Author Topic: When you first joined the forums  (Read 2901 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
When you first joined the forums
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:58:00 pm »
This isn't as fun if you are newer but if you've been here for a bit go to your 'old posts' page and click on the last page. Just read some of the posts you made back then and think about it for a second. Have you changed at all since you registered here on the forums?
I registered here in 2005 and when I just went and did that I wanted to bust out laughing and cry at the same time. I've become quiet the hypocrite since then and  all the forum mannerisms I used to have bother me now. I think I have become much more jaded and much less annoying since my time in the two-double-oh-five.

I'm curious to hear what other people have to say about themselves.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: When you first joined the forums
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:28:13 pm »
there is already a topic about this.

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=9608.0

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 03:32:25 pm »
there is already a topic about this.

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=9608.0

This thread isn't really about that though. It's focusing more on the fact of how you've changed since you've joined then what date you registered.

If I am wrong and this should be included in that, then I am sorry and the mods can feel free to delete this~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 03:33:39 pm »
Oh i see. Yeah I get it ^_^

XD I talked about cosplay Temari a lot :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 03:36:01 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 04:27:48 pm »
I'm too old to have changed much in the time I have been posting here. All I can say is I know what Gundam is now. sigh.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 04:29:32 pm »
I haven't been on this forums long enough to have changed here.
But the internet in general, i have changed alot. I used to be one of those, LOL SO RANDUM XD people until I realized I wouldn't talk like that in real life so why should the internet be any different. Then I quickly matured and have stayed about the same ever since with only a few minor changes in the language I would use.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:45:18 pm »
Geez, 384 pages of posts :P (this post is apparently my 5751st, including posts in this Forum)

Well, I first registered in May 2006 IIRC and all I talked about was DDR, because that was the only reason I was interested in Kumoricon.  I play a lot more games seriously now, but Gaming's really a secondary involvement in the con now anyway.  So I guess I've changed pretty significantly--here at least.  I'm also quite a bit more down-to-earth, but that's probably primarily just from being a mod.  Responsibilities are sobering.  I appreciate the perspective it gives though.  You see things very broadly when you're looking out for a larger entity than yourself.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 09:04:54 pm »
Aw c'mon, you know that isn't exactly right. Your plans are all up in the hair!

HA!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 01:17:43 am »
As I was looking through my posts, I mostly noticed people who also posted who I haven't seen here in ages.
Example: Who here remembers Filk Aeris?  (No follow up to this.  Just wonder who here remembers.)

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 10:35:35 am »
I first joined when I was 16, I'm turning 19 this year and I think I've matured a lot since I first joined. Looking at my old posts, oh gosh, lol I was such a hopeless romantic XD and much happier in a naive sense back then. Went through some hard times these past few years and I'm an adult now. Some of my friends IRL would even tell me they've seen a lot of changes since this last summer, and they're not bad. I'm  happy with who I am now. ^___^ I'm still pretty carefree and childish at times but not as naive as a 16 year old.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:58 pm »
I haven't been here long enough to change too much. I joined in July last year (because I had a friend who would post on here) and it was mostly because I was cosplaying for the first time and I was wanting to meet up with the other Super Smash Bros. cosplayers at Kumoricon. Not too long after the con (after I saw a couple pictures of myself in cosplay) I think I got tired and stopped coming on here for a while. Then after copious amounts of drama and heartbreak, I decided to come back on, maybe make a friend or two. (I didn't really make any friends, but I did help someone fix their toilet :P ).
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 07:30:34 pm »
Are you kidding me!?

I'm way different on the 'net than I am in actual in-person lifeness.

DONTAKEPEOPLEFORGRANTED!

Anyway... No I haven't changed.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 09:38:09 pm »
As I was looking through my posts, I mostly noticed people who also posted who I haven't seen here in ages.
Example: Who here remembers Filk Aeris?  (No follow up to this.  Just wonder who here remembers.)

I do she was awesome midgar booty all the way

or back in the golden days of the baka zoku sigh,
thems were the days
I remeber this one time joe and I were talking about having con stalkers and I said "yeah well at least you don't get guys saying you should wear your lulu costume all the time" and he was like "but you SHOULD wear your lulu costume all the time"

so long ago...  I was always known for being the number one zim fan but i think i am known more for being a big gackt fan i duno, and where i try to be helpful i still am but i do want forum etiquett follwed first for politness sake,
one thing has not changed mai bad spelling any old timers care to testify to that?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 10:58:44 pm »
There are some people whose bad spelling is actually a necessary ever-present force, required to keep the fibers of the internet intact.  Jaz is one of those people.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 08:07:46 pm »
I joined a few months ago, and when I first came on I was really scared of everyone. I didn't comment on anything but cosplay threads. I really wanted people to like me. Then I realized that I would be more liked if I was just myself, because all of you think the way I do, and we all just happened to be united under Anime, and the Kumoricon just proved to be our meeting place. I am amazed at how much more comfortable I am on the Forums then I was. I came on to make new anime nerd friends, and I have. Though various meet-ups (AKA one) I've made new friends that I'm going to definitely hang out at con this year.
Thank you Kumoricon Forums!

http://kankurouandkarasu.deviantart.com/art/Anime-114593137
more on how anime changed my life...
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

oslapedo

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 05:35:16 pm »
I'm only 15 so I'm not done growing in the maturity department quite yet but looking back at my posts from last year when I was only 14... well, one year makes a huge difference :D

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 11:57:00 pm »
14 to 15 was pretty significant for me too.  Not as significant as 13 to 14 was though.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 12:03:41 am »
ya i have changed alot my music interest and everything i do know is different. it helps to have a car now lol

China bound!!!