Author Topic: The Lolita Thread  (Read 211209 times)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: The Lolita Thread
« Reply #500 on: May 17, 2011, 08:45:55 pm »
i will keep that in mind! thanks! ^^ (was it that obvious i was a newbie?) i have a "lolita" tutu i got from hot topic (it has bows and stuff) but thats about it. ive always admired lolita. just havent had a chance to buy any yet.
If you got it from Hot Topic and it's a tutu, it probably isn't lolita, just keep that in mind.

You might want to check out egl, hellolace, and lolitafashion.org before buying anything, just a hint. ;)

I see striped stockings all the time. >_> It just depends on how bold the colors are and what you're matching them with. With the above dress I would have gone with more plain stockings, like plain black, because stripes with the pattern on the dress looks a bit busy. I don't really mind the mismatching of the corset and the middle panel. :P I think it's because the middle panel looks good against the blonde hair and the corset looks good with the black. I'm with Miria about the lace though. >_< Although I'm sure it's hard to find a good lace to go with the dress in Oregon without having to dye it yourself. For that dress I would have picked a rose motif venise or net lace that was black.
You can buy black venise lace online from cheeptrims.com or Martha Not Mary on Etsy.

Striped stockings are advised against because they tend to show up a lot in "ita" outfits. They go great with punk lolita, though~

Fleur, I only have the violin headband in bordeaux, but it is beautiful and I want the rest of the set liek nao. ):
Oh, I know where I get MY venise lace. I have a crap ton from cheeptrims. Not to mention I said "in Oregon," as in "in a store in Oregon." Basically everyone knows you can find almost anything online nowadays. :P
Sorry, I didn't read that part. Whoops. ^^;;

I have two pairs of striped tights/socks that I wear with outfits: blackxwhite to mainly go with Pirate Loli coords, and whitexred that I've worn with my Christmas coord and also with a pinkxred coord. Yes, bxw aren't advised normally, but they can go with a variety of outfits, and I was meaning striped stockings/socks in general, which come in basically every color combo imaginable.
Haha, true. If they're coordinated correctly, they can look really good.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #501 on: May 17, 2011, 08:56:41 pm »
it isnt true lolita. but, it works for a closet outfit. and thanks!
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #502 on: May 17, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »
No problem. ^^
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #503 on: May 17, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »
I see striped stockings all the time. >_> It just depends on how bold the colors are and what you're matching them with. With the above dress I would have gone with more plain stockings, like plain black, because stripes with the pattern on the dress looks a bit busy. I don't really mind the mismatching of the corset and the middle panel. :P I think it's because the middle panel looks good against the blonde hair and the corset looks good with the black. I'm with Miria about the lace though. >_< Although I'm sure it's hard to find a good lace to go with the dress in Oregon without having to dye it yourself. For that dress I would have picked a rose motif venise or net lace that was black.
You can buy black venise lace online from cheeptrims.com or Martha Not Mary on Etsy.

Striped stockings are advised against because they tend to show up a lot in "ita" outfits. They go great with punk lolita, though~

Fleur, I only have the violin headband in bordeaux, but it is beautiful and I want the rest of the set liek nao. ):
Oh, I know where I get MY venise lace. I have a crap ton from cheeptrims. Not to mention I said "in Oregon," as in "in a store in Oregon." Basically everyone knows you can find almost anything online nowadays. :P
It's all good. I know I get excited to tell people where they should get lace when it seems like they're asking. XD
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #504 on: May 17, 2011, 09:02:46 pm »

It's all good. I know I get excited to tell people where they should get lace when it seems like they're asking. XD
xD;; Yeeeah. . IT ISN'T MY FAULT VENISE LACE IS SO BEAUTIFUL.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #505 on: May 17, 2011, 09:05:14 pm »
okay, i looked at those websites, i like hellolace. i found some i like. but, i wont be able to pay for it for a while.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #506 on: May 17, 2011, 09:14:43 pm »
We're in the same boat, then. xD;; So many coords. . So little money. .

In my experience, though, it's better to buy something expensive that'll last for a while than something cheap that won't last for long.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:50 pm »
makes sense.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #508 on: May 17, 2011, 09:47:50 pm »

In my experience, though, it's better to buy something expensive that'll last for a while than something cheap that won't last for long.

Thats not always right i ve gotten things that were expensive and it ended up falling part after wearing it only a few times. as for my stuff from mailanoo they still togeather and i ve had them all for alittle over 2 years

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #509 on: May 17, 2011, 09:49:59 pm »

I also love my expensive stuff a lot more- my Angelic Pretty dress is the most expensive one I own but it's gorgeously sewn, is lined, fits me like a dream (f yeah shirring), and has huge pockets.

Meanwhile I bought a pair of $25 shoes from Bodyline and, after wearing them twice, they had two huge spots where the paint has come off. No bueno.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #510 on: May 17, 2011, 09:52:19 pm »

Thats not always right i ve gotten things that were expensive and it ended up falling part after wearing it only a few times. as for my stuff from mailanoo they still togeather and i ve had them all for alittle over 2 years
And was it Bodyline or from Taobao or burando? They tend to be of better quality than Milanoo. I own a pair of Milanoo bloomers and a pair of Bodyline bloomers, and the Bodyline bloomers are much, much better quality and constructed better. (the funny thing is? they cost around the same price; bodyline's shipping is just more expensive.)

Even if it's lasted two years, if it isn't of good quality, I'd rather have something that is. Especially because you can drop a good amount of money on a Milanoo dress that could have been spent on a much better quality one.

Fleur, I've heard while Bodyline's dress quality has gone up tremendously in the past few years, their shoes. . Not so much. Is that true?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #511 on: May 17, 2011, 09:57:37 pm »
I own two pairs of Bodyline shoes and they're pretty good quality.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #512 on: May 17, 2011, 09:58:14 pm »
No clue. But, the thing is, I use to have no problem with the idea of owning Bodyline's original print stuff, whereas now I'm kinda... Not as fond of it. I can name and list the brand and almost any print I see, including Bodyline ones, and I know a lot of lolitas who can do the same, so I'd rather save up for one really nice AP or Baby dress rather than a few Bodyline ones.

As for shoes, I have three pairs from them. Some white ones, black rocking horse shoes, and now a red pair (the ones with three red bows up the front). The white pair is super destroyed (my fault) but still wearable, the rhs are in pretty good condition, and the red ones are okay. The rhs were $50 plus shipping and they look the best.
I would get shoes from them because if you split the shipping in a group you'd get ~$30 shoes plus like $4 for shipping but now they got rid of DHL so I'll probably move on to taobao for shoes now.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #513 on: May 17, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »
I'm so irritated that they got rid of DHL. ): There was some stuff I wanted to buy, but EMS is really expensive. I see what you mean about rather buying brand, though. I'd rather buy brand, too, but there are some Bodyline pieces I like.

Blender, that's good, there was a pair I was interested in a while back.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:03:17 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #514 on: May 17, 2011, 10:44:31 pm »
i have bought things here in target and kmart, or sears, and they fall apart in less than a year. and then i buy things that i have commissioned from Fanplusfriend, and a few ebay sellers, and they are still here, after 1.5 years ._. yeah... and i paid about $100+ for some outfits...

and since we are talking about shoes >3> should i go with taobao??? or should i try bodyline? ._. *is scared* cuz i need some white short heeled, "x" strap shoes.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »
Go ahead and buy shoes from Bodyline if you can afford them. Buying from taobao isn't worth it for one item. Just be careful with white shoes because they scuff easily, but scuffs can be carefully wiped off with nail polish remover.

Bodyline just came out with that skirt with the dessert print with like chocolate and strawberries on it and HNNNNNG I want it so badly! But as I've said I'd rather save that money and buy an Angelic Pretty jsk. After the fashion show Holly let us pick out some things provided by Billy Galaxy and I got a pink and white adorable headbow that we think might also be Angelic Pretty (but an older piece), and I don't have anything to wear with it.
Also Bodyline's raised their prices which is total bs because their quality hasn't improved as far as I know.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2011, 11:57:41 pm »
aww D: i never got anything T^T

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #517 on: May 18, 2011, 09:06:58 am »
I KNOWW I super want that print! And kinda want the waffle one. >_> lol.

I have a few pairs of BL shoes. White flats, blue semi-heels with the ruffle on the toe, and white boots. I've had them for a while (like over a year) and they haven't fallen apart yet!

As for BL prices... yeah they've definitely gone up. I usually wait until I see that they've lowered the price on the things I want (because if they aren't selling they lower the prices), then order. The last skirt I got from there I got for $19, but I'm pretty sure it was much more originally.

I just lust after brand. XD I'm too poor right now and just got out of a debt hole caused by brand. :P I don't want to get back into it... but why is everything so tempting????
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #518 on: May 18, 2011, 04:00:39 pm »
Seconded on Taobao not being worth it for only one thing. The only reason I just have one thing from there right now is because a friend was making an order and asked if I wanted anything.

Bodyline's quality has improved over the last few years, but I doubt a huge quality increase has happened within a few months. Still, though, they're cheaper than brand and still cheaper than other cheap stores like Milanoo and F+F, and they've got better quality than both.

I love that strawberry JSK. And the waffle JSK. Freaking sweet lolita, why are there so many lovely prints that don't suit me at all? Dx
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #519 on: May 18, 2011, 09:38:16 pm »
well i saw the shoes .3. but they don't have what i want on bodyline :( i saw the parasol and the underskirt that i wanted but not the shoes T^T the most important part ;~; oh well. i'll keep looking.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #520 on: May 21, 2011, 01:20:56 pm »
I've decided that I'm going to save up my money and buy AP's Sugar Pansy OP in pink~
The official online shop actually has them still in stock so idk if I can find it used for cheaper... But it's becoming one of my dream dresses so I'm willing to pay the price :>

But if I find an amazing deal on another dress then I'll probably buy that instead. Sugar Pansy just came out this year so in a while the price will probably go down.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #521 on: May 21, 2011, 02:19:50 pm »
I really like the more casual JSK of that print <3 In lavender and mint though. http://www.angelicpretty-usa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49&products_id=1127
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #522 on: May 21, 2011, 02:29:41 pm »
Ooooh, pretty!

My dream dress from AP is the Marionette Girl JSK in the black and red colourway. Sadly, it's never on sale on Y!Japan or mbok, and when it is, it's always in the pink or blue colourways. ):
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #523 on: May 21, 2011, 05:23:13 pm »
i can have my mom make that dress ._. not worth 400 IMO

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #524 on: May 21, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »
I've never seen a dress cost $400 unless it was a super rare print, I paid $250 including priority shipping and insurance for my AP dress. And it's amazingly sewn, is lined with nice fabric, has full shirring in the back so it fits me perfectly, has custom lace, detachable waist ties, adorable details, and huge pockets sewn in.
Definitely worth the money to me.
Plus you can't make the fabric used in the dress nor can you get the lace.

@Miria- Marionette Girl is sooooooo cute! And it's the best in red, you're right.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #525 on: May 21, 2011, 07:04:31 pm »
On bodyline I want to buy a yukata any sugestions?

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #526 on: May 21, 2011, 08:10:15 pm »
Qutieland has a Marionette Girl replica, but it's like, $126 +shipping, plus you have to wait quite a while for them to make it for you. I'm not sure how it compares to the original either. http://www.qutieland.com/product.php?id=467

Plus, I haven't seen it for sale on the sales comm at ALL this year.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #527 on: May 21, 2011, 08:26:31 pm »
Moitie has $400 dresses, but Moitie tends to use super special fabric and other stuff that makes them nice.

Also, Moitie's prices are nothing compared to haute couture dresses. To get a couture dress, you'd end up dropping around $16-20k or more.

Bunny, I could get it cheaper on Kidsyoyo's actual taobao shop (Qutieland does terrible markups as fleur mentioned earlier in the thread), but ever since I began lurking /cgl/ I've become paranoid of buying replicas. ._.;;

Jacob, I'd tell you not to, if only because Bodyline's yukatas look kind of sketchy. h.Naoto's made a few yukatas, which you can find on Rakuten.
"Would you kindly. ."

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #528 on: May 21, 2011, 08:29:03 pm »
Can I have a link miria?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #529 on: May 21, 2011, 08:33:41 pm »
On second thought, it's way more expensive. .

Sorry, I can't really help you. ^^;;
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #530 on: May 21, 2011, 08:57:44 pm »
i'm just saying that my mother could easily make me a dress like that (she has in the past when i was a little girl) and even add all the details on the fabric by hand if she had to. it's a challenge but it's not hard >.< and it would be much cheaper to make it on your own than buying it >3> i'm starting to think that i should make my lolita dresses in the future <3<

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #531 on: May 21, 2011, 09:04:36 pm »
Well you know I can try my best.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #532 on: May 21, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »
...I'm not sure if it's because you haven't seen my dress in person, but you can't just flawlessly recreate it. Even just recreating the print would be immensely expensive because theoretically you could get custom printed fabric but that is like $30 a yard and you need at least three yards of it for the skirt alone. Then you have the lining which is some sort of satin-silk fabric, a built in petticoat with stiff netting, and at least three differently printed lace.

You could recreate how non-print items look, which I've considered doing and probably will do, but honestly I find it rude that you're saying your mom could just whip out the same exact thing that costs less than mine.

If your mom can do that then she should go into business because she'd be a millionaire.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #533 on: May 21, 2011, 09:28:32 pm »
Hey guys! Got my first JSK in the mail just a few days ago~ Innocent World's Royal Crown Embroidery in chocolate x cafe au lait.

Now if only I could make an outfit to save my life... :I

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #534 on: May 21, 2011, 10:03:31 pm »
:D Awesome, Richie!

Fleur, luvan: In addition to what fleur said, you'd also have to recreate the lace. Since you most likely can't do that, you'd have to commission it from someone who can, which would be expensive. There's also the ribbon, which has the print on it as well. Finally, unless your mom is a professional seamstress, you probably won't get the same quality that AP has.

Sorry, but these dresses are priced this much for a reason. Keep in mind that these are designer dresses, not something from American Eagle or Hot Topic.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:05:49 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #535 on: May 22, 2011, 12:27:10 am »
i didn't mean to sound rude >.< i was merely stating (since i don't have $400 to spend on a dress, that i may only wear occassionally, since i'm not a dress person, and i do change my style everyday) it would be pointless to buy a dress for that much money, and my mom could easily make it for me, and add as much details as possible, and still somewhat look as cute as that. it may not be silk, or expensive material, but she can definitely make it look professional enough and detailed enough to say, that it can pass as a good dress.

never said it can be the same exact thing, but coming from a girl that won't spend more than $15 for a pair of jeans, and isn't too fond of dresses (barely getting into lolita fashion here) i was just saying that the dress can be made, and immitated, for less, and still look good (should have said this earlier, but i was in a rush)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #536 on: May 22, 2011, 12:40:13 am »
Maybe you're not reading my posts, but not many people spend $400 on a dress (unless, as Miria pointed out, it's Moitie or something like that). I don't know anyone who's spent over $300 on a dress, even. And I sew. I've sewn almost all of my lolita stuff, and I know Holly/bunny_jean is an amazing seamstress.
That said, I've only seen one seamstress who could sew at the level of brand, and she's the designer of an indie lolita brand and does commissions for a living, and trust me when I say she's amazing. And even then she charges high prices because sewing stuff with that level of perfectionism takes a LOT of effort and time.

Can you make cute outfits for cheap? Yes, and I did it for several years. But now that I have money to spend on nicer stuff I think my outfits look way better.
Honestly, lolita is expensive. It's about looking expensive and well put-together, and if you're not willing to pay at least more than you would on normal clothes then this might not be the fashion for you. I was told this as a stupid 14-year-old complaining about paying $50 for a skirt, and I realized way later how true it is.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #537 on: May 22, 2011, 02:53:13 am »
lawl i know you have to spend money for a nice outfit, and knowing how it's about having "class" that's great. but for those of us who do not have the money, and actually want to look cute, then we can sew.

and yes, some people do spend over 400 bucks on a dress, and others don't and just do a 100 deal.

i'm sorry that this got into such a big discussion.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #538 on: May 22, 2011, 10:12:37 am »
Yes you can save money making your own Lolita, people aren't disagreeing about that. But the point is that brand is expensive for a reason: their prints are custom made on very fine material ($20-$30 for custom printed fabric at home, and it's not going to be on the best fabric, and there could be printing issues), a lot of their lace is also custom made (you can find similar laces on Cheeptrims or Kuboriki, but with Cheeptrims you have to order at least $60 or so items, and Kuboriki is based in Japan and I have no idea how their site works. lol), the construction is impeccable (seams serged, all items are identical, so yours and your friends should be exactly alike, unlike replicas). Needless to say, by the time you've spent all the money to "make your own exact replica of a brand dress," you've dropped around $120 on fabric and lace alone, plus all of the man hours involved (when I do special commissions I charge for materials +$10 ish per hour of work), you've spent about as much money as a brand dress would cost you.

Also, you can save money on brand by buying second hand on the comm_sales, fairy angel, closet child, etc, etc, etc. I have three brand dresses. One I bought directly from AatP for around $370 total (I slightly regret spending that much money, but it's the most gorgeous thing on earth and I've only seen it second hand from places about three times since I bought mine, and it was still about that much money). The other two are Btssb Snow Dot OP's, one in mint and one in pink. The mint one I got at the Baby store in San Fran for 40% off because it was old stock. The pink one I got on Closet child for about $150. Depending on the print, style, and popularity of a dress, you can either save money or spend more on second hand compared to its original retail price.

Please understand that we're not trying to target you, we just want you to understand what we're trying to say, because it seems like you aren't understanding and just keep saying that "your mom could make that same dress for less money."
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #539 on: May 22, 2011, 08:24:49 pm »
i do understand what you are saying, but i'm stating that if i don't want to spend that much money, my mother CAN replicate it to the best of her ability, (even if she can't get the print custom made, we can easily just paint it on), so that I can have a dress that I can wear, and fit me and look like it. i can't afford a dress like that, and i rarely find used dresses in my size. (9-12)

i understand that those brands are expensive for A REASON. materials, time, it's all in the price. believe me. if a costume can go up to 1k I should know that a fashion line such as these, can get up much higher due to the materials being so hard to make, or hard to find.

and i know you aren't targeting me, you are targeting my words, expressions, etc. so you can get your point across to the best of your ability. but sadly when it comes to arguing, even if both parties don't intend to hurt one another, there is always some bruises.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »
^ I could be wrong, but it seems like the sticking point is "to the best of her ability" - would it be accurate to say that to you it means "Good enough to make me happy, even if it's not a true replica" while to others it means "Good but not on the same level as professional"? It seems like the two are the same definition, just from different perspectives.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2011, 09:08:28 pm »
For the record, I have nothing against replicas, and I want to buy a few for myself simply because I can't fit into all dresses (and usually by only 1 or 2 inches ffffff-), but good luck painting this:

I took these pictures in April but man just looking at them reminds me of how worth the price it was <3

And I'm excited because I just found out one of my good friends who is also a lolita is moving down to Portland next week! I can't wait! We're going to have a little meetup to welcome her :DDD
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2011, 09:10:58 pm »
Also, it really all depends on how you value your time.

In a few months I'm going to be a full time college student taking 18 credits. With a job. Basically: I'm gonna be busy and have no social life or time for much stuff. It really isn't worth it to buy a sewing machine and learn to sew because I'm gonna be so busy, and it'd be cheaper for me to just buy brand.

I've got nothing against replicas and I hope this doesn't offend you, but it seemed like you were complaining about how much brand costs because your mom could make it for much less, according to you. Sorry if that isn't what you meant.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2011, 10:05:40 pm »
Eep! Katie I'm so excited Kirsty is moving down! <3 Also Pirates meetup sometime peeps? I was hoping for the weekend of the 11th and 12th cuz I'll most likely be up for bf's sister's grad party/open house. I just have to be inconspicuous. :P
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #544 on: May 22, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »
A Lolita Pirates meet? Sounds interesting.

*sigh*
I can't wait to get a job so i can actually buy Kodona clothing...Right now I just have to live off Goodwill and making my own things...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #545 on: May 22, 2011, 10:18:10 pm »
Eep! Katie I'm so excited Kirsty is moving down! <3 Also Pirates meetup sometime peeps? I was hoping for the weekend of the 11th and 12th cuz I'll most likely be up for bf's sister's grad party/open house. I just have to be inconspicuous. :P
Me too! I hope the weather gets nicer really quickly because I want to plan a zoo meet in celebration of her and her posse moving down here.

And go for it! Seriously just do what I do and post on lj/fb saying "show up here at this time and day for a meet" and whoever shows up shows up. People waffle around trying to decide a time/date/activity and then nothing ever ends up getting done >:
Oh man I have no clue what I'd wear to a pirate-themed meet...
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #546 on: May 22, 2011, 10:26:54 pm »
I'm just unsure if I'll be going up there, but I should be? There was also talk of a meetup the weekend after that on lj. So June looks to be full of meetups! I'll probs only be able to go to one though. >_<
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #547 on: May 22, 2011, 10:32:39 pm »
Just try to go to the meets that you want to, if you want to see Kirsty then I'm pretty sure she'll be going to plenty of meets haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #548 on: May 22, 2011, 10:41:08 pm »
That was basically one of the big reasons she wanted to move out of Walla Walla anyway. XD I'll post something about going to see Pirates soon. >_<
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #549 on: May 23, 2011, 03:16:37 pm »
ffffffff I read 'Kirsty' as 'Kristy' and was about to yell at you for spelling my name wrong. ._.;;
"Would you kindly. ."