Author Topic: Xbox 360 or a playstation 3  (Read 3480 times)

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
Xbox 360 or a playstation 3
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:46:03 pm »
I am sad RE 5 isn't for wii so I am going to buy a xbox 360 or a playstation. I dont know which one I should get. HELP
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline YouDontKnowMe

• Oni
Re: Xbox 360 or a playstation 3
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:48:35 pm »
Games make you fat and lazy. They rot your mind. Reading is better. It increases your grammar and spelling. Which means you will be able to type like a literate, smart person. Just like me. *Overdose of periods*
09 cosplays

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:00:10 pm »
I'd say 360, just because it has other games to spread out to and x box live if you feel like it.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 09:19:51 am »
I would also say a 360. Depending on what games you like but a majority of the games that came out for the ps3 also came out for the 360. For example, Devil May Cry 4, and soon to be a few final fantasy games. Also Star Ocean 4 will be for the 360 and not the ps3. I love rpgs but I'm not sure what type of games you like.

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 09:22:41 am »
I mosly like RPG games i just want one that will be the best and do they play DVD i herd they do
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 09:27:43 am »
the 360 plays dvds I'm sure but the ps3 plays blu rays. So that might be something else to take into consideration. If you have a huge movie collection you might not be able to watch it on the ps3, I'm not sure if they can do both or not.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 01:23:15 pm »
Y not both? me gots both, and both r great!
And so it begins...

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:39:54 pm »
I have to pay for it my self and i not rich and i only work Saturday and half of all mymoney gose to pay off my mom
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 05:14:54 pm »
oh i c. i not rich either. i charge credit....

They are both pretty good though. It really depends what kinds of games you like to play...
And so it begins...

oslapedo

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 07:24:23 pm »
Soon I'll be getting a 360 or a PS3 too but I'm leaning towards the PS3 for a few reasons.

- Bluray
- (Mostly) Backwards compatible with PS2 games
- The next .hack game will probably be on the PS3!
- Etc, etc :D

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 07:39:52 pm »
@Oslapedo
I've heard that the current verisons of the PS3 are no longer backwards compatible so you may want to double ck on that.
did a quick look for next .hack game and it appears its going to the PSP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5R5MZuJm4Y&feature=related
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

oslapedo

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 07:51:15 pm »
O_O

*drool*

Edit: Actually past my initial happiness of a new game being made already I'm super annoyed. I don't want to play as Tokio, or use twin blades anymore!

I want a next/current gen .hack//something, not just handheld .hack//link, though I will get a PSP when this comes out stateside.

But no mention of Shino ;A;
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:54:03 pm by oslapedo »

Offline YouDontKnowMe

• Oni
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 10:06:43 pm »
Work at dairy queen while your mom is at the bakery. That way you get more money, more responsibility, and you don't have to pay off anyone. Plus DQ is like a 30 minute walk from the bakery.
09 cosplays

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 09:34:29 am »
lol i wish im in ave class which mean i have to study a lot and i am going to start taking Kendo and i taking violin lesson and i am starting bass lesson and soon cello and i have Physical therapy for my leg so im really busy  :(
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 01:56:46 pm »
Well, my opinion is probably one of the more worthless ones here, but I have issues with getting either one of them.  Here's why...

PS3
I like playing my old PS1 games sometimes, the PS3 will not play them; they don't even play some PS2 games.
It's more money than I can afford anyways, so I'm not looking to get one any time soon.

There's only two 360 games that I'm even considering getting, should I get one; SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 and Rumble Roses 2; neither one of these make me wanna go "I WANT ONE!" bad enough.
I fear the red light of death.

Some pisitives for them both (for me)

PS3
My favorite game series is Tomb Raider.  If the games get to the point to where they will no longer be available for the PS2 (assuming they even make anymore after Underworld), I will stick with the PS family, because that is Lara's original family, even though the new games don't follow the original storyline worth poo anymore.

They're cheaper.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 02:40:55 pm »
Well, my opinion is probably one of the more worthless ones here, but I have issues with getting either one of them.  Here's why...
PS3
I like playing my old PS1 games sometimes, the PS3 will not play them; they don't even play some PS2 games.
It's more money than I can afford anyways, so I'm not looking to get one any time soon.

thats funny ours does
ps3 are blue ray players too

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 02:46:30 pm »
PS3

thats funny ours does
ps3 are blue ray players too

Really?  I was under the impression that they didn't...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 09:20:31 pm »

Really?  I was under the impression that they didn't...

Here's the rundown. The initial run of PS3's (the original 20GB and 60GB) had the Emotion chip, which was hardware built in to the machine to process PS/PS2 games. So all games will run on the early release PS3's. Since then, they have stopped making the Emotion chip to lower the cost of the system, so the next wave of PS3's in 2007 used software emulation, which is what the Xbox 360 used. So not ALL games will work with those systems, although pretty much all the very popular ones will, as they would have been focused on. There's a search engine on Sony's site that you can use to check on your games to see if they will work. The newest PS3's released in 2008, however, have no backwards compatibility. So if you still want to play all your old games on your brand spankin' new PS3, you're out of luck, unless you find a place selling the older models, or perhaps finding one used.

Speaking of the 360, I don't know if they do backwards compatibility anymore or not. After the first year or so, I don't remember there being much demand for it anymore.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 10:34:01 am »
I have a first gen 60gb PS3. I love it. Its never crapped out on me, plays ALL my old games, PS1 included. Plays blu-ray. It was definitely worth the price when it came out. Blu-Ray movies are just so much better than dvd. (Ive got the whole Die Hard collection on Blu-Ray :D)

Ive known several people whos 360s got the red ring of death, one of them just got it this last weekend. I know two people with 360s that work fine. Keep a few other things in mind though.

The 360s online play cost monthly.
The PS3 online play is free.

The 360 is a microsoft product... they gave us vista
The PS3 is a Sony product... they gave us... the PS2 and PS1

Look at what kind of games you want:
If you want lots of action shootem up college frat boy games like gears of war, then the 360 is your machine.

If you want anything else the PS3 is your machine. I absolutely LOVE little big planet. Is so **** cute. It has plenty of shootem ups if thats your deal with Haze, Socom, Resistance 2(AWESOME). I love fighting games so naturally I picked up Soul Caliber 4, with the PS3 you get Vader (hell yeah!) you can download yoda if you want.

In the end its all up to you. Im a Playstation fanboy if you havent noticed. Im also a computer technician which is probably why Im so biased against the 360.

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 03:14:24 pm »
I was leaning towed 360 now im in the middle a gen. I like RPG games and a lot of shooting dame but mostly RPG games with magic and stuff
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 05:51:47 pm »
Yeah, PS3 games in general are few and far between, and they kind of got the short end of the stick as far as RPGs. There's more RPGs coming out for the PS2 than the PS3. And that's sad considering the limited back-comp
Of course, I would've got the console simply for Wipeout HD...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 06:10:39 pm »
also most of the rpgs that are coming out for the ps3 are also coming out for the 360

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 06:46:34 pm »
the 360 plays dvds I'm sure but the ps3 plays blu rays. So that might be something else to take into consideration. If you have a huge movie collection you might not be able to watch it on the ps3, I'm not sure if they can do both or not.

The PS3 is a very good DVD player, and a very good upscaler if you watch DVDs on an HDTV. It also has digital noise reduction capabilities. (I don't know about the Xbox 360's upscaler, but I know that the PS3 one is particularly, unusually good.)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 07:18:24 pm »
I own a 360, and so far I've had no problems with mine! Most of the games that are coming out for the PS3 are also for the 360, as well. It's cheaper, and typically has more games. The last gen consules I was for the PS2, all the way. But the price of the PS3 was a major jurn off, and with some of the companies that were with the PS now turning to Microsoft, I figured that the 360 was a better bet. Although, the PS3 is a lot cheaper if you want Blu-Ray, but I Blu-Ray to me just looks like they filmed movies to make them look like a soap opera.

It really is up to you, though. I think game price wise, they're about the same cost, but I could be wrong.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 07:25:51 pm »
 :P the new Xbox 360 have an update to where you just rent your game then download it to your xbox so you don't have to buy the games much or if your friends don't have a game you have they could borrow it and download it to their 360 and not need the CD...ever... and 360 is cheaper and i enjoy playing it and if you want to rent a movie you can go on netflix. PS3 i personally don't have one because 1. too expensive 2. they don't have half the games i like and 3. there was way to many bugs in the beggining i don't know if they still have them now but like i said i dont own one.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising