Author Topic: Tales of... '09!  (Read 21973 times)

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
Tales of... '09!
« on: April 25, 2009, 02:56:34 pm »
Howdy all! Just wondering if there's anyone else out there planning to cosplay from the tales of... series. I'll hopefully be bringing 5 tales costumes with me this year, so I figure if there are others out there, we should plan some photoshoots etc. I'll be Sheena from Symphonia, Natalia from abyss, Dist from abyss, Norma from legendia and Alice from symphonia 2. I'll also have a couple friends along with me who will be Jade/Dist/Moses/Emil and Noishe/Tokunaga/Luna/Aska. So, any other fanatics out there?
Kumoricon '09:

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
Re: Tales of... '09!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 03:00:42 pm »
I'm going to cosplay Klarth from Tales of Phantasia, and possibly Decus from Tales of Symphonia 2 (depending if I have enough time/money to make the costume or not, I might just have this one for SakuraCon '10). =]
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »
I'll be cosplaying as Keele again.

Offline ladyknightsgrace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 09:12:39 pm »
I may bring out Anise if my friend gets Tokunaga finished.  I hope to cut my bangs by fall this year too *crosses fingers*.
Most Recent Cosplays as of June '11:
Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)
Taiwan (APH)
Sakuma Jirou (Inazuma Eleven)

Offline dragoness

• Cabbit
    • My dA
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:37:23 pm »
I'll be coming as Kratos, Yuri, Luke, aaaand, Maybe Celsius (depending on if I finish Flynn for my sister on time) and my sister will be going as Lloyd and Flynn.

:D
Kratos 100%
Mad Hatter 100%
Prince 95%

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 03:41:17 am »
I'll be Shirley again, in her aLtErNaTe CoStUmE...

Not the one you buy in the grade shop.  The plot one. 

It's like.  Not as much % done as I would like. <3
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 06:48:21 am »
I'll be Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia, and [insert secret Tales cosplayer here:], and If that doesn't work out, I'll be cosplaying as Tear Grants! :3 From Tales of the Abyss. n.n

A friend of mine will be going as Lloyd, hopefully. I'm going to see if she can be Asch too. xD
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Shadowfate

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 05:58:22 pm »
If I can rig one up, I'll bring Jade's Evil Fonist? costume, and I'll probably bring default whether or not Evil Fonist? is done yet.
It mostly depends on if I can find any good pictures (and my ps2 memory card for that matter).
Costumes for Kumoricon 2009:

Jade - Tales of the Abyss (Default and Evil Fonist?)

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 05:08:36 pm »
I think most of you know this, but I'm going to be:

Luke Fon Fabre
Zelos Wilder
Richter Abend
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline crystalamaris

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 10:18:25 pm »
If I finish the outfit in time, and if I have the money to go, I shall go as Peony the IX. If I can't finish Peony, I might show up as either Chester Barklight or Zelos Wilder. But that's only on several conditions.

1) I finish the costumes
2) I can get the time off work.
3) I can find a place to stay
4) I can find a way to get down there, and back.
5) Money

I might have a place to stay... if I'm lucky. Any of the costumes shouldn't be too difficult to finish if I stop procrastinating. Greyhound would probably work for getting there and back. Now... convincing my manager to give me the time off, along with time off in April for SakuraCon is another thing... And I suck at saving money.
Not quite here, but not quite there.

Impromt photographer (Watch out. I like taking pictures of people who are not ready.)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 02:16:21 am »
This is gonna be a good gathering. It'll be cool to see the new costumes for this year, especially the cosplays or Richter and Norma.

Offline Liarino

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 08:51:16 pm »
I have my Zelos costume ready as per-usual, but this year I have my very own sheena coming. We might have an Emil and Seles coming as well.
Convention 2013
Sakuracon
Fanime
Anime Revolution

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 10:29:32 pm »
Okay, our Jade found out about the surprise, so I guess I can properly say everything that I'm going to cosplay.

Zelos Wilder - Tales of Symphonia
Luke fon Fabre - Tales of the Abyss
Richter Abend - Tales of Symphonia 2
Emperor Peony IX - Tales of the Abyss (this was going to be a surprise, but... oh well)

I may or may not wear Zelos much depending on how many others there are of him. Also, I'm tired of finding a bunch of pictures of me as Zelos after the con, and none of my other cosplays.

Since it's summer, I feel like I should bring this up. Are we going to have a photoshoot at all? If so, would it be Symphonia, Abyss, Legendia, or a different tales game?
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 11:04:54 pm »
I was sort of wondering about photoshoots as well. I'd like to suggest Symphonia and Abyss, since those seem to be the most popular. Legendia is mostly all just one group of people and I think we're planning to do a photoshoot, but it's not gonna be all that big. I mean, obviously, if there's another legendia cosplayer/group other than us, by all means let's have a shoot, but other than that it'll probably just be us romping around taking photos and it probably won't be an official time/day. It doesn't seem like there will be enough of vesperia/phantasia/destiny to have an official photoshoot for them either, but if I'm wrong please disregard my babbling.
Kumoricon '09:

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 02:49:15 am »
I'd love there to be a general Tales of shoot for those who are not of Symphonia or Abyss (although they're welcome to come, too).
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 01:32:58 pm »
But then we have the problem of three photoshoots. Last Kumoricon, only one really worked out, and that one was questionable anyway. What if we turn either the Symphonia or Abyss photoshoot into a general tales shoot?
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 01:50:56 pm »
that could work. I figured they would all be something along those lines just oriented toward one or the other. We could have a shoot for a sort of general tales of as well, though.
Kumoricon '09:

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 11:14:17 am »
I like the idea of a general Tales Photoshoot. I think that would work perfectly! :3
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 03:43:44 pm »
Does anyone know when the schedule comes out? That way we could plan it around big events and stuff.

Oh, that reminds me. I'm thinking of taking up a project that I started last year, which would be the little emocon bubbles that the Tales characters always have. Would other people be interested in using those? I'd like to know so that I could print out more copies, and get more of the headbands with the springs on top.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 04:08:49 pm by Sennyo-Chan »
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 08:59:43 am »
I believe the Schedule should be coming really soon, since it's July and all. O:

I think that's a great idea! =D We could use those for our Photoshoots and such.

Also, for all of the people that are cosplaying characters with wings; (Colette, Mithos, Kratos, Zelos, etc.) I found a Wing tutorial that I plan on using to make my wings!

Here's the link if anybody is interested.
http://yamane.deviantart.com/art/ToS-Angel-Wing-Tutorial-109589744

So, how are every ones Cosplays coming along? O:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 06:18:18 pm »
Hmhm!

I plan on cosplaying as:

Jay [Tales of Legendia]
Karol [Tales of Vesperia]
Raven [Tales of Vesperia]

The last two are only possibilities, but yeah ._.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 10:05:34 am »

I plan on cosplaying as:

Jay [Tales of Legendia]

hooray! another legendian! Are you by any chance our Shirley's friend who she mentioned might cosplay Jay? I remember she mentioned that one of her friends might do it, but if that's not you, you can totally ignore this bit. I'm so excited for more legendia cosplays!

I making very slow progress on Alice. Too afraid to cut anything out XD. And I finally ordered all my vinyl for norma so that should be here in a few days as well as my wigs and my new Natalia wig. Had to get a new one... the old one was just... yuck. So... how's everyone doing, cosplay wise?
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 03:22:29 pm »
hooray! another legendian! Are you by any chance our Shirley's friend who she mentioned might cosplay Jay? I remember she mentioned that one of her friends might do it, but if that's not you, you can totally ignore this bit. I'm so excited for more legendia cosplays!
Yes, that's me : D

I believe we talked as well.

Anywho.

Karol probably isn't going to work, but I'm still considering Raven.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 08:07:36 pm »
I'm working on Colette pretty well, My dad and I are making progress on the wings. I'm supposed to be ordering my wig soon, so everything should work out.

o_o I forgot you we're doing Alice... Don't whip me! XD

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 08:37:13 pm »
Salehthesage: oh, yes indeed! I remember now! Well, I'm looking forward to derping around with you!

gwar: no worries, I'm not sure how to make my whip yet, so you don't have to worry about impromptu whipping yet. XD Sounds like you're having fun with the wings!
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 08:51:16 pm »
Salehthesage: oh, yes indeed! I remember now! Well, I'm looking forward to derping around with you!

gwar: no worries, I'm not sure how to make my whip yet, so you don't have to worry about impromptu whipping yet. XD Sounds like you're having fun with the wings!

A derping Jay doesn't sound too Jay like.

But who cares?!

Yes. We shall have fun derping.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 08:55:00 pm »
well, you never know... I guess the closest to derping (whatever that is...) is when he does that weird dance at the end of battles...
Kumoricon '09:

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 10:48:14 pm »

Oh yes, It's very complicated so far. @~@ It's the wire we are having problems with... I hope we get the wings finished soon!

Yay!! XD Peskie-Colettie is safe! for now.... x-x

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 11:46:56 pm »
well, you never know... I guess the closest to derping (whatever that is...) is when he does that weird dance at the end of battles...
Ha ha.

I'll do that then.

You gotta sing the Norma song though > >
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 11:49:51 pm »
NORMA'S THE BEST EVER YEAH!
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 11:57:11 pm »
NORMA'S THE BEST EVER YEAH!

*late dance*

I want a pic of that xD

KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 12:03:51 am »
omgyes! also, video? and the moses happy dance, we gotta get our moses to do the dance!
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 12:06:50 am »
omgyes! also, video? and the moses happy dance, we gotta get our moses to do the dance!
Oh shi-

Video? >////<

Yes to the Moses happy dance.
-goes to watch for more funny after battle Legendia moments-
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 10:48:46 am »
I'm hoping to get my friend to come with me and if he does you will have Raine and Genis of Symphonia joining you.
I just need to finish my cosplay and I need to make sure that I can even go, then my friend and I still need to pre-reg.... But we're hoping to go! I have high hopes for my other friend, but I don't think he can finish his Lloyd or even go to the con.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2015!
Kano Shuuya - Kagerou Project/Mekaku City Actors (100%)
Castiel - Supernatural (100%)
Ruby - RWBY (0%)
Gold (with goggles) - Pokemon Adevntures/Special (100%)

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 04:01:53 pm »
Haha, I'm actually failing pretty badly at my cosplays. I've got my glasses for Richter, but I still have to take the tops off of them and pop out the lenses. I have the shirt and gloves, but I've only started to sew the coat, and I haven't even started on the pants or shoes. I have the wig, but I still have to straighten it.

Peony is even worse; no wig, no pants, no undershirt (but fabric for it), no shoes, half of his over shirt, and no jewelry. Also, no tan foundation. Because I'm WAY too pale to try to pull of Peony without any makeup assistance. Things will progress once I get my pay check from work. XD

Yay Raine and Genis!
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 04:54:52 pm »
I'm not sure if I'll be able to come as Klarth due to time/money constraints...but I'm still going to try.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 05:43:36 pm »
hooray for Raine and Genis!

SK: aww, that's too bad! I was looking forward to seeing Klarth! I hope it all comes together

I really gotta start working more too... I think I'm gonna try to draft the pattern for Alice's coat tonight or tomorrow, but we'll see how motivated I get. I wish I could work on norma or my wigs but, alas, I have yet to receive them... damn slow shipping...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:47:57 pm by Posiee-chan »
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 11:07:07 am »
Yay Raine and Genis! I at first was thinking of Collet because I'm a klutz like her, but then I went for Raine so that way I can beat my friend (Genis) up and get away with it.  ;D
Ruby - RWBY (0%)

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2009, 02:18:10 pm »
so, about a month to the con... how's everyone doing cosplay wise? I've started work on Norma finally and I'm making good progress. got the dress pretty much constructed and now it's time to applique the hell out of it! I got all my wigs too, so I'm in the process of curling my new natalia wig and pretty much everything else is good the way it came, so that's a relief.

as it's so close to the con, I figure we might want to start discussing photoshoot options. From past experience, general tales shoots end up with a bunch of people from different games together with nothing to shoot. I'm not opposed to having a general tales gathering, but I would like to have some specific ones as well. Those generally culminate in lots of fun and hilarity. I think symphonia and abyss have the most cosplayers at this point. if I'm wrong, please point that out to me; I may have missed something.

so, as soon as the schedule comes out (has a preliminary one been released yet?) I'd suggest we start talk about when/where to gather.
Kumoricon '09:

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2009, 07:17:36 pm »
I was just stopping in to ask if you have a time planed for a photo shoot. I am putting together a schedule and am hoping to give it to the staff to have at the info booth (like last year) so other people know when and where it is as well. If you have a time and place set please post it here.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:22:24 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009, 10:48:54 am »
I'm very slowly getting around to finishing my Raine, turns out I do have a Lloyd, he says that he has everything but the gloves, and the boots and he won't show my the costume.  : ( But I will be able to see it at the con. : )
Ruby - RWBY (0%)

Offline Cold Hearted

• Cabbit
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 05:49:00 pm »
Considering Kirk Thornton is a guest, I will have Jade Curtiss from ToAbyss done in time for the con. x3 I think I know some of you, yes? It seems like other Tales games are picking up in popularity, too.
Cosplays for '09:
-TYL Hibari Kyouya - Katekyou Hitman Reborn!
-Jade Curtiss - Tales of the Abyss
-TYL Yamamoto (with baseball bat) - Reborn!

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 12:24:11 am »
I heard that the con schedule will be posted this weekend.

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 11:11:39 am »
Yeah, Klarth is not going to happen this year. T_T
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 11:29:08 am »
Noooo!!!!!! DD:

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2009, 04:27:43 pm »
Noooo!!!!!! DD:

D= Yes.

I'll just have to try again next year!
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2009, 04:41:47 pm »
alrighty, I did some tallying of cosplayers, and symphonia comes out with some very large number (by which I mean somewhere areound 15) and abyss comes out second with 10. Legendia's about 5 and vesperia's 4 (I added one, since I saw someone around the forums who was gonna be estelle... she hasn't posted here yet, though). the other games have 1 or 2, but not enough to make a photoshoot out of. so I'd like to suggest that (once the schedule is released) that we have a symphonia shoot and abyss shoot (and maybe a general shoot tacked on to each?) one on saturday and one on sunday? I'd say we should have the abyss one on the same day as kirk thornton's autographing session or something.

My legendia group has organized our own photoshoot just for ourselves, pretty much (although if there are any legendia cosplayers lurking, it's on sunday at 8ish due to our shirl and senny's artist alley obligations). It's just something we're gonna randomly do, so it's not an official photoshoot or anything. If you're cosplaying from one of the games with a small amount of cosplayers, maybe organizing your own mini shoot like this would be a good idea? I dunno... just a thought.

@Ino13: I know this is kinda weird to ask, but do you have a cosplay.com and if so, is it the same as your username here?
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Bull777

• Oni
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 01:20:11 pm »
D'aaw. So many Tales cosplayers. I might be Asch or Lloyd next year. D:
Avatar created by me, no stealin'. D<
Planned cosplays for 2010 and beyond;
Hakurei Reimu (Touhou Project)
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Rika Furude (Higurashi)

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 01:26:15 pm »
C.C!!!!!!!! XD Hiyo hiyo.

My current cosplay progress is going alright for the most part.
The wiring fell off unfortunately D:
But I hope to get the finished before the convention! >_<

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 02:43:14 pm »
D'aaw. So many Tales cosplayers. I might be Asch or Lloyd next year. D:

<3 for asch! (there always seems to be a lack of god-generals...)

@gwar: aww, that sucks! I hope it works out... Colette with wings would be oh so epic
Kumoricon '09: