Author Topic: Tattoo advice?  (Read 3715 times)

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Tattoo advice?
« on: December 17, 2008, 10:23:58 am »
Me and a few friends are getting tattoos on the 26th. Can anyone recommend a good tattoo shop in the area? I've been doing some research of my own, but I know a few of you might be able to fill me in on a cool place. Also, if you've had any tattoos from that said place of recommendation, can I see photos for the hell of it? xD
Thanks in advance ^o^
-Maki
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Re: Tattoo advice?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:38:22 am »
I dunno, I've on and off wanted to get a tattoo for years.  However never actually felt up to the lifetime commitment.

"Don't put someone on your body that you wouldn't draw on your wall"  As they say.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 12:00:27 pm »
I'm getting a family heirloom on my ankle. It's an old iron cross pendant with an opal. I own it right now, but when my sister's father dies I plan to give it back to her. I've worn it for nearly 7 years now.
I doubt I'll regret this decision.
I have a hard time even thinking about parting with it someday. It means a lot.

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 12:03:20 pm »
Don't get a tattoo. It is a permanent reminder for a temporary feeling.
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 12:24:26 pm »
I appreciate the advice, but I've wanted this for a good long while and I've put a lot of thought into it. I've even waited a few years for that very reason, because I recognize its permanency.
Since it's representing something more than just a temporary feeling, I'm sure it's never going to feel regretful. I'm not doing it because it's "cool" or something  :D
It's very meaningful to me.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 01:25:22 pm »

Psh, with the assumption that everyone who gets tattoos lacks any degree of foresight...nice.

Anyway, I've had quite a few tattoos and they have all been at Adorn Body Art. I don't have pictures of most of them (because it is just really hard to take pics of my own tattoos, but I will try to get them up soon). Suffice it to say that Adorn is a terrific place to get work done. They have great staff, people who really know what they are doing, and their prices are pretty reasonable for the quality you get, as well.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 01:34:49 pm »

Psh, with the assumption that everyone who gets tattoos lacks any degree of foresight...nice.

Anyway, I've had quite a few tattoos and they have all been at Adorn Body Art. I don't have pictures of most of them (because it is just really hard to take pics of my own tattoos, but I will try to get them up soon). Suffice it to say that Adorn is a terrific place to get work done. They have great staff, people who really know what they are doing, and their prices are pretty reasonable for the quality you get, as well.
Wow! They do some nice work. *o*

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:25:29 pm »
I have a few tattoo's as well! They're very addictive for most people, but that isn't a bad thing.

Most of mine are of things that make up who I am right now. I may not be the same person a few years from now, and I may not even like the same things as I do currently. But they'll be reminders of when I was young as I grow throughout life. So regretting them isn't going to be an issue for me.

I got all of mine done at Bad Kitties, which is a shop in Newberg. So it's probably pretty out of the way. Their prices are reasonable as well, but again it's probably kind of out of your way. XD
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 03:53:03 pm »
My wife has gotten two tattoos done at Adorn and she will never go anywhere else.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 05:02:52 pm »
@Sayda
Yeah. That's seems kind of out of the way lol. xD
Thanks though!

@Higuma
I'm guessing this Adorn place is good.  :D
I'll definitely have to go there ahead of time and check out the nearest location when the weather clears up a little.
At this point, I'm going to assume that it's a professional and sanitary place since it's been recommended twice. My family is ultra paranoid that I'm going to find a tattoo shop that re-uses needles  ::)
So I have to ask for their reassurance.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 06:52:27 pm »
Most people assume that tattoo shops aren't sanitary because of the image they give off. In reality, it's the complete opposite. They're required by law to keep things clean at all times, and even have monthly checks to make sure that the business is sanitary. My mother owns a tattoo shop, and the guns are steamed cleaned for an hour, while the tubes are scrubbed, then steam cleaned. All of the needles are sanitary and in a vacuum packed package. So you have nothing to worry about!

Just try to ignore stereotyping. Tattoo shops are one of the cleanest places to be. And actually, tattoo artists are cleaner then you are. At least the parts that matter. They have to assume that every costumer has aids. x.x;
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 06:54:58 pm by Sayda »
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 11:21:13 pm »
I figured as much. After all, it's a business.
I talked to one owner of a different shop and they were very clean.
I must just have a paranoid family lol but nevertheless, I appreciate their concern.  :D
I can't wait!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 03:08:20 pm »
i've got 8 tattoos and all done at adorn. eve-fiance and i always go there, they're super clean and have great artists. they're always nice and helpful. and if they think that a tattoo might look better a certain way or in a different area, they'll tell you, but they won't refuse to do what you ask unless it's really unreasonable, so it's nice to know they care about quality and what will be best for you. the prices are pretty reasonable as well, as far as i know. if i had more photos of my tattoos, i'd post them, but like eve-fiance said, it's hard to take pictures of your own tattoos, lol. if you do end up going there, i'd recommend having jesse do your tattoo, he's done the last 3 of mine- he's really talented and a super nice guy ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 06:31:25 pm »
There's more than one location though. At least that's what it says. Which one do you two go to?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 09:46:52 pm »
We (Kahlan and I) both go to the West Side location (Beaverton). That is the first one that opened up, the original one, and that is where Jesse is. It's a good fun place, and it is just a couple blocks from Uwajimaya! So after getting a tattoo, you can reward yourself with Pocky or Bubble Tea. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 09:54:21 pm »
We (Kahlan and I) both go to the West Side location (Beaverton). That is the first one that opened up, the original one, and that is where Jesse is. It's a good fun place, and it is just a couple blocks from Uwajimaya! So after getting a tattoo, you can reward yourself with Pocky or Bubble Tea. ^_^
Woohoo! That sounds like an awesome plan!

Thanks for all of the info everyone ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 03:01:49 pm »
So any update as to your plans? You tattooed yet? ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 03:56:39 pm »
TT____TT

not yet, sadly.
Because of the snow, one of my friend's Christmas moved to the date of when we were supposed to get them, then my friend Syd couldn't find a tattoo that she could commit to.
I told her that I'd wait until we were all ready and decided.
So nope.
I got nothin' T,T
::pouts::

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 05:30:31 pm »
TT____TT

not yet, sadly.
Because of the snow, one of my friend's Christmas moved to the date of when we were supposed to get them, then my friend Syd couldn't find a tattoo that she could commit to.
So nope.
I got nothin' T,T

it always sucks when you have to delay getting tattooed, i've had that happen on multiple occasions >.<

but be sure to post updates/pictures when you do get one ^.^ hope it's soon!

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 06:04:06 pm »
TT____TT

not yet, sadly.
So nope.
I got nothin' T,T

it always sucks when you have to delay getting tattooed, i've had that happen on multiple occasions >.<

but be sure to post updates/pictures when you do get one ^.^ hope it's soon!
Thanks, and when we get it done, I'll be sure to post pictures of all of ours :)