Author Topic: cosplay/convention dreams  (Read 4824 times)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
cosplay/convention dreams
« on: October 18, 2008, 06:30:43 am »
Ever had one? I know I've had numerous. I had one recently at the beginning of this week(too long to explain) but I will say their were many shuichi's and I was dressed like an extra for rocky horror picture show. I had 3 before con, and over the time after I had several more. I've had some in the past two years too(when I first got into all of this) and they were all pretty weird. :/

so anyone else have this experience?
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: cosplay/convention dreams
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:34:16 pm »
I have them really often ^^ I just cant remember a lot of them right now...

One was before Kcon this year, and I'd forgotten to bring everything with me, like my cosplay, money, cellphone, etc, but I didn't care~ x3 Kind of... boring, yeah, but I can't remember any details >:

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 07:25:13 pm »
Oh I think I had one about the con, but I don't really remember...
Only one though. I didn't have many since this was my first kumoricon but second con XD

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 08:17:07 pm »
So many I wouldn't know where to begin....but even more often, I dream crossover fanfiction. seriously. I usually never even get up and write it, but I play out intricate storylines in my head.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 08:27:07 pm »
I know what you mean rem. I have this weird polar universe in my head where I'll think up stories but then they'll go haywire in my dreams.
da/tumblr

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 08:28:31 pm »
Ive had alot of weird dreams about the con >.< I dont really remember them to much but it all came true at the con o.e
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 02:18:49 pm »
Ooh, I had one last night! 80

... But all I can really remember is a part with Ruki from The Gazette (I think) sitting next to a Ruki cosplayer in the hallway, and me and a few people were circled around like it was story time, and he was critiquing her outfit in fluent English |D
I just remember him telling her to trim her hair and layer it a bit more, and to use a straightener next time and to flip it out... Her hair was real frizzy like mine...

I also remember there being a park near the con, but not really across the street, and there were christmas lights set up on them, and it was around night. I remember suggesting that that would some people should have photoshoots there... Maybe an idea for Mewcon~? 8D

Other than that... I think we went to a restaurant. And I remember something about shrimp and bacon |0

---

In a totally unrelated dream, but same night, maybe going home from the con, I remember seeing the moon like... GIANT and kinda light purple~ So I decided to take a photo. After the first photo, come other sphere appeared, but kinda odd, with like... an aurora inside (idk how to describe), so I took pics of that too |D *CAMERA WHORE*
It circled around a bit, and a crescent moon started travelling across the night sky, as well, really fast, and... it was... odd. So I saved the pictures and the next day looked up info on there being some sort of incident in the sky, but there wasn't >8
The moon does weird things in a lot of my dreams...

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 07:51:47 pm »
I have, I made a thread in spam, you should check it out :(
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 12:39:13 pm »
sorry to bump and old thread but I had my first cosplay dream last night!!! [well not my first, but defintately the biggest one so far]

Okay so it was Kumoricon 09 and me and my friend Heather were REAAALLLLYYY excited that we had finally made it and were there! Apparently so excited that we completely forgot about costumes because we were jsut so focused on the con itself XD Anyways, we ended up staying in the Towers across the street and they had these AMAZING elevators!! They were the size of a living rooms and had bathrooms and beds [the ceiling was really tall so the bathrooms were like up there out of view and then the beds folded out of the wall] And the elevators could go anywhere, if you've ever seen Charlie and the Cocolate Factory, you know what'd I mean. It had GPS and everything XD I don't know where I came up with all of this but it was pretty sweet.
And even though we were so excited to be at the con, I remember we actually spent very little time at the actually hotel itself, we mostly just went around town and stayed in our little towers across the street.

So yeah, that was definately a weird one that I felt a need to write down.
But now I really want all of my costumes to be done so I don't have to worry about not having them. lol.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »
I usually have them a few days before con, or the night before a con.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 09:54:51 pm »
I've had one dream about Kumoricon.
From what I can remember, the hotel people kicked us out for some reason, and the last thing I remember was that the hotel was on fire, and cosplayers were roasting marshmellows and singing songs... yeah, it was a weird one.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 06:27:50 pm »
xD;; That sounds like something possible.

Ahhh, I had another one the other night kind of... I only remember three people from it; my friend Lindsay, CatchxMe, and Faunkegin/Ashlee (not sure if she has a forum account, but she ran a sweets-making workshop... thing... last year)

In one part, me and Lindsay were looking around the con, the layout was kind of like the entrance/lobby of Sakuracon's convention center, and there were tons of people. It was the second day, but we still had no idea where half the things were.
Then I said "... Hey, isn't it a little odd that it's the second day of the con, but we don't remember a thing from yesterday?" I started recognizing it was a dream, and people started vanishing D8

Then at another part, the con took place either in some sort of cave or forest or something... It looked kinda like a nightclub O3o and we needed a ride home, but CatchxMe wouldn't because she was having too much fun with a group of girls at her table |DDD;;
I remember chasing Ashlee, and calling her name, and asking if I could get a ride from her since she lived nearby, even though we didn't really know each other. Awkward thing was that we had a car, but it was just out of gas.... I should of just asked someone to run to the gas station with me so we could get some, or we should've just called a tow-truck o-o;

Yeah, my dreams aren't much fun, they're just detailed .-.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 07:17:27 pm »
My dreams aren't so much detailed as they are just plain weird.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 07:29:40 pm »
nmmmmmmmmmmmmm marshemellows. I would do that too. even though its an old thread it's a good topic to talk about. X3 I actually had a cosplay dream again this weekend I just can't remember it.

and another a week ago with like 7 suichis in it. 0_0
da/tumblr

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 07:53:09 pm »
Huh?!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 07:57:55 pm »
Huh?!
no I'm serious. it was crazy.
da/tumblr

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 08:21:39 pm »
Obviously!