Author Topic: Slayers boots  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
Slayers boots
« on: June 19, 2009, 11:40:51 am »
Hey fella's! I hope it's alright to ask this here, but I'm in a little bit of a bind... You see, my sister is going as Lina Inverse and we need her boots still (we have the rest of the cosplay all planned out). I have two pictures here for reference:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/Edward_Elric_Sama/SLAY01.jpg

http://www.windofthestars.com/cosplays/lina2.jpg

(I don't know why, but it's REALLY hard to find pictures of her bloody shoes D: )

Anywho, I was wondering if anyone knows a place that can make boots like that, or knows a place to find boots that look similar? I checked ebay for boots, and although my sister thinks that go go boots would work, I don't think so (they should have the fold at the top, and we could even add the jewels ourselves).

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys! ^^

EDIT - Oh, and the jewels are green btw; it's hard to tell from the pic, so I thought I'd mention that.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 11:42:12 am by Gourry Gabriev kun »
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
Re: Slayers boots
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:33:17 pm »
Hey there!

Well, depending on the color... like

or a off-white version... I would say she wears Pirate boots. Those boots with the flap on the calf part.

Black Pirate boots are easy to find on ebay, amazon..and sometimes thrift stores.

As for off-white version, I found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/WHITE-PIRATE-SLOUCH-BOOTS-SIZE-7_W0QQitemZ250445785167QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Shoes?hash=item3a4fbb684f&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Slayers costumes are a require effort! You might try looking into those that I mentioned. Hope this helps a bit! ^_^ Good luck!
And so it begins...

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:30:49 pm »
Man, those white slouch boots that you posted a link for looked perfect! It's too bad the bidding already ended, but now that I know that white boots like that exist... That's such a help! Thank you very much! I was also thinking that if I can't find any white boots, then I might try spray painting black boot covers... I was wondering if that would work?

Thank you very, very much for the help! ^.^

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 01:57:18 pm »
Hiya! No problem, I am glad that I could help. As for spray painting black boot covers...you might want to do a little research. I think I read somewhere that the paint may crack (and fall off?) as you use the boots. It would also depend on the type of spray paint you use. Then, there are those boot cover tutorials on cosplay.com and I think there's a thread here on the forums too...

Good luck~! I should get to work on my costume too~ ^_^
And so it begins...

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:35:18 pm »
Thanks a bunch for the info and advice! I'll have to look into those tutorials, especially since it's a lot harder than I thought it would be to find white slouch boots... In a size 10. D:

Thanks again, and good luck on your costume as well! >w<

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=