Author Topic: I keep having dreams about Kumoricon..  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
I keep having dreams about Kumoricon..
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:23:32 am »
And I've never even been there so it's weird...another weird thing I'm in the cosplay i first wanted to do, but I'm not doing anymore >,<

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: I keep having dreams about Kumoricon..
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:17:17 am »
Just don't get yourself to pumped up.  Your profile says you are from California.  Are you planning to attend the con this year?  If so GREAT we will be glad to have you come.  I just want to give you a bit of advice.  Don't start imagining how great it will be.  If you start doing that, then you are guaranteed to be dissapointed in the real thing, and it will ruin the whole experience for you.  NOTHING is as great as what we can imagine or dream.  On the other hand, if you don't expect a lot, when you show up you have a great time because then everything is better than you expected.

California has some of the LARGEST cons in the US.  If you have attended any of those, you may think Portland is tiny.  You may also think Portland is more fun because it isn't as crowded.  It all has to do with perspective.

In the end.  Pleasant dreams.  Don't get to wild with your cosplay, and remember, it is cosplay, you can't really fly and shoot beams of energy, and hypnotise people, and cut bullets with a katana, that is all make believe.  But you can dream about it all you want.   ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:44:19 am »
Hahaha..you think i live in a city...? I live on the border to Oregon and I live in the middle of no where..Portland is closer than any of the Cons in California from where i live. another thing..most of my dream was just playing red rover and being squished...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:45:34 am by Kallika »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 03:04:09 am »
I frequently have con-attending dreams, including to cons I have not been to (though usually it is just a vague anime con and not supposed to be any specific con). It's a good sign of looking forward to it!
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 03:12:01 am »
I used to think I was just having very long, memorable dreams.  Then I realized I was just winding up working cons every few weeks without really paying attention. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 07:54:21 pm »
I had this really crazy dream about K-Con a few days ago.

Infinite floors. . @_@
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 08:01:02 pm »
I always start having "con dreams" as the convention gets closer.
For me, it must seem to be getting closer to me, cause I had my first Kumoricon dream last night, lol.
Hmm... I still remember saying I had my first con dream for last years con... where does the time fly?  :o

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 08:11:13 pm »
Yeah, this is my first con and I'm really excited..I've never even been to Portland..i feel I'm going to get lost and I'm scared >,<

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 01:05:02 pm »
I had a scary dream about K-con...*shudders*

I was running with my friends to the hotel, but in my dream it was more like the park from last years. And then all of a sudden I hit this invisible wall like in video games where you can't go out of the borders. But my friends kept going...So I started banging on the invisible forcefield and no one could see me. Then woke up.

I had another dream where I woke up one morning to go to school and my friend was there and said "what the heck are you doing? Today's kumoricon. Why aren't you getting in your cosplay?" Then I'm all what? and I thought I hadn't finished my cosplays, but when I looked in my closet they were there, all done. Then me and my friend poofed to K-con. Then I woke up!

;Dthey were both really weird, and I always have more K-con dreams...
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 10:26:54 pm »
I just daydream about K-con... [long pause] I just did again... :P lol
And so it begins...