03:58:35 pm »
-pops in- CANDEH? o-o
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 04:01:17 pm »
I am in agreement with tofutakeout --!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 04:03:14 pm »
jesh. candy, for every piece you have to say something about yourself but its still fun. :3

da/tumblr

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 04:08:21 pm »
Omg I wanna go but.....I cant. Damn 3 hour drive and moveing!
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]