Author Topic: Show us your Dollfie/ BJD  (Read 15000 times)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
Show us your Dollfie/ BJD
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:34:18 pm »
What is a BJD/Dollfie you may ask? BJD stands for Ball Joint Doll(s), dollfie is a hyprid of a doll and action figuer. Volks co. was the first to make the dollfie, but there are other companeis out there.

I have a dollfie, But I dont have any good photos of him right now. So He will be up soon!

any way if you have a dollfie or BJD and you would like to show Every one here at K-con Fourms then go a head. You can show as many Dolls as you like. ^w^

Please list the following:
Photo(s) of your doll:
Your doll's name:
His/Her Hight:
Where you got you doll:
Any other info on your doll:

Dont have a doll, if you found a photo of a doll, you can post the photo but dont need to add the info as need if you own him/her.

Have Fun!!! ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:25:19 pm by RozenMaiden_Girl »
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Re: Show us your Dollfie/ BJD
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:16:00 pm »
Oh no, they've made their way here!! xD
I find these dolls fascinating and sort of creepy. I would never spend so much money on one, and I really don't understand the attachment some people have to theirs. They are pretty though.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:12:22 am »
Ooohh yeah, those dolls are creepy. I'm not really sure what posesses people to spend so much on them, either. I think it's a fashion statement, like those small dogs in purses.

Either way, I have a friend from Canada who has one, or has a fascination with them, and I have yet to figure out why. Does it have to do with Lolitas?
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:37:04 pm »
Does it have to do with Lolitas?
Sorry to randomly jump into the conversation, but this discussion happens frequently on the egl community on livejournal. BJDs don't really have anything to do with lolita. Some lolitas have them, and some owners dress their dolls in lolita, but they don't really have very much in common.

I think dollfies are really pretty, but sort of overpriced. I'd love to buy a Pullip or Dal, though. The Japanese clothing brand "Angelic Pretty," my favorite brand, designed some recently, and I'd kill for one <333
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 01:12:02 pm »
Hehe I'll post mine here then. I hope the pictures aren't too huge!

Your doll's name: Tsubaki
His/Her Height: 60cm
Where you got you doll: Bobobie.com
Any other info on your doll: He was my first doll and I think he's still my favorite~ <3

Your doll's name: Evan Brann
His/Her Height: 60cm
Where you got you doll: Evan has a Migidoll Ryu head and an Angel Of Dream body... I think AOD is AODdoll.com. Migis site is Migidoll.com. She only sells for limited time periods through the year.

Your doll's name: Errill
His/Her Height: 42cm
Where you got you doll: Bobobie.com
Any other info on your doll: She's an elf eared Sprite. I take her more places with me because she's so light and manageable. n.n

We have two more in the house, but they don't belong to me exactly so I won't post them, hehe~

As for some of the comments, they're not really overpriced (a lot of them anyway, though I'm with you on some of them) being that the materials that they're made of are expensive and each doll has to be hand made. There's generally one artist and they do all of the sculpting and casting. It's not a short process and a lot of things can go wrong working with resin. Some companies are really reasonable (the ones I buy from lol) and make beautiful dolls. It's like owning a piece of art that you can play with.

They're also most definitely not a fashion statement, for me anyway, lol. I hate fashion statements like little dogs in purses anyway. Those make me barf. D:

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 03:37:03 pm »
your Dollfies are very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 06:30:16 pm »
Hehe thanks and you're welcome! Yush, I <3 them~

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 03:56:54 pm »
Some times people dress there doll(s) lolitas

Ooohh yeah, those dolls are creepy. I'm not really sure what posesses people to spend so much on them, either. I think it's a fashion statement, like those small dogs in purses.

Either way, I have a friend from Canada who has one, or has a fascination with them, and I have yet to figure out why. Does it have to do with Lolitas?

Offline kobansora

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 10:16:03 am »
Does anybody have one that is dressed up in something that looks like this:

Anybody want a yoyo? Just send me a message and we'll talk!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 12:01:16 pm »
I really want a dollfie!, but they are really expensive...
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 12:12:12 pm »
Hmmm, doll/action figure...strangely I want one now, but I know I can't afford one.

Pretty soon they'll be making Dollfies that have computer chips in them and can move around. And we'll all call them...persocoms!
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 12:25:09 pm »
Volks sells small ones, I got my Yamoto base boddy for $39. They all so have ones thats are $18. any way are the really going to put the chips in them or were u kidding?
Hmmm, doll/action figure...strangely I want one now, but I know I can't afford one.

Pretty soon they'll be making Dollfies that have computer chips in them and can move around. And we'll all call them...persocoms!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 07:20:15 pm »

No, they'll be called Angels. THEN, they'll be called Persocoms!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 07:25:40 pm »
Wow, those are a little bit creepy, but I want one. ='DD
It's an actual doll right? o.e

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 11:53:00 pm »
Volks sells small ones, I got my Yamoto base boddy for $39. They all so have ones thats are $18. any way are the really going to put the chips in them or were u kidding?

I was dreaming out loud.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 09:04:44 am »
I was just trying to throw in a little CLAMP joke.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 06:03:18 pm »
They are an Action figaure and a doll comepined.

Wow, those are a little bit creepy, but I want one. ='DD
It's an actual doll right? o.e

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 06:21:46 pm »

Photo(s) of your doll:
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs49/i/2009/195/8/9/Dancing_Vincent_by_BangBangNeko.jpg
Your doll's name: Vincent
His/Her Hight: 17" I believe I might have measure wrong XP
Where you got you doll:I got one just this month at a antique show, lol. Weird, right? I was just walking around when I spotted him in a glass case, and of course I scared my dad because I stopped suddenly and just stared XD. lol But the lady was nice and liked my outfit ( I was wearing a casual lolita thing that day because I was feeling under the weather XP) anyways so she gave me $100 off the doll O.o lol and that's the story of how I got my first BJD. XD
Any other info on your doll: He cosplays with me ^-^ and I made his clothes and wig. He is a cross dresser sometimes, because I have no boy clothes XP. oh well better than being naked and flashing everyone. O.o lol

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 08:04:01 pm »
Your doll is differant (in a good way), I really like it. ^_^

Photo(s) of your doll:
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs49/i/2009/195/8/9/Dancing_Vincent_by_BangBangNeko.jpg
Where you got you doll:I got one just this month at a antique show, lol. Weird, right? I was just walking around when I spotted him in a glass case, and of course I scared my dad because I stopped suddenly and just stared XD. lol But the lady was nice and liked my outfit ( I was wearing a casual lolita thing that day because I was feeling under the weather XP) anyways so she gave me $100 off the doll O.o lol and that's the story of how I got my first BJD. XD
Any other info on your doll: He cosplays with me ^-^ and I made his clothes and wig. He is a cross dresser sometimes, because I have no boy clothes XP. oh well better than being naked and flashing everyone. O.o lol

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 01:10:53 am »
Thank you I'm thinking about giving him a jester style face up.

Photo(s) of your doll:

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 10:03:59 am »

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 02:02:03 pm »

Your doll's name: Ariadne
His/Her Hight: 44cm
Where you got your doll:  EdenDoll
Any other info on your doll: She's a DollZone Shoyo that I got in May of 2008.  She scares my friend.  8D  I keep meaning to make clothes for her, but I get distracted, so she's been stuck in Friends2bMade stuff since she got home.  xD
But her necklace is from Dollmore.  I think it's the most expensive thing she wears at all times.
....I've been considering getting a newer, double-jointed body since DZ released some not too long ago, but I don't know where I'd get the money for it yet.  I've gotten stingier since I got her.  xD
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 02:15:18 pm »
Awwwww, she is too cute!

Your doll's name: Ariadne
His/Her Hight: 44cm
Where you got your doll:  EdenDoll
Any other info on your doll: She's a DollZone Shoyo that I got in May of 2008.  She scares my friend.  8D  I keep meaning to make clothes for her, but I get distracted, so she's been stuck in Friends2bMade stuff since she got home.  xD
But her necklace is from Dollmore.  I think it's the most expensive thing she wears at all times.
....I've been considering getting a newer, double-jointed body since DZ released some not too long ago, but I don't know where I'd get the money for it yet.  I've gotten stingier since I got her.  xD

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 02:16:54 pm »
that would look cool!

Thank you I'm thinking about giving him a jester style face up.

Photo(s) of your doll:

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 03:09:36 am »
Dollfies are a wrong term when talking about all Ball Jointed Dolls. The  company, Volks, is the only company that calls their series of dolls Dollfies, they are also one of the first BJD companies.  ;)
I wouldn't really call them action figures as they are more prescious then that and are poseable. They are so expensive because they are made by hand, everyone. There are also risks when working with resin. People don't realize how much it takes to keep these dolls in good condition, you have to keep their "faceup" fresh every few months, meaning their "makeup" on their face. Their head doesn't come pretty like that unless you ask for a faceup. You can also have the body blushed. Also, you have to keep them clean by carefully washing them and you have to restring them which can be a process for the inexperienced. They are held by tough string which can loosen from posing to much. It's also not a good idea to keep them in the sun as they will start to yellow. But these guys are worth the money and keep up as they are like a moveable piece of artwork that you can move, dress up, etc. The cheapest I've seen a doll was about $240ish. The most depends on if it's limited and by what company. These dolls are not fashion items, they are beautiful art that just happens to be in the shape of a doll. A lot of people get them beacuse they have stories with characters they want to come to life and dolls are one way to do that. Also, they are heavier then they look! If you want to hold one, PLEASE ask! Almost all of us doll owners will glady hand you our doll so you can hold them but please ask and be respectful if one doll owner says no. Also, do not touch their faces! It took time and money to paint their faceups which is not easy.

Onto my dolls. :D

Name: Konrard Von Der Adlerweg, AKA Konrard :)
Height: 64cm
Company: DOD
Doll model: DOT Homme Ducan

Name: Akihiko
Height: 46cm
Company: AoD
Doll model: Chi
Aki is a vampire/elf. :) 

Come see us at Kumori con this year, I'll let you hold em if you're gentle! :D

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 08:34:36 am »
LOVE YOUR DOLLS! I just dont know what to say! Your Ducan I really big, (my friend is going to try to get one)
Any way thank you for showing your dolls!

Dollfies are a wrong term when talking about all Ball Jointed Dolls. The  company, Volks, is the only company that calls their series of dolls Dollfies, they are also one of the first BJD companies.  ;)
I wouldn't really call them action figures as they are more prescious then that and are poseable. They are so expensive because they are made by hand, everyone. There are also risks when working with resin. People don't realize how much it takes to keep these dolls in good condition, you have to keep their "faceup" fresh every few months, meaning their "makeup" on their face. Their head doesn't come pretty like that unless you ask for a faceup. You can also have the body blushed. Also, you have to keep them clean by carefully washing them and you have to restring them which can be a process for the inexperienced. They are held by tough string which can loosen from posing to much. It's also not a good idea to keep them in the sun as they will start to yellow. But these guys are worth the money and keep up as they are like a moveable piece of artwork that you can move, dress up, etc. The cheapest I've seen a doll was about $240ish. The most depends on if it's limited and by what company. These dolls are not fashion items, they are beautiful art that just happens to be in the shape of a doll. A lot of people get them beacuse they have stories with characters they want to come to life and dolls are one way to do that. Also, they are heavier then they look! If you want to hold one, PLEASE ask! Almost all of us doll owners will glady hand you our doll so you can hold them but please ask and be respectful if one doll owner says no. Also, do not touch their faces! It took time and money to paint their faceups which is not easy.

Onto my dolls. :D

Name: Konrard Von Der Adlerweg, AKA Konrard :)
Height: 64cm
Company: DOD
Doll model: DOT Homme Ducan

Name: Akihiko
Height: 46cm
Company: AoD
Doll model: Chi
Aki is a vampire/elf. :) 

Come see us at Kumori con this year, I'll let you hold em if you're gentle! :D

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 12:07:22 pm »
I saw on craigslist that someone was selling a Ducan from DOD for about $140 cheaper than online...it has a face up and everything. If anyone was interested...
here is the link http://corvallis.craigslist.org/clt/1278840430.html
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:08:46 pm by nyahaha »

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 01:14:56 am »
Nya, that's probably a scam, it happens a lot in the doll world. I wouldn't buy from ebay or craigslist. There is no way a Ducan would sell for so little, I bought mine from the company for almost $700 and that's not even with the clothes he would have came with. If you want to buy a "second hand" doll, go to Den of Angels, this is the largest doll fourm in the world.

Your Ducan I really big...
If you think he's tall, go to AoD where they have the tallest known doll being made, which is 90cm!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:16:28 am by shikyo »

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 01:17:25 am »
Having a dollfie seems really cool I kinda want one now XD

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 11:34:18 am »
Nya, that's probably a scam, it happens a lot in the doll world. I wouldn't buy from ebay or craigslist. There is no way a Ducan would sell for so little, I bought mine from the company for almost $700 and that's not even with the clothes he would have came with. If you want to buy a "second hand" doll, go to Den of Angels, this is the largest doll fourm in the world.

Your Ducan I really big...
If you think he's tall, go to AoD where they have the tallest known doll being made, which is 90cm!

Omg I know! there so big, I whant one, but would never get the money. Oh my doll got here, he is only 30 cm, but I love him, I will post him later when I get his hair....

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 11:36:20 am »
Having a dollfie seems really cool I kinda want one now XD
they have small ones at Volks, they are 22cm 25cm 27cm and 30cm.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 12:57:12 pm »
Oh wow that is really big o-o I think I'd only be able to deal with a 30cm one if I got one XD

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 02:29:00 pm »
No offense to anyone but those thing creep the hell out of me.

And this is coming from an avid toy collector.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 02:43:47 pm »
Oh wow that is really big o-o I think I'd only be able to deal with a 30cm one if I got one XD
all though the only 30cm I saw is what I got, "WTG-boyfriends Yamato" or you could get Takeru. There $39, with out hair, 6mm eyes, (eye lashes) clothing, ect.... dhip for him was like $12.06.
Hope that helps with prices.

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:30 am »
No offence taken! I actually am not a fan of the super dooper big ones, you'd have to haul them in a baby stroller, lol. My friend has a 74cm doll and someone actually thought she was starving her "kid" because he looked so thin! XD It's so fun going to doll meetups in public places as the public is very curious about them. The only thing I can't stand is when some people see my mother and a few older people carrying dolls and asked them aren't the a little old to be carrying "dolls", GRRRR that made us mad. BJDs are for everyone, the young the inbetween and the wise!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 01:08:15 am »
I think that it would be a great cosplay prop for a lolita -3-
That just came to mind. But yeah I'm not entirely a fan of the super big ones either XD

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 10:07:37 am »
No offence taken! I actually am not a fan of the super dooper big ones, you'd have to haul them in a baby stroller, lol. My friend has a 74cm doll and someone actually thought she was starving her "kid" because he looked so thin! XD It's so fun going to doll meetups in public places as the public is very curious about them. The only thing I can't stand is when some people see my mother and a few older people carrying dolls and asked them aren't the a little old to be carrying "dolls", GRRRR that made us mad. BJDs are for everyone, the young the inbetween and the wise!

Were did your friend get their 74cm BJD?
Also, were do you go for doll meet ups?

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 01:38:18 am »
She got her doll from Doll Zone. :)
There are other companies out there that have tall dolls, like SOOM, Angel Studio, Crobidoll, etc. All awesome companies!  ;D

Go here to DOA which is the world's largest BJD forum. You have to be a member for at least a month before you can see everything because they want to make sure you're legit on not a "troll". But it's worth the wait! They have a section for doll meetups which happens, depending on your location, at least 3-4 a month some places 5-6 a month. It's fun meeting doll people. :) We are having a meetup at kumori con this year too but I don't know where/when yet.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 06:22:30 am »
Oh lord, I had no idea that they made BJD's that big. I would freak out if I saw one in public.
I don't get the whole dollfie/bjd as well, then again I am terrified of silly little childrens toys coming to life and murdering me in the middle of the night. All I must say is I hope you guys aren't scared of things like that.

A random question I have about these: I know they don't come with hair, so do you buy little wigs for them or do you have to stitch in strands of hair in them like a baby doll?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:25:42 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 11:45:32 am »
She got her doll from Doll Zone. :)
There are other companies out there that have tall dolls, like SOOM, Angel Studio, Crobidoll, etc. All awesome companies!  ;D

Go here to DOA which is the world's largest BJD forum. You have to be a member for at least a month before you can see everything because they want to make sure you're legit on not a "troll". But it's worth the wait! They have a section for doll meetups which happens, depending on your location, at least 3-4 a month some places 5-6 a month. It's fun meeting doll people. :) We are having a meetup at kumori con this year too but I don't know where/when yet.
I am all ready a member one there, yah I was going to bring my doll to the k-con this year.
Thanks for the help! ^_^

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 11:47:23 am »
Oh lord, I had no idea that they made BJD's that big. I would freak out if I saw one in public.
I don't get the whole dollfie/bjd as well, then again I am terrified of silly little childrens toys coming to life and murdering me in the middle of the night. All I must say is I hope you guys aren't scared of things like that.

A random question I have about these: I know they don't come with hair, so do you buy little wigs for them or do you have to stitch in strands of hair in them like a baby doll?
Some times they come with hair, You can buy a wig, or with volks you can also get rooting hair. Thats were you can sting the hair in your self.

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 03:41:52 am »
I know they don't come with hair, so do you buy little wigs for them or do you have to stitch in strands of hair in them like a baby doll?

Some comapnies give you a wig with your doll to start out or you can just buy wigs. They are all ready pre made, no stitching needed unless you want to. ;)

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 05:55:16 am »
Ive wanted one of these ever since i first saw them. In my oppion they are so cute! ^^ But there really expensive :(
Whats the cheepest price any of you have seen one for? (in good quality)
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 09:00:54 am »
If you are planning to bring your Dollfie / BJD to Kumoricon, be sure to bring Dollfie / BJD cosplay costume to enter "Cuddly Cosplay" on MONDAY AFTERNOON.   :D   This is a great time to let your Dollfie / BJD show off on stage - maximum of 45 seconds entry time (so a mini-skit or just posing to show off). There will be prizes (not sure what will be available for prizes, but usually Jaki gives me a box of cool stuff to give away as prizes). 

There are several divisions in Cuddly Cosplay including Dollfie / BJD, plushie, marionette, and "made at convention in creation station". Entrants must be wearing cosplay and be inanimate objects (as opposed to living creatures - hotels usually do NOT allow live animals...)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 11:31:49 pm »
Some really nice dolls!   :o

I just wanted to mention a few things.  First, how many of you know about Innocente Seraphim?  I guess they just had their meet a couple of weeks ago.  I know I have seen them mentioned on this site before, but thought I would mention them again.

Second, I would like to mention my mom here.  OK she doesn't specialize in BJD dolls, but she does make porcelein dolls from scratch and sew all of their clothes,  she also does doll face-ups and repair.  Here is an example of a doll repair she did:
Maggie Before
Maggie After

She is retired, and has lots of free time, so if you want assistance with your BJD clothes or touchups let me know.  I can give you her contact info.  I am also trying to get her into helping out with Cosplay costuming.  She could probably make you a custom gothic lolita if you asked her nice.   ;D  Sorry,  She is not located in Portland, you have to go to Waldport to see her in person.

I have been thinking about taking one of those "Dancing Santas" and making a dancing Kyon plushie out of it.  Replace the music with the Bleach theme Kyon sings.  It ought to be good for a few laughs.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 09:59:48 pm »
wow! that's an amazing job! Lol I was just in Waldenport...I think. is that by the beach?

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 01:46:52 pm »
wow! that's an amazing job! Lol I was just in Waldenport...I think. is that by the beach?

Yes, between Newport and Yachats.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 01:54:31 pm »
Ya I was just driving through there the other day.

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2009, 03:49:33 am »
Okay, I have the times for the doll meets.  ;D
Saterday: 8 PM in the lobby
Sunday: 1 PM in the lobby
Monday: right after the doll panel

Hope to see most of you there  ;)

Konrard says he hopes he sees you all!