Author Topic: I NEED IDEAS!!!!!!!  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
I NEED IDEAS!!!!!!!
« on: June 06, 2009, 09:40:29 am »
So I am going to the University of Arizona and I found out THERE IS NO ANIME CLUB. So I e-mailed the person who are in charge of the clubs and they told me I could make the anime club. So I am going to make the University of Arizona Anime Club
So this is where I need your help.
1.How should I go around recruiting people for the club
2. What are some kick awesome things we can do in the club
3. What are so fun ways to raise money

ANY IDEA HELPS!!!!!!
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: I NEED IDEAS!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 11:17:06 am »
Promote it at nearby conventions.  Also (this works for your second question too) have cosplay days, where the whole club wears cosplay.  People will notice you, then you can recruit the people who think it's cool and TP the ones who make fun of you. (JK lolol)

If there aren't any conventions nearby, start considering organizing one.  There's enough of an interest pretty much anywhere and you'd be giving the club a greater ultimate purpose.

As far as fund raising goes, try stuff like a cosplay runway, or charge membership dues.  Also, most schools have budgeting for clubs that do good things, so consider also just going out and having the club do community service around campus or something.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 11:26:46 am »
Post awesome-looking flyers up around in places where people will find them.
Awesome things to do in the club: Watch anime, of course. Have cosplay days and tutorials on costuming. Write a collaborative fanfiction.
Fundraising: Perform a service for people... In costume. :D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 11:55:08 am »
Promote it at nearby conventions.  Also (this works for your second question too) have cosplay days, where the whole club wears cosplay.  People will notice you, then you can recruit the people who think it's cool and TP the ones who make fun of you. (JK lolol)

If there aren't any conventions nearby, start considering organizing one.  There's enough of an interest pretty much anywhere and you'd be giving the club a greater ultimate purpose.

As far as fund raising goes, try stuff like a cosplay runway, or charge membership dues.  Also, most schools have budgeting for clubs that do good things, so consider also just going out and having the club do community service around campus or something.
I think someone who's actually into anime stole DancingTofu's account...

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 01:19:44 pm »
raising money part... have a bake sale or something similar. We did this for my microbiology club @ OSU.  Hmmm speaking of anime club...I've never noticed one @ OSU...

Good luck with starting a club! It takes patience, dedication, and courage, so kudos to you! ^_^
And so it begins...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »

I think someone who's actually into anime stole DancingTofu's account...
Nah, I just took my outlines for setting up a gaming club into an Anime context. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 07:49:20 pm »
email wuntvor, Radien, and vondan, to see if they have suggestoins, as they were involved with Tunac, the forerunner to Kumoricon.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 11:20:05 am »
good good thank you any more ideas
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya