Author Topic: Facial Piercings - Advice?  (Read 1097 times)

oslapedo

Facial Piercings - Advice?
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:46:52 pm »
Lately I've been thinking about getting my lower lip pierced but I'm still in the early stages of planning it out. I think I'd like something like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GiMaIGztpbg/Rw9yPUSKu1I/AAAAAAAAA5U/mMImPEK58sA/s400/Lip_Piercing_by_rivjern.jpg but with the ring more to the center. Is that possible? And what places are of high quality and reccomended for piercings? If my ears are allergic to any metal but gold is that the same for my lips? (It's the reason my ears aren't pierced- they got infected with cheap earrings and closed up years ago; I never bothered to re-pierce them.)

Thanks for taking the time to read my excess of questions~

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Re: Facial Piercings - Advice?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 07:22:26 pm »
I have my lip pierced twice on the same side. My first one I got done is much closer to the middle of my lip then the side, so yes, it's possible. I'm pretty sure if you're allergic to something, the rest of your body is going to reject it, as well. I know my sister's piercings have been rejected because she's been allergic to certain metals.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:53:05 pm »
as for places to go, i'd recommend adorn body art in beaverton, or the one on the east side of portland. i got my septum and nostril pierced at the one in beaverton. they are really knowledgeable and can probably answer any questions you might have ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:53:28 am »
My advice is to not get any.  They're stupid looking and impractical.  That's just my input though.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 09:05:02 am »
Moving on past the statement disregarding your desire to get a piercing, Oslapedo, I definitely encourage you to proceed with it if it is something you personally feel led to. Of course I have to suggest not getting pierced for the sake of fashion or trend, because both of those things change from day to day, and piercings can (and usually do) have permanent effects on your body. Not negative effects, mind you, just effects in general. Like, I love piercings but only have one because my body scars up terribly with piercings now. I keep that one though because I love how it looks and it is part of me now. Not just a trendy thing to have done at one point. So, yeah, definitely make sure it is something you're doing for you, and not the world, before you go through with it.

As for the metal allergy, your ears may have reacted that way because of the cheap quality of earrings you tried putting into them. Have you ever bought "official piercing-grade metal" jewelry, like sold at a piercing studio or shop? That can actually make a massive difference. Most of the jewelry sold at places like Clare's or Icings is not meant to be healthy towards the body, it is just meant to be pretty in little girls' ears. Even Hot Topic sells jewelry that anby real piercer would never suggest putting in your body; it just isn't up to snuff, so to speak. That's why I always recommend buying your jewelry from a professional studio. Yes it costs a little more but the effects are worlds apart as far as acceptance and irritation go.

And yes, I too recommend Adorn Body Art. They have a nearly flawless reputation and a decade of experience on all sides of the table. They care genuinely about the customer's desire to get modified, and they go the full length with you making sure it will work with your body and fit to your liking. They can answer your questions and really help you along in the process. You can get more details here: http://www.adornbodyart.com/

Oh, and as for location, do you mean dead center bottom lip, like this: http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/05-lips/A90609/high/fvjf-triangle-cbr.jpg
Or more to the side?
Either way is possible, I am just curious which you prefer. I have the center of my lip pierced and personally think that looks the best, but that is just me. You do what you want (of course).

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post, but with piercings, sometimes details and explanations are necessary. ^_^ Good luck with everything! Be sure to post pics if you do get it done.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 06:37:18 pm »
NO SAHARA, NO FACIAL PIERCINGSSSSSS.
NO, NO, NO, NO.
YOU'LL REGRET IT.
DUN DO IT. D<
But if you do end up getting one, get a really cool one. >3

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 07:03:16 pm »
well i think you should get one if you want it. if you don't like it, it's easy enough to just take it out. and if you take it out sooner rather than later, you probably won't even get a mark/scar. it seems you really want one, so i say go for it. but it's really up to you, do what you want, not what people tell you you should want, lol. but that's not really what the thread is about *end rant*

make sure you go to adorn, though, if you can, because they're awesome ^.^ *is an adorn loyalist for life*

let's all meet at icicle inn!