Author Topic: Shaping up for the con?  (Read 116841 times)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Re: Shaping up for the con?
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2009, 10:14:13 pm »
Ah, really?
-Goes to get snacks-
Oh, but I've also heard that eating too late is bad for you.
-Goes to put snacks back-

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2009, 10:16:31 pm »
eat a little protien before bed with a glass of milk : ) and when you get up first thing you do is grab a small snack (milk or protien bar) before you start the day to kick start your metabolisum. trick it into thinking your gonna be eating a lot and it goes into hyper mode.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2009, 10:17:33 pm »
You shouldn't eat two hours before you go to bed.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2009, 10:18:40 pm »
Ah, you guys have so much great advice.~ 8D

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2009, 10:18:51 pm »
what chihiro said. When you eat before bed or exercising(remember, small amounts) it revs your metabolism into high gear and then it burns even more calories. and actually your suppose to eat a high cal breakfast but only if you know your going to be doing a lot of things all day. and I say school or work is a good excuse for that.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2009, 10:20:21 pm »
The thing with eating before bed is that it doesn't have a chance to digest and then will sit in your stomach and turn into fat instead of being turned into energy.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2009, 10:33:21 pm »
I thought that myth got busted? Anyways I've heard that a snack is a snack, you're going to gain as much weight from eating food before bed as you would in the middle of the day. Just eat when you're hungry, I always eat something before bed because I get hungry again around ten and I've always been in decent shape. But I eat something like an apple and not cookies.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2009, 10:56:30 pm »
...I'm so screwed.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2009, 11:02:06 pm »
I took a walk yesterday, and ended up running up all the hills. A few people told me I was crazy. XD I think I was though, cause I thought I was gonna pass out then and there. x.x;
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

oslapedo

« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2009, 11:03:57 pm »

I don't eat three hours before I go to bed, I read in a MD magazine that that was generally the best amount of time time to give your digestive system to uh... digest ;3

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2009, 05:37:38 am »

I don't eat three hours before I go to bed, I read in a MD magazine that that was generally the best amount of time time to give your digestive system to uh... digest ;3
i ussualy have like a couple apple slices with milk or something, it just helps me sleep and its not really bad food thats going to turn into a bunch of fat. what nikki said has some truth to it so you dont eat a big meal before sleep. but some food right before you excerisize and before you sleep can help you : )

any who its 5:30 so that means YOGA TIME FOR CHI!

I bid you all ado!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2009, 06:56:55 am »
see I actually believe eating before bed helps. I tend to get hungry an hour or so before bed so I eat a light snack so I can actually fall asleep. Then I don't wake up hungry in the morning. If I didn't eat before bed, I'd still be hungry in the morning. Your body's still working while your asleep, just not as much. So you'll still digest the food that's in there but just not as quickly as normal so make it small and light.
da/tumblr

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2009, 07:02:32 am »
there you go tofu thats the right idea : D

but yeah just dont eat a tone. >_> and still eat breakfast when you get up!!!!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2009, 08:22:35 am »
Well....its not good if you are waking up not hungry, you need breakfast to jump start your day and give you energy for the rest of the day. So given the choice I rather go to bed hungry and have a good breakfast than go to bed right after eating a snack.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2009, 12:36:57 pm »
It is bad to eat before you sleep. Because the food you ate doesn't digest properly, and your body stores it as fat. That's why people have such a hard time at night not eating. Usually because they're bored, or want something before they sleep. There's a reason why breakfast is called breakfast. It's breaking the fast that your body's been on while you sleep. You're supposed to wake up feeling hungry, and having something healthy before you start the day boosts your metabolism. When you go to bed with food in your system, you break the whole meaning of breakfast. So ah.. don't eat before you go to bed kids! I know it's hard, but just drink some water or something to fill you up.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2009, 12:41:16 pm »
yup yup yup what she said. Oh yeah that is another thing, your body thinks it hungry when it is dehydrated. So if you feel hungry trying drinking some water, if you still feel hungry then eat.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:42:17 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2009, 02:23:37 pm »
So my mom decided a little while ago to cut out soda from her diet just to see what would happen, and after a few weeks she's lost over 15 pounds. Note that this is totally without changing her food intake or any added exercise. I've cut myself down to only one soda a day if I have any at all and I've noticed that it's really helping me thin out too.

The biggest problem I've been having is that my friends aren't always the healthiest bunch, and quiet a few of my friends are actually heckling me for trying to lose weight which can make it harder to follow through sometimes....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:24:12 pm by Dubaby »
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2009, 02:37:09 pm »
I've noticed that the soda habit is bad with a lot of people. My mother never bought us soda when we were kids, and not even now. The only time we get it is during a party. Other then that, when we got out every once in a while, at the movies, etc. is when we get soda. It's really not hard to stop buying soda, you just don't buy it at the grocery store when you go! XD

But I know what you mean about the friend thing. I have a friend who constantly eats and is hungry, and I'm nothing like that. I've been avoiding him for the past month or so, and I've slimmed down a bit. I feel bad, but avoiding people who are kind of like an enabler for food is the best thing you can do.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2009, 02:55:30 pm »
It is bad to eat before you sleep. Because the food you ate doesn't digest properly, and your body stores it as fat. That's why people have such a hard time at night not eating. Usually because they're bored, or want something before they sleep. There's a reason why breakfast is called breakfast. It's breaking the fast that your body's been on while you sleep. You're supposed to wake up feeling hungry, and having something healthy before you start the day boosts your metabolism. When you go to bed with food in your system, you break the whole meaning of breakfast. So ah.. don't eat before you go to bed kids! I know it's hard, but just drink some water or something to fill you up.

DUN DUN DUN... wrong.

Myth was disproved a while back and proved bunk similar to things like 80% of your body heat escaping from your head. Your digest quite a bit  and burn calories while sleeping. Breakfast is because you are breaking the night fast, since you haven't eaten for 7-9 hours.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2009, 03:25:11 pm »
Ok well even if that is true look at it this way. If you don't eat at night you are putting more energy out than taking in and that is what causes you to lose weight. Though you could end up burning muscle that way...Let me try to explain that better, lets say you but 200 calories in your sleep (I have no idea what it really is) and you eat a 200 calorie snack before bed, you wind up equal and just burning off the snack. Now if you don't eat anything before bed you burn 200 calories total instead of just burning off what you ate before bed.

Something that I have found to help me out is protein drinks. I have been drinking them after every workout and I do feel like I can lift more. One day I could barely do 20 shoulder raises and the next day I did 35 and felt like I could have done them with heavier weights, it could be due to the fact that I strengthened my muscles but I am sure it is a combined effect of my muscles getting stronger and the protein. Also they fill me up, a meal for 250 calories, can't beat that.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2009, 03:31:11 pm »
Yeah what Nichole said about the sleeping and eating thing. Pretty much, the less you eat and the more you exercise, the more weight you'll lose in the end. That's really what it comes down to. I personally don't like going to bed full. If you eat dinner around seven, and go to bed around ten or eleven, then you should be fine for food. If you know you're going to be hungry, then maybe eat something around eight thirty or nine so your body will have time to digest.

I like the Odwala drinks a lot. They fill you up and they're good for you. I also like the V8 Splash drinks, they're good, too. X3
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2009, 03:40:04 pm »
I usually get a snack around 8 and we eat dinner around 5 here. When I am back home it is a little different >_>

And Odwala is very good and so far I love all the Muscle Milks. I may end up buying a case of them soon ;D

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2009, 03:46:47 pm »
No offense guys, but you are way off here. First off, if you are curious about the myth of pre-bed eating, check out http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/755705.html and http://www.aolhealth.com/medical-myths/medical-myths-eating-before-bed.

Eating less and exercising more is a good idea if you already eat too much, but it isn't as simple as pure calories. If you exercise a lot and eat less you could just be doing more harm than good. You need calories for energy! Don't cut back on eating and feel hungry, that is just plain ignorant. Eat more starch and good things, stuff that acts as better fuel for exercise. Work out an hour a day, every day. Focus your exercise on the area you want to improve; Weights if you want muscle gain, jogging/swimming for fat loss and endurance, or any other combination there of.

Losing weight isn't a simple "I eat less, now I am healthier and in better shape." Don't diet, don't read dieting books, unless you want to feel s***** and get an eating disorder.

(edit - One other thing that I haven't seen being brought up is eating more smaller meals. Spreading out your 3 standard meals into 5-6 smaller meals can be beneficial, but I don't have a good link to a study for that.)

[Moderator edit (JeffT): Replace word with ***** due to inappropriate language]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:04:53 am by JeffT »

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2009, 03:55:55 pm »
No offense guys, but you are way off here. First off, if you are curious about the myth of pre-bed eating, check out http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/755705.html and http://www.aolhealth.com/medical-myths/medical-myths-eating-before-bed.

Eating less and exercising more is a good idea if you already eat too much, but it isn't as simple as pure calories. If you exercise a lot and eat less you could just be doing more harm than good. You need calories for energy! Don't cut back on eating and feel hungry, that is just plain ignorant. Eat more starch and good things, stuff that acts as better fuel for exercise. Work out an hour a day, every day. Focus your exercise on the area you want to improve; Weights if you want muscle gain, jogging/swimming for fat loss and endurance, or any other combination there of.

Losing weight isn't a simple "I eat less, now I am healthier and in better shape." Don't diet, don't read dieting books, unless you want to feel s***** and get an eating disorder.

(edit - One other thing that I haven't seen being brought up is eating more smaller meals. Spreading out your 3 standard meals into 5-6 smaller meals can be beneficial, but I don't have a good link to a study for that.)

Yes, we know, you told us. But that's why I said me personally. And I'm sure that's why Nichole decides to do the same. For me, PERSONALLY I feel better about myself if I don't eat before going to sleep. It's different for everyone.

No offense or anything, but I know plenty about exercising right, eating right, blah blah. I know all about dieting and crash diets and eating disorders. I dropped 60 pounds in 5 months from treating myself badly, not eating and exercising myself to death. So I don't really need you to tell me how to do things right. I'm pretty sure Nichole doesn't, either. She's a smart girl.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as rude, but I can't stand it when people tell me how to exercise right and eat right. That's automatically easier said then done, obviously. I've been through classes about health and exercise, and have done plenty of research. But back to the bed and eating; I personally don't do it, because it makes me feel better about eating in the morning, and keeps me motivated. X3

Tofu here; just editted the quoted portion to match Jeff's edit of that post.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:26:49 pm by DancingTofu »
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2009, 04:02:50 pm »

No offense or anything, but I know plenty about exercising right, eating right, blah blah. I know all about dieting and crash diets and eating disorders. I dropped 60 pounds in 5 months from treating myself badly, not eating and exercising myself to death. So I don't really need you to tell me how to do things right. I'm pretty sure Nichole doesn't, either. She's a smart girl.

Last I checked, I wasn't telling you what to do at all. I was merely posting articles towards the myth of pre-bed eating and the "evils" of calories. Don't take things so personally on the internet.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2009, 04:05:58 pm »
I have to side with Kyle here for a second. Reading as a bystander, Nikki and Sayda, reading your posts seemed like you kinda blew off what he had to say, and even what I had to say earlier about the matter. So don't get mad at him trying to back things up.

And you need to not come off as such a jerk when you post in things Kyle.

Let's just be nicer with our posts people, tone down how you talk on a forum, we can't hear the tone of your voice or see your body language so things are easily, and almost always, taken the wrong way.

GET ALONG TIME NOW K?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:18:46 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2009, 04:10:13 pm »
Also I have been playing soccer for 15 years and I have been told over and over about how to eat healthy and what to do for exercise. Also my mom has lost 80 pounds just by cutting calories and exercising more. I never mentioned anything about a dite. I know they don't work I just try to cut back on calories because I know that I eat way more than I should....one of the things that I eat more than I should is my snack before bed. So to lose weight calories out > calories in and in order for me to do that I need to eat less. I work out about an hour if not more a day I could do more but that can lead to injury and then I would end up GAINING wait.

So since, according to your rules, I work out enough the only thing left is to cut calories. So lets see, I cut back on soda since that is about 140 calories a can. I usually eat a candy bar at night so I figure if I don't eat anything that would be better for me than if I eat a candy bar.

So I am on the same page as Marie, I have been working out and in great shape since I was five, I don't need someone coming in and telling me how to do it. Unless you are a professional in that field I am going to go with what I have been doing all my life. Also seeing how I can leg press about 350 pounds I know how to gain muscle.

I'm just saying if I eat something when I go to bed I wake up feeling and looking bloated.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:11:09 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2009, 04:17:00 pm »
My bad, then. I'm not really sure what you were saying when you said:

Losing weight isn't a simple "I eat less, now I am healthier and in better shape." Don't diet, don't read dieting books, unless you want to feel shitty and get an eating disorder.

If what you were saying was something along the lines of saying what's in our best interest, then you probably should have put "You should cut back..." and "You shouldn't read..." Saying things like 'don't' makes it seem like you're telling me what to do.

I'm not blowing off what you said. I said that the 'myth' makes me feel better and accomplished, vs eating at night before I go to bed. But I'm done! Boogiepop knows what's up.

I was hoping that sometime today I'd play tennis again, since it's not nearly as hot out as it has been the past few days. x.x But that requires another person, which I don't have. DX
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2009, 04:18:59 pm »
Also I found this

Myth: Eating at night makes you fat.

Reality: Calories count, whenever you eat them.

There's no proof for this myth, Rosenbloom says. She notes some small studies with mixed results, tests on animals, and a belief that because eating breakfast is linked to lower BMI, eating at night isn't as good. But all in all, Rosenbloom says, it's your calorie total that matters, day or night.

Saying that calories matter. If you eat you are adding calories.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20081028/the-truth-behind-ten-diet-myths

Before I was saying that it turns to fat and I see where that can be wrong, but in a way it can be proven true for some people. Calories turn to fat when calories in is more than calories out. so if that snack put you over the edge then you are gaining weight. Simple as that.

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2009, 04:26:19 pm »
God I wish I had a wii now XD

I WANNA BE MICHAEL PHELPS. LOL He eats like 12000 calories a day D: And loses like 15 pounds in a week if he doesn't constantley shovel food.
Ah to be dedicated to a sport.

I remember when I was 11 I was in Hawaii, and me and my friend were playing volleyball. There was a DQ right next to it, so we were like "Yeah lets go get blizzards."
I ordered a medium, and there medium isn't even a size we have here. Its like 2 mediums, bigger than our large.

And I don't know how accurate this is (its from SuperSize Me (2003?) stated by a random woman on the street), but she said that in France, our small is their large, and they don't even have Extra larges.
I had my first McDonalds ever back in March with a friend. Never, ever again BLEH.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2009, 04:29:50 pm »
Everybody is different on the matter, some people need to eat more then others. Nobodies the same so our metabolisms are different as well.
Personally what I think, eat when you're hungry. Your body is telling you it needs food to keep going so give it some! Just don't feed it something that's actually going to fill it up and isn't pure crap like cookies and candy. I have to eat when I get hungry or I get really sick and nauseous, if it's not a meal I try to eat something like spinach, apples, or string cheese.

We all have different views on the matter though, this is just how I work. Different things work for different people.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:30:32 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2009, 04:30:31 pm »
Eh, I was just informed that we're having Chinese food for dinner, but I know it's pretty high in calories, and it's my favorite type of food.
What should I do guys? Heeeeeelp meeeee. xD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2009, 04:33:03 pm »
And I don't know how accurate this is (its from SuperSize Me (2003?) stated by a random woman on the street), but she said that in France, our small is their large, and they don't even have Extra larges.

It's accurate. Most other countries have smaller portion sizes then the US, we consume a lot that we shouldn't because of "expendable" income.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2009, 04:34:08 pm »
Eh, I was just informed that we're having Chinese food for dinner, but I know it's pretty high in calories, and it's my favorite type of food.
Nevermind, were having icky chinese food that I don't like, I'm good. Dx

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2009, 04:35:05 pm »
Eat a little, you can eat what ever you want just in small portions. The meat should be about the size of your fist or smaller. Same with the rice, that tends to be one portion.

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2009, 04:35:41 pm »
This isn't really that relevant to the whole eat before you sleep, but it has to do with sleep :)

First: Girls who get at least 8 and a half hours of sleep generally weigh less, so SLEEP GIRLS SLEEP. (I dunno about guys, sorry XD)

And: If you're healthy in general, eating right, excerise regularly etc., your body burns calories 24/7, so you lose weight even when you're not working out.

I would IMAGINE (thought I have nothing to back this up on, its just speculation) that it wouldn't matter when you eat. Food is food. What matters is your mentality, and what oppurtunities you choose to eat at.
I figure, even if its the other way around, its probably not a huge difference, so who cares?

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2009, 04:36:17 pm »

ITS THE SODIUM *runs*

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2009, 04:37:45 pm »

It's accurate. Most other countries have smaller portion sizes then the US, we consume a lot that we shouldn't because of "expendable" income.

Yeah I just wasn't sure if they proportions she named were right XD The way this topic is going it seems like all information MUST BE ACCURATE RAH. XD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2009, 04:39:34 pm »
This isn't really that relevant to the whole eat before you sleep, but it has to do with sleep :)

First: Girls who get at least 8 and a half hours of sleep generally weigh less, so SLEEP GIRLS SLEEP. (I dunno about guys, sorry XD)

And: If you're healthy in general, eating right, excerise regularly etc., your body burns calories 24/7, so you lose weight even when you're not working out.

I would IMAGINE (thought I have nothing to back this up on, its just speculation) that it wouldn't matter when you eat. Food is food. What matters is your mentality, and what oppurtunities you choose to eat at.
I figure, even if its the other way around, its probably not a huge difference, so who cares?

I have said this a few times but it is very simple, if you want to lose weight
calories in < calories out

if you want to stay the same weight
calories in = calories out.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2009, 04:41:10 pm »

Orly?
That's interesting..
I only get about Five or Six hours of sleep regularly, and I'm at a good wight for my height-age. But I also excersize and eat an okay'ish amount of calories, so that might be why...

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2009, 04:48:06 pm »

Orly?
That's interesting..
I only get about Five or Six hours of sleep regularly, and I'm at a good wight for my height-age. But I also excersize and eat an okay'ish amount of calories, so that might be why...

Yeah I don't think it makes a huge difference, but if you're wanting to lose weight, every little thing helps XD

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2009, 05:05:46 pm »
sleep helps a lot : o as does drinking a lot of water! Both make losing wieght good, and heres a tip

when your going for an excersize and you have a choice between regular water and stuff like viatmen water, go for the regular water. the flaovred waters often have sugars, which can you make you thirstyer. And they add more calories where as normal water has none i believe.

and high fructose corn syrup : o I cant stress how bad this stuff is in our diet. Dont believe those adds on tv about it not being bad and equal to sugar. Ive done enough research into corn and i come from a familey of farmers. the syrup in moderate amounts isnt bad (im not saying you can never again have a popcycle or something) but the thing is, corn is in almost EVERYTHING we consume. granted theres a lot its not in which is good. but if you look in grocery stores theres corn starch, corn syrup, and a lot of cattle thats turned into hamburgers are often corn fed (fed almost nothing but corn because its really cheap to farm) the high fructose corn syrup itself is just doused with chemicals, and is made from corn doused in chemicals. Most corn farmers cant eat their own croups to sustain themselfs because they have to cover it in anti pestisides and use certain grain that makes the stuff pretty nasty (ive tasted it)

the syrup is in most sodas, popcycles, sweets, anything sweet really. : o thats why its so bad for your body, your taking in to much of it becuase america was running off corn for a while. the adds to have some truth them, its not going to kill you if you have a bit, and it is fine in moderation, but this stuff is pretty damn hard to moderate.

thats why instead of sodas now days i'll go for things like green teas or orange juice. It makes it a lot better for me, and its lower on calories. if you shop localy or organicly your less likley to find as much corn in your diet : o most nicer restourants aswell will make sure that they buy grain fed beef (unlike places like macdonalds that go for the cheaper corn fed)

and like mentioned before, diet is not good for you, but americans tend to eat more in general. Just go for the smaller size, and it till your FULL dont finish it because its there.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2009, 05:35:50 pm »
Also eat slower. If you are going to have a meal that is a weakness of yours and you know you will eat a lot east a piece of toast before hand to fill you up so you aren't as hungry when you sit down for that meal.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2009, 05:38:23 pm »
whoa....a lot went on while I was gone. and it's only been a day. XD

To earlier conversation I eat before bed because if I don't, I wake up at like 2 with horrible hunger pains. I have a weird digestive system. We're starting a cleansing thing in our family in like a week or so, so I'll have a better time with everything working properly. I do eat breakfast just a very light one, because we tend to stop in the morning thus I'm getting something to drink or eat that has more calories and what not. And I take vitamins for that extra boost of something I need and so I'm not skimping out on something because of cutting back on calorie intake. wow....I just read over that and it sounded really unhealthy. But in truth...Its not.

And now I have tons more tips to use from all of this. thanks to all those that posted advice. ^_^
da/tumblr

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2009, 05:44:22 pm »
what nikki said : o also one bite at a time! :o I noticed hat i myself do this but before im even done chewing a bit i'll take another, if you go one bite at a time and thourghly enjoy your meal youll be able to notice when your full a little bit faster, the meal will last longer which makes it seem like more, and you get to enjoy your food <3

and heres another proven fact, when you have the choice between small and large plates GO SMALL this is especialy handy at buffets and when your just at home eating some kind of familey style take out.

there was a study at the center for health reserach (where my mom works actualy) that when they gave 20 people large plates and let them loose on a buffet, and 20 people smaller plates and let them loose on the buffet, the smaller plates thought they got as much food as the large plates by just piling it on high a bit or going back for seconds when they were still hungry. but in fact the large plates consumed a LOT more than the small plates because there was so much food already their its kind of like the mind doesnt want to be wastefull so theyll eat it all if they can. if you eat and take smaller portions on your plates the first time around, your less likley to over eat.

EDIT: one more thing, never ever ever go shopping when your really hungry : o you tend to get a bunch of food because it all sounds good and dont tend to take in that it might be more fatning.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:47:54 pm by xxxchihiroxxx »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2009, 05:49:51 pm »
I have a solution of buffets, I don't go. I don't like the food, my parents have spoiled me with very good food so every time I go to one I think the food tastes like crap.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55:19 pm »
i dont go often either xD but when your on a cruise tahts pretty much the only place youll find fruit thats not in a drink.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2009, 06:12:02 pm »
really when I was on a cruise they only served really really good meals, I guess a buffet on ma cruise would be better than one you would normal go to everyday.

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2009, 06:12:41 pm »
GGGAAAHHH!!!! I am having a hard time trying to stay away from the chocolate.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2009, 06:17:29 pm »
we had a really really really nice formal dinner but everything else like lunch for instance was like this burger joint they had or the buffet. i tried to risist burger temptaion so instead i went to the buffet and snaged a lot of fruit and some breads. i tried to balance it out as best i could.