Author Topic: The Lolita Thread  (Read 211187 times)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: The Lolita Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2011, 05:15:54 pm »
I have a grey faux fur collar. It looks like this, but grey, and with no leopard print lining:

I don't really have much lolita stuff, although I'd like to. ._.;; I'm currently waiting on some grade money right now, then I can go on a shopping binge.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2011, 05:17:51 pm »
I've been looking for one of those, the cardigan kind of has that but the collar goes lower down on the chest, almost in a curved V. I'll post a pic soon.
Btw where did you buy it?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2011, 05:19:23 pm »
Hot Topic. IT'S ACTUALLY DECENT QUALITY AND LOOKS NICE, I SWEAR.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2011, 07:17:23 pm »
I dunno, but all of their reviews are positive. *shrug* The next time I can justify spending money I want to buy some. So I dunno. Could post on egl asking if anyone's bought from them.

My favorite lolita find: Bow barettes at the dollar store. They're really cheap and like to slide, but you get a TON of them for $1 and they come in basically every color.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2011, 07:58:46 pm »
Oh I have a ton of those too!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »
I do Lolita fashion only at cons cuz I dont have the money to get outfits to wear on weekends. I barely have money to buy work clothes lol But, I do have to comment and say that not all cosplay Lolita is bad. Im doing Minnie Mouse Lolita as a cosplay, also I plan on doing Wa Lolita with Choji as a cosplay. Some cosplay Lolita is really bad, but some are really really good. I just hate how a lot of Lolitas say anyone who does cosplay Lolita isnt a real Lolita, or theyre an Ita Lolita.

Anywhoosle. Id like to try out Hime Lolita and Sweet Lolita. Ive done gothic Lolita, Wa Lolita, and a really ****ty Aristocrat Lolita when I was first starting out. Though, I have a question about Bunny Lolita. I heard that it was a style of Lolita, but Ive never really seen any. I mean, Ive seen winter Lolita coats with bunny hoods and bunny designs on them, but I never thought that itself was Bunny Lolita. If it is, I really want so do some Bunny Lolita lol

(Removed inappropriate content per forum code of conduct.  ~randompvg)

Mate, cosplay + lolita = cosplay lolita = not lolita.

herp

Actually, it is lolita to some who cant afford to do it all the time. Like me. I cant dress it every single day, meaning it is not a style to me, making it a cosplay for me.  Cosplay lolita should be considered lolita, and I do consider it to be, because of the fact that if it still looks like lolita, is made with the right materials, is elegant and beautiful, like all other lolita outfits, then why should it not be considered lolita? If I want to make a lolita dress out of Minnie Mouse's dress and it goes by all the lolita rules, then it is therefore lolita reguardless if Im wearing mouse ears or not. Saying that cosplay lolita is not lolita because of the "cheap materials" is just stupid. I pay top dollar for my fabric and lace, I do not buy any materials for the dress itself at walmart or kmart, and I wear tights and bloomers and a correct petticoat. By all of those accounts, when I cosplay as lolita, I am indeed a lolita. My cosplay lolita dresses are never cheap or trashy looking. Saying that its not lolita just because of a huge sterotype of cosplay lolita being crappy and cheap isnt right. Its the same as calling someone emo or scene because they dress a certain way.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2011, 08:33:05 pm »
I do Lolita fashion only at cons cuz I dont have the money to get outfits to wear on weekends. I barely have money to buy work clothes lol But, I do have to comment and say that not all cosplay Lolita is bad. Im doing Minnie Mouse Lolita as a cosplay, also I plan on doing Wa Lolita with Choji as a cosplay. Some cosplay Lolita is really bad, but some are really really good. I just hate how a lot of Lolitas say anyone who does cosplay Lolita isnt a real Lolita, or theyre an Ita Lolita.

Anywhoosle. Id like to try out Hime Lolita and Sweet Lolita. Ive done gothic Lolita, Wa Lolita, and a really ****ty Aristocrat Lolita when I was first starting out. Though, I have a question about Bunny Lolita. I heard that it was a style of Lolita, but Ive never really seen any. I mean, Ive seen winter Lolita coats with bunny hoods and bunny designs on them, but I never thought that itself was Bunny Lolita. If it is, I really want so do some Bunny Lolita lol

(Removed inappropriate content per forum code of conduct.  ~randompvg)

Mate, cosplay + lolita = cosplay lolita = not lolita.

herp

Actually, it is lolita to some who cant afford to do it all the time. Like me. I cant dress it every single day, meaning it is not a style to me, making it a cosplay for me.  Cosplay lolita should be considered lolita, and I do consider it to be, because of the fact that if it still looks like lolita, is made with the right materials, is elegant and beautiful, like all other lolita outfits, then why should it not be considered lolita? If I want to make a lolita dress out of Minnie Mouse's dress and it goes by all the lolita rules, then it is therefore lolita reguardless if Im wearing mouse ears or not. Saying that cosplay lolita is not lolita because of the "cheap materials" is just stupid. I pay top dollar for my fabric and lace, I do not buy any materials for the dress itself at walmart or kmart, and I wear tights and bloomers and a correct petticoat. By all of those accounts, when I cosplay as lolita, I am indeed a lolita. My cosplay lolita dresses are never cheap or trashy looking. Saying that its not lolita just because of a huge sterotype of cosplay lolita being crappy and cheap isnt right. Its the same as calling someone emo or scene because they dress a certain way.
I think the point she was making was that Lolita is not a costume/cosplay, it is just a fashion style. You wouldn't say "I'm cosplaying Punk" or "I'm cosplaying Goth," because they're fashion trends. There is "themed" Lolita, such as your Minnie Mouse Lolita, which is kind of mixing cosplay and Lolita, that doesn't make it not Lolita, but it makes it more of a costume, which a lot of Lolitas are really hesitant to do because it makes people who don't know that Lolita is a fashion style think that it is just a costume, which it is not to a lot of Lolitas. In general if a dress is not of quality (lace, fabric, etc. regardless of cost), it is considered "Ita" which is not Lolita, and most "cosplay Lolita" is of this type, thus the stereotype because people that "cosplay Lolita" generally do not know "the rules" or what makes good and bad Lolita.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2011, 08:46:25 pm »
A few things:

1. Why would you say you're cosplaying lolita? Wouldn't you just say you're wearing lolita? If I went outside in a formal dress and said "I'M COSPLAYING FORMAL WEAR" people would think I'm an idiot.

2. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean inexpensive. I could go out and spend $500 on a crappy replica with bad fabric and construction and it would still be considered cheap. At the same time, I buy all of my stuff or make it, and I haven't paid more than $50 on anything I wear. I'm only buying my first "real" lolita item this month, and by real I mean it's a Japanese lolita brand piece.

3. I don't wear lolita every single day and it's still a fashion. The fact that I don't wear it all the time doesn't make an entire fashion a cosplay. That's like saying "I don't wear scene clothing every so therefore scene is a costume." It's dumb and a great way to upset people.

Also why don't you go ahead and post pictures of your Minnie Mouse lolita? I'm not meaning to sound rude, I genuinely like Disney-inspired lolita outfits. Some of my favorite outfits pull inspiration from fictional characters.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #308 on: March 10, 2011, 09:27:15 pm »
As for lolita clothes being expensive, Bodyline, Taobao, and Anna House all have relatively inexpensive clothing, or you could just make it yourself as fleur mentioned. You don't need brand to be a lolita.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2011, 01:41:35 pm »
A few things:

1. Why would you say you're cosplaying lolita? Wouldn't you just say you're wearing lolita? If I went outside in a formal dress and said "I'M COSPLAYING FORMAL WEAR" people would think I'm an idiot.

2. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean inexpensive. I could go out and spend $500 on a crappy replica with bad fabric and construction and it would still be considered cheap. At the same time, I buy all of my stuff or make it, and I haven't paid more than $50 on anything I wear. I'm only buying my first "real" lolita item this month, and by real I mean it's a Japanese lolita brand piece.

3. I don't wear lolita every single day and it's still a fashion. The fact that I don't wear it all the time doesn't make an entire fashion a cosplay. That's like saying "I don't wear scene clothing every so therefore scene is a costume." It's dumb and a great way to upset people.

Also why don't you go ahead and post pictures of your Minnie Mouse lolita? I'm not meaning to sound rude, I genuinely like Disney-inspired lolita outfits. Some of my favorite outfits pull inspiration from fictional characters.

As soon as its finished, I would be gald to. And you can look for it at kumoricon.
As to asnwer these, I'll do them one by one. And, Id like you too look at this picture before reading on.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=lolita+styles#/d39x79y

1.I understand that it is a fashion and not a costume. But when people dress up for an 80's dance, are they not, in all honesty, wearing a costume? When people go as goths, punks, and emo kids for halloween, they are dressing up. All of those are fashion styles, and they wear them as costumes. I do not consider myself a lolita girl. I do not read the "lolita bible", I am not an elegant woman, and I am not at all modest. But when I wear a lolita dress, I consider it to be dressing up, which is why I called it cosplaying lolita. If I were to dress up in a formal dress, I wouldnt call it cosplay, but a game of dress up. Which is exactly what it is to me.

2. Yes you are right. I could pay a lot for a poorly constructed dress, and it would be considered cheap. But I make my dresses myself, with good quality fabric; meaning it isnt frayed, is soft, isnt shiny in places, has no holes, ect. I pay good money for good qaulity. I could pay for bad quality, if I bought lolita things. But I dont. I work hard on my dresses to make sure that they are not cheap looking, are not trashy, and have lolita quality in look.

3. As i said above, the example of an 80's dance comes into play here too. 80's fashion is still a fashion to many, as are scene, emo, punk, goth, and cybergoth. But people use those as cosplays too. Ive seen lots of cybergoth cosplays only at conventions, and they are just that. Cosplays. You can turn a whole fashion era into a cosplay if you try. Im not saying that lolita isnt a fashion, but as ive said, fashions can be cosplays too. And to some people who do actually do that; wear scene clothes only every couple of days a week or a month, they do not say they are scene kids. They say they're dressing up in their scene clothes for the fun of it; which is all cosplay really is. Fun.

And Id like to point out that lolita fashion is growing and evolving. Everyday its getting new ideas put in and becoming a genre of lolita fashion. The fact that cosplay lolita has always been seen as a joke is changing, and lolitas should learn to grow with it and accept it. Many new genres of lolita are here now, and people accept them. Saying that cosplay lolita is not lolita because its sometimes done badly, or is too costumey, it wrong. Perfect examples are guro and steampunk and pirate lolita. Theyre costumey, but reguarded as lolita fashions. Same with ero lolita. Theyre costumey, in your face, half the time theyre not modest at all, and they all are still considered lolita fashion.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2011, 04:04:32 pm »
So you linked me to a random person on dA. That doesn't mean they know anything about lolita, they're a random person. "Pinku" and "Mizuiro" aren't lolita styles, and the "Casual" Lolita is a great example of sweeter classic lolita, not actual casual lolita. And there is no such thing as "Cosplay Lolita," that's a classification for someone doing lolita wrong.

As I said in the first post of this thread, this thread is here to help you improve outfits and keep from being mocked by online lolita communities. If you go around saying "I'M COSPLAYING LOLITA" you are going to be looked down on and not taken seriously.
Also, how on earth does a fashion dictate how you act? I'm not elegant, falling down all over and tripping on things constantly, and I'm not modest either. In fact, today I wore a skirt that hit above my knees! Good heavens! Not to mention I swear a lot. When I wear lolita I  consider it dressing up too, but it's not a cosplay or a costume. It's just nice clothes.
The main different between "cosplaying" the 80's vs lolita is that no one actually wears 80's clothing anymore. People frequently wear lolita clothing out as normal clothes. If in like 20 years lolita fashion is completely different, then I could possibly understand "cosplaying lolita."

Also I'm not quite sure you understand how the fashion has changed and grown. In the late 90's and early 2000's, rectangle headdresses were common along with huge chunky mary janes. Nowadays you see split wigs and tea party shoes. I've been following lolita fashion since I was in about 8th grade and I'm about to graduate high school, so trust me, I know my stuff.
Also erololita is considered more of a costume-y lolita for things like photoshoots, like guro or pirate lolita. No one would go out on a normal day in erololita, that's saved for photoshoots or parties or whatever. Actually same with decololita, with crazy huge wigs and accessories everywhere. I'd never wear that out, but I'd wear it to a con or photoshoot or party.

Also you seem to understand the actual fashion but not the culture around it at all. I'd suggest checking out the egl community on livejournal and possibly even getoffegl. I was the lone mod of getoffegl a few years ago, so trust me, I know exactly what not to do.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2011, 04:39:26 pm »
When people go as goths, punks, and emo kids for halloween, they are dressing up. All of those are fashion styles, and they wear them as costumes.
Yes, a costume. That doesn't make them a goth or a punk or an emo kid, and it doesn't make those subcultures respect them at all.

I do not consider myself a lolita girl.
Then why are you asking to get the respect of the lolita community and asking to be called a real lolita? I don't get it.

I do not read the "lolita bible", I am not an elegant woman, and I am not at all modest.
Most lolita don't/aren't, although they're modest while wearing lolita.

But when I wear a lolita dress, I consider it to be dressing up, which is why I called it cosplaying lolita. If I were to dress up in a formal dress, I wouldnt call it cosplay, but a game of dress up. Which is exactly what it is to me.
Except if you're cosplaying lolita, that doesn't make you a lolita. I always found dressing up as a goth/punk/emo kid disrespectful to those subcultures, and cosplaying lolita comes off as the same to me.

You say that you're a lolita when you're cosplaying lolita, but that's like saying you ARE Tifa when you're cosplaying Tifa. You're not Tifa, you're a person cosplaying Tifa, and there's a difference.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2011, 05:40:55 pm »
But when I wear a lolita dress, I consider it to be dressing up, which is why I called it cosplaying lolita. If I were to dress up in a formal dress, I wouldnt call it cosplay, but a game of dress up.

Im sorry but this makes no sense ._. And your second statement contradicts the first.

lolita is a fashion
In its most common usage, "fashion" describes a popular clothing style....so how is it cosplay.....................

I don't even wear lolita and I know this..@A@

Also Katie I wanna get something from bodyline after Sakura con... any suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:41:36 pm by meep »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2011, 07:10:21 pm »
Also Katie I wanna get something from bodyline after Sakura con... any suggestions?
What are you looking for? Like some dresses?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2011, 07:19:51 pm »
What are you looking for? Like some dresses?
yeah some sort of nice cord I can wear sometimes :>

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2011, 08:58:44 pm »
Okay, just go ahead and find stuff that immediately jumps out at you and we can work together to coordinate it.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #316 on: March 17, 2011, 10:00:44 pm »
Man I am so pumped for Sakuracon, I'm putting together a full coord for Milky Berry to wear to the meetup there :3 I'm paying for the dress once I get my Paypal all situated, and then at the end of the month I'm getting a pair of shoes and a cardigan from Bodyline~

Plus I get to see some lolita friends that I haven't seen since last Sakuracon! And the last day is the lolita fashion show! :DDDD And I'm going to do purikura with my lolita friends again too!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:02:44 pm by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #317 on: March 17, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »
I love the Lolita fashion, but I'm not really into dresses and such. I like and wear more male clothing and wondering what is considered a male lolita?

I've seen some, but most of them at more towards a punk/j-rock look.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #318 on: March 17, 2011, 10:45:30 pm »
@nekovamp
Look up Kondona/Oji/Boystyle. It's basically what boys wore in Victorian times.

An outfit I found on a google search.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #319 on: March 17, 2011, 10:56:23 pm »
Thanks so much!
I love this style ^^

And I'm working on getting enough clothing to wear it everyday~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #320 on: March 17, 2011, 11:02:12 pm »
Ahahaha Jameson <3
There's also aristocratic style which is more elegant gothic than lolita, but it's GORGEOUS when done right. It has both feminine and masculine styles.

Dressing up every day is so fun. I haven't done it lately, but in the past I've had weeks where I say "okay, I'm wearing lolita every day this week, GO" and it's really fun. It's not very practical though, I have trouble moving in classrooms because my skirt knocks things off of desks, and also the weather is either way too cold or way too hot for lolita.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #321 on: March 17, 2011, 11:08:46 pm »
Ah, yeah I've seen those ^^
I found a site that has a lot of that style, and it's probably my favorite b/c it can double as Steampunk, another fashion I love <3

Yeah, I can see where that would be hard. That's funny though.
Yeah, fall is probably the best time for Lolita.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #322 on: March 18, 2011, 12:03:35 am »
Fall and spring are the best! Plus the colors for fall and spring work really well with lolita. And yeah last time I wore lolita to school I knocked over a glass of hot chocolate on a table -_- Plus I just got another petticoat to layer under my current one so I'm expecting to do a lot more knocking things over if I dress up for school.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #323 on: March 18, 2011, 12:08:04 am »
lol
Yeah, Lolita not the best in small places...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2011, 04:16:29 pm »
I look horrid in fall and spring colours. Maybe that's one of the reasons I love Gothic so much. . xD

If I get a job over the summer I'll probably end up buying a ton of coords. I made one a few weeks ago with an Alice and the Pirates JSK, but then I was immensely saddened to find out that the dress is $306 w/o shipping. ):
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #325 on: March 18, 2011, 05:30:46 pm »
I look horrid in fall and spring colours. Maybe that's one of the reasons I love Gothic so much. . xD

If I get a job over the summer I'll probably end up buying a ton of coords. I made one a few weeks ago with an Alice and the Pirates JSK, but then I was immensely saddened to find out that the dress is $306 w/o shipping. ):
Yup. Brand is SPENDY. That's why I look at Closet Child and Fairy Angel a lot. You can get some prints that are usually marked up a lot in sales communities for cheaper, but others are more expensive... but it's second hand so most things are less than retail. I've only bought one dress for full price from AATP, and that's because I was literally obsessed with the print for weeeeeeks after I missed the reservation. I was checking the website like, 2-3 times a day to see the announcement for when they'd have it on the online store. XP I got the dress but the headbow and socks were already sold, so I had to find them elsewhere. That's really my only splurge splurge.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #326 on: March 18, 2011, 08:16:36 pm »

Yup. Brand is SPENDY. That's why I look at Closet Child and Fairy Angel a lot. You can get some prints that are usually marked up a lot in sales communities for cheaper, but others are more expensive... but it's second hand so most things are less than retail. I've only bought one dress for full price from AATP, and that's because I was literally obsessed with the print for weeeeeeks after I missed the reservation. I was checking the website like, 2-3 times a day to see the announcement for when they'd have it on the online store. XP I got the dress but the headbow and socks were already sold, so I had to find them elsewhere. That's really my only splurge splurge.
I check Closet Child a lot, too, and other secondhand sites. As for brand being spendy. . It doesn't help that my favourite prints are old Moitie. ): SO EXPENSIVE. Thank god Motie OPs tend to be unflattering on me, though, otherwise I'd be afraid of shelling out $1.2k+ on the Iron Gate OP. (I know, Iron Gate. But it's so pretty~)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2011, 08:20:37 pm »

I check Closet Child a lot, too, and other secondhand sites. As for brand being spendy. . It doesn't help that my favourite prints are old Moitie. ): SO EXPENSIVE. Thank god Motie OPs tend to be unflattering on me, though, otherwise I'd be afraid of shelling out $1.2k+ on the Iron Gate OP. (I know, Iron Gate. But it's so pretty~)
XDDD I'm glad I'm not that big of a fan of gothic. hahahah. I love AATP most I think. And most of their prints (besides the obvious Vampire Requiem), don't inflate too much. But they're really hard to find second hand, even on the LiveJournal sales community.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2011, 08:23:40 pm »
I love super OTT AP stuff but I tend to look like an adult baby when I wear sweet lolita >:
And now because the dollar to yen ratio is ridiculous buying brand straight from the source is hard too, isn't it?

So glad I'm buying Milky Berry second (or third lol) hand. But AP is going to be releasing a print with sheep on it hnnnnnnnng. And sheep are my favorite animal ;~;
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #329 on: March 18, 2011, 08:33:32 pm »
FOR REALS KATIE????? DDDD:> I DIDN'T KNOW THAAAAAT!!! *goes to look*
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #330 on: March 18, 2011, 08:39:58 pm »
It's true!

Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #331 on: March 18, 2011, 11:34:03 pm »
so freaking cute!! lambies!
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #332 on: March 18, 2011, 11:54:50 pm »
Dat bag :B
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2011, 11:57:51 pm »
It reminds me of Lamb Chop. <3
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #334 on: March 19, 2011, 11:23:50 am »
I love super OTT AP stuff but I tend to look like an adult baby when I wear sweet lolita >:
And now because the dollar to yen ratio is ridiculous buying brand straight from the source is hard too, isn't it?

So glad I'm buying Milky Berry second (or third lol) hand. But AP is going to be releasing a print with sheep on it hnnnnnnnng. And sheep are my favorite animal ;~;
I love OTT sweet, but I could never wear it because a. I'd look silly and b. It isn't really my style anyway.

ALSO, HNNNNNNNG. THAT IS ADORABLE. I LOVE LAMBIES.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2011, 11:13:51 pm »
Speaking of lambs, I was at a store in one of my malls and they had a lamb purse, and a bunny purse. I'm guessing they were around for easter, but they were hella tempting. They were $18 though. T_T
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2011, 11:19:37 pm »
...Holly I need pics of the sheep one.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »
I didn't take any. ;_; it was kinda small. but super cute!! I can possibly go back tomorrow and take a pic if you're thinking of making me buy it for you. >_>

When I saw it I thought of you, but I don't have your phone number!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:21:35 pm by bunny_jean »
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #338 on: March 26, 2011, 09:36:17 pm »
Today bunny_jean and I went to a meetup! It was really awesome and she drove me, so we totally had a party car :B

Here's a pic of everyone:

For some reason we didn't really have any sweet lolita! It was a fun change. I've been trying to move more towards gothic (of course I say this as I'm buying an Angelic Pretty dress lol)

And here's what I wore:

Everything's offbrand, my skirt is handmade, and my shoes are from Bodyline :3c
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2011, 01:12:20 am »
speaking of lolita. found this on the front page of the deviant art page, she looks like a doll D:

i seriously had to take a double look at this before i knew it was a real person. she looks so cute! >w<

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2011, 01:37:57 am »
She is cute, but holy crap her head is so tiny! It's kind of weird...
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2011, 01:14:27 pm »
Hey, I was a bit sweet! :P and so was Diana I guess, but we were both on the bitter side. Just ironic that everyone wore black/white/cream/brown. No pink to speak of!
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2011, 03:03:48 pm »
I just got this adorable black and white sailor style lolita dress and I have no shoes!
And all the shoes online are out of my price range!

I'm also planning on making my own dress, but I have no sewing machine...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 03:10:07 pm by Blender »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »
I just got this adorable black and white sailor style lolita dress and I have no shoes!

well you know maybe a pair of cute black boots from hottopic or payless. always works. maybe little dress shoes. :3 you can always turn them lolita maybe get some back boots or dress shoes and little hair hows that matches and remove the clip part and glue on the bows or soemthing thats what we did for my friends lolita

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #344 on: March 27, 2011, 03:12:46 pm »

well you know maybe a pair of cute black boots from hottopic or payless. always works. maybe little dress shoes. :3 you can always turn them lolita maybe get some back boots or dress shoes and little hair hows that matches and remove the clip part and glue on the bows or soemthing thats what we did for my friends lolita
I'll see what I can do.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2011, 03:35:35 pm »
Bodyline has cute shoes for fairly cheap, the only thing is shipping.
Actually I'm trying to order from them right now but their website just crashed |:<
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2011, 03:48:57 pm »
Bodyline has cute shoes for fairly cheap, the only thing is shipping.
Actually I'm trying to order from them right now but their website just crashed |:<
Yeah, I've seen their shoes. I think I'll wait until my dress gets here before I buy any shoes.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2011, 04:07:15 pm »
That's a good idea.
I actually have two pairs of lolita shoes from them and they're great quality for the price.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2011, 04:32:55 pm »
That's a good idea.
I actually have two pairs of lolita shoes from them and they're great quality for the price.
Yeah, but I heard don't buy dresses or skirts from them because they'll make them too short.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2011, 04:55:02 pm »
Really? They have all the measurements on the page with the dresses/skirts, I've never heard of people having a problem with that when it comes to Bodyline.
I think you might be thinking of FanPlusFriend? They tend to mess up measurements pretty badly, but usually they make skirts WAY too long.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter