Author Topic: The Lolita Thread  (Read 211188 times)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: The Lolita Thread
« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2010, 10:21:23 pm »
There's an LJ comm for anyone interested about steampunk lolita.  :)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2010, 10:39:52 pm »
That's pretty cool ^^ The dress looks nice, the only things I'd suggest are changing the lace to something not so saturated, or white (if that'd even be possible. It's not necessary, just something that looks like it'd clash with the rest) and wearing a less-poofy petticoat, like an a-line one. On the mannequin it's just too... cupcake-y for the classic look you're going for.

Good luck figuring out your steampunk aspect *3*

Editkinda: after looking up other steampunk coords, the big thing I noticed is most of the dresses are under the bust, or there's a corset. I'm not sure how one would work with that dress you picked out though... Or maybe a double-breasted vest or jacket... bah, I have no idea about this stuff. ono
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:40:08 pm by Hazuza »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2010, 10:50:51 pm »
i do know about the corset thing lol but it's not necessary to have. i've looked at TONS of steampunk things but the thing is the style derived from the 1800's and victorian era so there were some dresses that had corsets and others didn't. so it's kinda hard to do a style of what i want. it was originally just a mix between steampunk and lolita lol XD so i mean it was just an idea i wanted to do for the dance, but at the same time try to captivate the beauty of the 2 different styles.

and this kind of outfit should fit more into cosplay lolita XD cuz of the fact that i'm cosplaying aqua but in this style >.<

and it doesn't have a petticoat lol so either way i'm not gonna be that poofy (cuz it doesn't go with the victorian style of the era i'm looking at) i'm gonna probably be wearing bloomers underneath just so i'm not cold lol

and i am not changing the lace, i'm just changing the white strings on the arms to black so it matches with the rest of my black attire. so it's not all WHITE! lol XD i know my fashion matching +w+ too much one is quite not fun (lawl 8D)

p.s. under the bust not necessarily, cuz there are some that wear vests (which is part of the steampunk look) so what i'm probably gonna end up doing (like how i wanted the design to end up) is get a black corset to go under my boobs lol (the pushup corset) which will probably end up looking better. i'll probably end up changing the dress once i get it :3 which is what i end up doing most of the time lol

this whole drawing is just a base, so that i can get some ideas to finally end the whole thing >.<

edit: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=3348389

apparently it's just a combination like i said of the 2 styles XD and ppl just sorta added to the new fashion lol so i mean it's not an official style persay

OH! and i think i found my purse XD http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220689659027&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3261wt_905 (and yes! it's ebay! lol it's the only place that ppl sell their works of art without the hassle of forums lol and i know this guy's work so it's okay :3)

oh! and my gun lol if i decide to go with my gun idea cuz aqua is a fighter http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390238267206&var=660007981510&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2068wt_1139
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:07:02 pm by luvan1me »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2010, 11:30:45 am »
I really don't know much about steampunk, but to revive this thread, here's a gothic outfit of mine I wore a while ago to promote my school's anime club:

I'm wearing two clip-on pigtails, my skirt is handmade, my RHS are from Bodyline, and everything else is off brand.

I think I'll dress up today for fun <3
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2010, 02:42:02 pm »
You are so pretty! *o*
(And oh my, those shoes are cool!)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2010, 04:14:28 pm »
Thank you! And man I love wearing these shoes, they freak people out.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2010, 04:15:31 am »
Thank you! And man I love wearing these shoes, they freak people out.

But why would those shoes freak people out? They look really nice, and... oh.  :o

That isn't a step stool you're standing on, huh?  ;)

As Fachion-parl said, very cool.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2010, 09:10:28 am »
Hahahaha I wore this outfit to school, as I said, and it's mostly men who freak out.
"Wha- how do you- what ARE those??"
They also freak out over my clip-on too lolololol.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2010, 12:55:50 am »
I really don't know much about steampunk, but to revive this thread, here's a gothic outfit of mine I wore a while ago to promote my school's anime club:

I'm wearing two clip-on pigtails, my skirt is handmade, my RHS are from Bodyline, and everything else is off brand.

I think I'll dress up today for fun <3

I would die ! in your room its so pink lol >< well it loosk pink

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2010, 01:00:29 am »
Yeah, I got to pick out my room color when we moved in about three years ago, and darnit I wanted cotton candy pink walls.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2010, 01:55:27 am »
anythign abotu boy lolita look .. like my friend he loves lolita but he dosent want to be in a dress and we are trying to figure out a male lolita kinda look for him

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2010, 05:10:06 pm »
anythign abotu boy lolita look .. like my friend he loves lolita but he dosent want to be in a dress and we are trying to figure out a male lolita kinda look for him
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/2300955.html
There's some stuff about it here. I don't know much about it other than it can be hard to pull off.

I want my rori stuff Hazu orz

And yes, I already paid you.
I want mine too
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2010, 05:26:16 pm »
thankies

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #263 on: November 14, 2010, 09:00:26 pm »
Me three~

Also next time we meet up I'll give you at least some of the money I owe you, with any luck I can give you all of it.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2010, 09:58:57 pm »
Yeah, yeah. You can pick it up whenever, or plan a meetup or something. I'm getting my camera this week, so we could even have a photoshoot this weekend or someth, since I know Katie wants some pictures and Dana wants a night shoot o3o

@Titus- I swear to god I made a huge post about boystyle somewhere in this thread... I'd advise you to do your own research first, and we can give critiques after you've made a base outfit or something. But yeah, boystyle is very hard to pull off, in my opinion, probably because it isn't done so often, so the guidelines are skewed and there aren't many good examples.

If he wants to go for a little boy look, try looking for boystyle or kodona. (my little piece of input, if he's hairy at all, he better be willing to shave. I don't feel a "little boy" looks good with stubble or hairy legs x-x) For an older look, try Aristocrat or ouji.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2010, 01:51:10 am »
well he done male lolita before but its hard for him to do sweet lolita like him and his wife did a cute lolita look togeather to do a romeo juliet thingy but he has get to do anything els so we are on the hunt to find soemthing

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #266 on: November 16, 2010, 09:16:54 am »
Oh Hazu we were planning some sort of photoshoot and then hangout sometime. I really want more Roxy shots hahaha. But I need to get a new hoodie first.

IN LOLITA NEWS there's a lolita meetup planned for Thanksgiving weekend on lj, anyone here thinking of going?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2010, 01:20:22 pm »
I AM !!! :D if i can find my shoes o.o

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2010, 03:38:22 pm »
IN LOLITA NEWS there's a lolita meetup planned for Thanksgiving weekend on lj, anyone here thinking of going?
If you go, I might go. wait...I don't have anything lolita except shoes...

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2010, 03:51:08 pm »
I would love to go--ohwait I dont have anything to wear......

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2010, 03:55:07 pm »
We can be the creepers that follow them around.

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2010, 05:10:52 pm »
I only have one petticoat though. fffu
Surprisingly I have petticoats. But other than that no lolita stuff lololol.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2010, 05:16:09 pm »
Me and my bud kyo put togeather and outfit thats o.o he says is lolita but i dont think it is anyways if you want to borrow it i ca take a pic and show you o.O

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2010, 05:48:49 pm »
^sorry, I didn't understand that

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2010, 06:26:53 pm »
Me and my bud kyo put togeather and outfit thats o.o he says is lolita but i dont think it is anyways if you want to borrow it i ca take a pic and show you o.O
Could you possibly re write this in a proper sentence.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #275 on: November 16, 2010, 06:44:56 pm »
Yeah I also had trouble understanding haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #276 on: November 16, 2010, 06:50:29 pm »
WHAT DATE IS THIS MEETUP? I don't have any lolita but I'm game for stalking some little girls.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:51:08 pm by oslapedo »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #277 on: November 16, 2010, 07:02:19 pm »
Could you possibly re write this in a proper sentence.
haha sorry I have bad spelling and grammar ... I ment was me and My buddy kyo have a little outfit we threw togeather when i didn't own anything lolita, hes into it alot and what not so he i trusted him its cute o.O and lolitaish If anyone wants to wear that to the meet if i go. sorry bad grammar and spelling . and stuff

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2010, 05:39:18 pm »
I have 3 or 4 nice tops (3 blouses), 3 JSKs and 4 skirts I think. And my coat, but I don't want anyone else wearing it :x

soyesthere'sthis. Dunno if I'll go though.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2010, 09:14:09 pm »
I have a couple blouses and skirts and cardigans and all that, but I'm a fatty so idk if it'd fit any of you guys >:
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #280 on: November 19, 2010, 12:32:47 pm »
I have a couple blouses and skirts and cardigans and all that, but I'm a fatty so idk if it'd fit any of you guys >:
yeah but you are cute :3 fat or not ^^
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:33:43 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2010, 09:04:34 pm »
Dawww thank you.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #282 on: November 20, 2010, 11:12:58 pm »
so guys. i changed my dress lol for the steampunk outfit :) and i think this out fits a bit more
wat you think? should i wear it w/o the straps? or should i put them on a certain way.

here's the top: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/the-1384/Sweet-Lolita-Hood-Princess/Detail (black one) i got the hooded one cuz i don't want to be cold lol
here's the dress: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/the-1048/Scholastic-Lolita-High-Waist/Detail (the navy blue one and i'm wearing it w/o the )

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #283 on: November 20, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »
In my experience, black is a bit hard to coordinate with navy, so you might need to work with your accessories to make it work.

Also, as we said before, you might want to go to a steampunk forum since our steampunk knowledge is extremely limited. This is a lolita thread, after all.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #284 on: November 20, 2010, 11:24:15 pm »
i was saying if you liked the dress and if it looks good with or w/o the straps on lol :P
nothing about steampunk cuz i'm actually thinking of wearing this around the streets :) i'm really starting to want to add the lolita style to my wardrobe.. it's just so elegant, and so gorgeous! reminds me of the good ole victorian days (lol) i guess i love the victorian style a lot ._. and the old 30's-40's style <.< >.>

and i've worn black with navy blue, and it's not hard :) especially since my favorite color for clothing IS blue and black, i'm quite good with the matching XD but i was originally gonna make it white, but of course i changed it cuz i wear darker colors than i do lighter. :)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2010, 02:35:49 am »
I like the skirt. The sleeves on the blouse look funny to me, probably because of how far the cuffs go out xD

The suspenders are detachable, to you can always decide if they look better with or without after buying it. Right now I think it'd look better with the blouse over the skirt, and a navy bow on the collar or one side of your chest, but I can't coordinate well in my mind *-*

And yeah, black and navy go really well together. They're both colors that can look good with anything, after all.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2010, 10:23:40 pm »
yay >w< yea the shirt sleeves are "awkward" lol but i like the style. and i love things that cover my hands ish lol so it's kinda weird XD

okay well i need the shirt to be tucked into the skirt XD but i'll see how it looks, and the navy bow idea sounds very cute :) i did have a navy bow on my original outfit lol so ima have to make that :3

yes. those 2 colors go so well together :3 thanks so much for the tips <3~

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2010, 03:44:32 pm »
I do Lolita fashion only at cons cuz I dont have the money to get outfits to wear on weekends. I barely have money to buy work clothes lol But, I do have to comment and say that not all cosplay Lolita is bad. Im doing Minnie Mouse Lolita as a cosplay, also I plan on doing Wa Lolita with Choji as a cosplay. Some cosplay Lolita is really bad, but some are really really good. I just hate how a lot of Lolitas say anyone who does cosplay Lolita isnt a real Lolita, or theyre an Ita Lolita.

Anywhoosle. Id like to try out Hime Lolita and Sweet Lolita. Ive done gothic Lolita, Wa Lolita, and a really ****ty Aristocrat Lolita when I was first starting out. Though, I have a question about Bunny Lolita. I heard that it was a style of Lolita, but Ive never really seen any. I mean, Ive seen winter Lolita coats with bunny hoods and bunny designs on them, but I never thought that itself was Bunny Lolita. If it is, I really want so do some Bunny Lolita lol

(Removed inappropriate content per forum code of conduct.  ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 03:49:12 pm by randompvg »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #288 on: December 14, 2010, 04:36:53 pm »
I don't quite understand how you "cosplay lolita" considering lolita is just everyday clothing. Generally when people try to "cosplay lolita" they use cheap materials and generally give good lolitas a bad image, if you know what I mean.
There's a weird relationship between some lolitas and anime fans, I think it's kind of dumb but I do like having my lolita and cosplay kept separate rather than being the exact same thing.

Also "bunny lolita" isn't a style. Coats and sweaters with bunny ears are fairly popular, but they aren't an entire substyle.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2011, 06:44:19 pm »
...SO YOU GUYS.

Who's going to wear lolita at Sakuracon? One of my friends is running a lolita meet during the con, I'll probably wear lolita for part of the time. Last year I spent almost the entire con in lolita, it was so fun! When I start college I'm going to be shifting my focus more to lolita so I'll probably wear it more to cons.

And soon I'll be buying this dress from one of my friends, I really can't wait!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2011, 08:40:42 pm »
OOH OOH OOH ME

lol hi thread. Don't expect me to stick around, i-it's not like I... like, like you or anything :I

I'll probably wear the one coord I'm putting together right now at some point during Sakuracon. Maybe to the meet-up, depending on when it is? I don't do that crazy neon frilly OTT Sweet stuff, I really like Classic though. Still have to get a blouse, but other than that I'm pretty much set.

I just hope I don't get narked at because I'm tall and these skirts are all supposed to be knee-length D:

PS: These boots, good idea with this skirt in black, Y/N?

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2011, 09:03:31 pm »
The meet is going to be on Friday night, probably in an Asian restaurant not far from the convention center. Afterwards we're going to go do purikura, last year we found a machine in a building literally across the street from the con.

Also Caitlin, you are an amazing seamstress, couldn't you make your own replicas that are the right length on you?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:23 pm »
I love lolita, and I have for years. Mostly gothic and classic, though.

You can also get lolita clothing from Taobao.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2011, 10:01:30 pm »
I was going to do that, but I'm a fatty so I'd have to get the overcharge fee on custom sizing.
But next time I have money (so likely during the summer haha) I want to get some shoes and dresses. I'm tempted to get one of the Angelic Pretty replicas, especially the Fantasical Dolly one.

Also it's so sad, I love AP but super sweet decololi looks so awful on me >: I just look like a giant baby.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2011, 10:05:19 pm »
I probably could, yeah, but I don't really know the first thing about proper tailoring and I'm afraid of it looking bad D:

I think, if I have the time, I'll make myself an underskirt to both give myself more poof and more length. With lace and ruffles and fun :D

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2011, 10:16:29 am »
I was going to do that, but I'm a fatty so I'd have to get the overcharge fee on custom sizing.
I'll have to do that, too, because I have boobs and hips. ._. If the Qutieland prices are anything to go off of, though, the overcharge fee isn't too bad.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2011, 11:32:21 am »
Oh don't buy from Qutieland! They mark things up so much. It's better to just buy stuff with another shopping service, although shipping gets expensive so group orders are useful.
...Actually if you want to just get stuff by yourself maybe Qutieland would be better? I just know they mark things way up.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2011, 12:02:19 pm »
Qutieland's shipping charges are ENORMOUS. Price for the items is pretty good imo, but their shipping can be more than the item sometimes! Especially shoes. I've found a shop on ebay that has the same shoes for quite a bit less. http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Womens-Shoes-/63889/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=jcpunk&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282
Sometimes they go off the radar though, like delete all of their items, but then they put them back. So I dunno.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2011, 12:09:11 pm »
Thanks for the tips. I'm really bad at navigating Taobao, but if they mark things up a lot, then I might as well learn how to navigate it.

Qutieland has horrid shipping prices, I know. ._. I looked to see how much one order would cost altogether. Eep!
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2011, 04:39:03 pm »
Hey Holly, is that shop legit? It looks a bit sketchy. But hnnng those shoes.

Also you guys what's your favorite lolita find you've found? Today I bought a black cardigan with fur trim around the collar, it was on sale for $7 and is going to be PERFECT with gothic lolita. I love love love fur and other interesting textures with gothic.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter