Author Topic: Shaping up for the con?  (Read 116924 times)

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Re: Shaping up for the con?
« Reply #550 on: June 09, 2009, 10:37:01 am »
I think today I'm going to work out at the IMA one last time before I leave Seattle. It'll be the last time I'm here at UW, sad. ;-;
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #551 on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:57 am »
Watching a True Life episode on girls whose breasts are "too big" and now I suddenly feel the need to workout, I have no clue why I watch these things when all they do is frustrate me XD

So now I'm inspired to go to the gym instead of doing just a walk/jog today... It's my first time going to the gym alone so I'm not all too excited about it, but it should be fine.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:53:26 am by Dubaby »
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #552 on: June 09, 2009, 11:21:19 am »
Going to the gym alone is actually kind of nice. I do it all the time. You can decide when you want to go, how long you want to be there for, and when you wanna leave. But having a friend go along is also nice.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #553 on: June 09, 2009, 11:36:40 am »
That is the nice thing. I typically want to stay longer than my friends do.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #554 on: June 09, 2009, 11:56:18 am »
Erin's the only one that goes to the gym with me on a normal basis, and we're entertained for about an hour or so. My sister went once and wanted to leave after 15 minutes. DX Anna and I go and stay for generally about an hour and a half, which is nice, too. But that's cause the IMA is so gigantic, there's a lot of stuff to do. I've been wanting to rockclimb there for a while, but it costs money. XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #555 on: June 09, 2009, 12:21:28 pm »
Really? It doesn't cost money to rock climb here, but you have to take a class to do it. You can boulder, which is basically the same thing but without the rope and you can't go as high.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #556 on: June 09, 2009, 12:31:38 pm »
Well it's free for the students, but since I'm a guest I have to pay. DX
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #557 on: June 09, 2009, 12:32:57 pm »
Oh I see....not sure if you would have to pay here or not =/

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #558 on: June 09, 2009, 01:13:25 pm »
yay yesterday i rested from 2 days of intense workouts and now im' gonna work out today yup

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #559 on: June 09, 2009, 02:01:38 pm »
So Sayda and Nikki are right, going to the gym alone is actually really nice!

Stayed for a little over an hour and it was nice to not have to make sure everyone else with me was ready to go or having to leave after only half an hour (that's always the worst....)

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #560 on: June 09, 2009, 02:14:35 pm »
bleh, my cold got worse today, so I left school early and came home to sleep. I feel better than this morning, but still worse than yesterday. :P I hope I feel better in time for the beach trip...
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #561 on: June 09, 2009, 02:29:20 pm »
ooh i might get a cold....sux cuz my stupid sister is sick and keeps coughing on me o.O oh well....so far just a meer cough here and there and a runny nose lol. but ya just got back from running a few mintues ago. i feel refreshed.

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #562 on: June 09, 2009, 03:14:40 pm »
Still sick.
Still telling myself I'm not gonna work out becuase I'm sick.
Still making up weak excuses.
Still in SCHOOL.
Still really, really tired. ;__________;

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #563 on: June 09, 2009, 03:49:32 pm »
Started yoga today in aerobics. It's okay for the balance and flexibility training, but...
I like more intense work outs better. xDD
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #564 on: June 09, 2009, 03:51:02 pm »
woot feels good soooo sore (not really lol) but ya. i hope i slim down asap for the the goldeen costume its gonna be soo cool.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #565 on: June 09, 2009, 03:53:19 pm »
Actually, depending on what type of work out you do, you might not "slim down". Some work outs are more for the over all health of your body and not the body shape. Although it would be nice if I could be a bit on the skinny side, I know that probably isn't going to happen. As long as I'm physically fit and don't get out of breath every time I run around the block, I'm good.
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #566 on: June 09, 2009, 04:00:25 pm »
running and sit ups are good if you want to work on triming the tummy line like I am : o but i try to focus on my whole body.

things like Yoga, which I do every morning, are more like to keep your body flexable and in balance. my strength training tones my muscles to prevent flab so i wont have rolls when I sit down. and the running I do on weekends helps tone my waist line so I can go down a few pant sizes. i like to do a multitude of things cause I dont want to be a paper thing sheet of paper like some girls I know : o I have hips and I like em thank you very much. so instead of dieting and becoming fashion modely, I train and work out building muscle to look more healthy.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #567 on: June 09, 2009, 04:08:37 pm »
If you want to lose inches off your waist then you should run or swim. You wont be able to see toned muscles if your not at a certain body fat %

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #568 on: June 09, 2009, 04:23:18 pm »
ya i do a **** load of situps and arm workouts then i go running. really intense stuff.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #569 on: June 09, 2009, 04:26:06 pm »
Yesss! Running is the best exercise your body can get. It's also the hardest, but I've been running for a week, and already I'm seeing results. I haven't been on a scale since Friday, but I can already tell I weigh less.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #570 on: June 09, 2009, 04:42:37 pm »
Finals suck, I can't work out again until the 17th.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #571 on: June 09, 2009, 05:28:45 pm »
wooh my highschool ends in 2 days! i'm trying to get up to 3 miles a day soo far soo good. on friday i'm gonna run 3 miles again yay!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #572 on: June 09, 2009, 05:54:28 pm »
Yesss! Running is the best exercise your body can get. It's also the hardest, but I've been running for a week, and already I'm seeing results. I haven't been on a scale since Friday, but I can already tell I weigh less.
Not true.  First of all, there is no universal "best" exercise.  Running doesn't accomplish anything I'm looking for at the optimal rate.  Running burns a lot of calories and improves your cardio-vascular system, but there are a lot of people out there who aren't looking to burn calories, like myself.  Not everyone here is out to lose weight.  I exercise in order to gain weight and bulk up in targeted muscle regions, and also to improve my stamina.  Running is also not the hardest exercise by any means.  Endurance weightlifting is.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #573 on: June 09, 2009, 06:06:27 pm »
I'm going off of what we were talking about involving weight loss, and losing inches, not gaining muscle.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #574 on: June 09, 2009, 06:29:09 pm »
i just need to come up with a routine and un pack my ddr i Just have been under a lot of stress lately and it is exhausting at least as exercise is but with out the weight loss
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #575 on: June 09, 2009, 06:31:46 pm »
So my new plan is to burn at least 800 in cardio every day I workout. I've been doing good on that so far, but now to keep it up, haha.

And I wish I could run, I know it'd do wonders for me because it kills me instantly. My knees are just way too shot for me to be running though. I can do the elliptical though. It is just the constant pounding pressure of running that I feel like my knees can't handle. *shrug* Oh well. I hate running anyway, haha

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #576 on: June 09, 2009, 06:43:21 pm »
Wooow awesome job Rodney. I would never be able to burn 800 a day just at the gym. x.x; I don't like running either, but it really works for me, so I figure if I just do it for 10 - 15 minutes a day, or at least get to a mile, then I should be good.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #577 on: June 09, 2009, 06:55:31 pm »
Yeah, great job to you too, Marie! Even in little bits, if you're consistent it will do great things for you. ^_^ What gym do you work out at now?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2009, 07:23:08 pm »
I try to burn a lot of calories. When I really go at it I can burn about 500 in 30 minutes.....but after that I am dead x.x Though I am not sure if I could do that now due to the lack of being as in shape.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:23:30 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2009, 07:33:47 pm »
the most calories i can count burning was about 1000.... I was walking up hill on my tredmill that marks the calories ive lost. i was just walking for most of it and joging the rest. i put an anime dvd in with about five episodes, first episode walk slow pace, second walk fast pace, third try to jog till first brake then take a breather untill fourth then jog again till half. after that i just walked at a flat surface for the last episode. : ) I was dead beat by the end of it, but really when i look at it 1000 over a period of roughly 2.5 hours isnt all that much. but it was pretty hard and my legs felt like jello afterwords.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2009, 08:11:02 pm »
I went swimming + did some aqua aerobics 2day! It's fun teaching someone how to do it but she didn't know how to swim. LOL. I swear she was trying to drown me....but we worked out in the water for an hour! YAY!  Now I gotta get back to studying for finals! boooo... ^_^
And so it begins...

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #581 on: June 09, 2009, 08:39:09 pm »
Yeah, great job to you too, Marie! Even in little bits, if you're consistent it will do great things for you. ^_^ What gym do you work out at now?

That's what I thought, too. I go to the George Fox gym in Newberg. But since I'm up in Seattle on the UW campus, I just go to their gym, the IMA as a guest to workout. I'm back in Oregon tomorrow, so I'll start going to George Fox again.

I try to burn a lot of calories. When I really go at it I can burn about 500 in 30 minutes.....but after that I am dead x.x Though I am not sure if I could do that now due to the lack of being as in shape.

Wow. That is intense. x.x; I usually burn about 250 - 350 in that amount of time. XD But then again, you've been working out a lot longer then I have.

I'm proud of myself, though. I can reach my toes now without anything hurting, and I can run about 6 mph for 15 minutes easily and hit a mile in less then 10. >8D
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #582 on: June 09, 2009, 08:53:55 pm »
xD just realized i had wayyyy to little to eat today. uh im gonna go grab some veggies : 3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2009, 10:10:55 am »
I'm proud of myself, though. I can reach my toes now without anything hurting, and I can run about 6 mph for 15 minutes easily and hit a mile in less then 10. >8D

Awesome, Marie. *thumbs up* ^_^ Keep up the great work. I remember last time I actually ran a mile, it was for school and it took my like 15 minutes, lol. Ah, gooood times, haha

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #584 on: June 10, 2009, 11:34:35 am »
Thanks! I think this is my best time so far. It use to take me about that time, sometimes even longer to run a mile. DX
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #585 on: June 10, 2009, 12:10:56 pm »
haha, well, glad to hear you're making progress. I can't run it, but I can definitely "climb" a mile (or whatever the elliptical simulates, heh). When I do my routine and do an hour on the elliptical I usually get about 4 miles done, pretty decent for my body type, I think.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #586 on: June 10, 2009, 12:21:12 pm »
wow tahts pretty good ._.

im tired D: been up since five and i wont ahve a chance to do my strength training tonight TT_TT *tear* well Im bringing my Wii to my friends house where I'm spending like three days aprently ._. so i'll workin sonme excersize when were not on the four wheeler or hunting to find our meadow again.... (damn trees blocked the path so now we gotta find a new one)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #587 on: June 10, 2009, 12:30:29 pm »
Yeah, I did most of the yoga today, but I'm gonig to Vancover in a few hours, so I've been packing..

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #588 on: June 10, 2009, 12:34:08 pm »
vancover? : o visiting your mom?

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #589 on: June 10, 2009, 12:41:51 pm »
Yup yup. :3
Sahara's coming too, but she's only staying until Sunday..

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #590 on: June 10, 2009, 01:33:36 pm »
I feel a lot better today. I think I can start to exercise to tomorrow. ;D

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #591 on: June 10, 2009, 01:54:15 pm »
Glad that you're feeling better Nya! =]

So I decided to go to this class at my gym that's supposed to get you your "ideal bikini body," which was amazing, and now my legs feel like jelly..... It was a good mix of core work and aerobics that I really liked.

I've noticed though that since I'm always significantly younger than the other people in my classes that the instructor always decides that it's funny to make the me do an extra set of plank stands or twice as many pushups because I'm "young and spry." lol. Awesome in the long run, but super lame when I'm hot and my body feels like lead XD. haha

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #592 on: June 10, 2009, 01:56:19 pm »
Thank you ;D I think the nap, coming home from school early, and my Strawberry C monster pulled me through xD I forgot to gargle the salt water though.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #593 on: June 10, 2009, 02:45:40 pm »
I GET TO PLAY FREAKING SOCCER TODAY! I can't wait.....I should find all my gear >_>;;;

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #594 on: June 10, 2009, 07:50:52 pm »
this suck, i got sick really bad and now i cnat work out till i get better! T___T

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #595 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:50 pm »
I was not good today. Didn't work out and I had a Blizzard from Dairy Queen.

I'll get back on tomorrow.  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #596 on: June 10, 2009, 11:13:06 pm »
I played soccer today and it was hard. I have been coughing for the past few hours x.x

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #597 on: June 11, 2009, 12:13:53 am »
I worked out today, but then afterward I felt bad and went out to dinner with my mother and my sister. Cause I never go out to eat with them. DX
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #598 on: June 11, 2009, 06:33:37 am »
Yeah I had McDonalds and cake yesterday >_>;

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl