Author Topic: Wig/jacket help  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
Wig/jacket help
« on: July 02, 2009, 05:55:10 pm »
I'm trying to find a good/decent wig for my Axel/Roxas cosplays. I've had no luck in finding one, I've checked CosWorx, Cosplaymagic, Mooncostume, and a few others but none were nearly half as good as one's that I've seen before. I've found some that were too dark or too light and the spikes going all over the place.

Any recomendations? Also for the Org. jacket? I'm on a tight budget so if you have used wigs I'd give them a loving home or a link to where there's good Axel/Roxas wigs.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:55:56 pm by Konan-ChanX3 »
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: Wig/jacket help
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 06:00:29 pm »
You could try styling the wigs yourself?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:07:54 pm »
I thought about that but I still can't find a good Axel/Roxas wig to go from.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 06:25:30 pm »
Thanks catch, i'll take a look at thoes when i get the chance.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 06:27:27 pm »
No problem~!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 11:26:26 am »
I bought my Axel wig at Cosworx. It was Punky in color 1b/REDTL I believe. To get a 'good' Axel wig, you really have to style it yourself. That or get it commissioned. But getting it commissioned isn't the best option. The person commissioning you the wig doesn't know the shape of your face, and when they do the widows peak, while it looks good on the wig head, it might look funny on your own. I learned that the hard way when we styled my Axel wig to the wig head. To get his widow peak and the rest of his hair line correct you'll either have to buy two of the same wigs, and rip out wefts in the shape of his hairline, and sew those on, then sew extra wefts along the edges so it'll have a fuller look. Or when you cut the wig you could use the extra hair you cut off, make them into wefts, and sew the wefts you made onto a piece of scrap fabric, after you cut out his hairline from it, then sew it onto the wig.

It sounds like a complicated process, but it's really not. Personally I'd shell out the 60$ to get two wigs, then just use wefts from one and attach it to the other. I've done both methods, and buying two wigs is a lot easier, less stressful, and it looks and turns out better in the end.

EDIT:

Also, I've seen that red pre-spiked wig that CatchxMe linked you to, it doesn't look at all like the picture. The spikes are EVERWHERE, and it's a very bright orangish red color. I wouldn't recommend it. =/

As for Roxas wigs, they really aren't that hard to style, you could easily style one yourself!

And as for Organization jackets, I think the best route would be is to buy fabric and make it yourself. It cost me 25$ to make mine.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:33:51 am by Sayda »
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 11:30:27 am »
I think your Axel wig is the best one I have seen. You did a fantastic job on it.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:00 am »
Haha thanks Nikki. It was a pain for sure, but Anna beasted it and it turned out really well.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 03:53:13 pm »
Thanks Sayda, i was thinking about the one off cosworx and styling it myself [lets just hope I don't fail like last time] as for Roxas, I've styled one before for roxas it wasn't too hard. The only other problem I have is the jacket, I don't have proper fabric cutting scissors nor do I have a sewing machine.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS