Author Topic: Complaints, anyone?  (Read 81008 times)

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Re: Complaints, anyone?
« Reply #600 on: November 04, 2009, 04:30:38 pm »
i would like to complain about "the more mature members of this site" because apparently i "do not get along with them", and apparently my "name is behind every issue on this site."

Yup, I got this one too.

Especially that last bit of italics.

INCOMING BANHAMMER!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #601 on: November 04, 2009, 04:31:48 pm »
Since this is our topic of the day it seems:
http://kankurouandkarasu.deviantart.com/art/My-gay-rights-speech-142533530

YUSH!
THAT IS MINE!
Question: what is the penalty or sentence for an illegal gay marriage?

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #602 on: November 04, 2009, 04:32:39 pm »
I can honestly say I don't know.
I will do some more research and get back to you...
Unless that was a rhetorical question
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #603 on: November 04, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »
Notice that they're cheering. They won this morning. Gay people in Maine are officially annuled in their marriages.
Politics are so touchy...but I have to at least comment once on this...**** you if you think that gay people don't deserve to have rights & be treated the same as the rest of the world. That is no different than being a racist pig & I think it's BS. Let people live how they want to live & love who they want to love...keep your prejudiced opinions in your own **** head!

On a side note...I would like to complain that there aren't enough new complaints for a few hours now... o.o ... complain away!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #604 on: November 04, 2009, 04:34:40 pm »

YUSH!
THAT IS MINE!
I read the first sentence and I started laughing on the floor.

I complain that my baby sister keeps on moving the TV.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #605 on: November 04, 2009, 04:41:56 pm »
i would like to complain about "the more mature members of this site" because apparently i "do not get along with them", and apparently my "name is behind every issue on this site."

Yup, I got this one too.

INCOMING BANHAMMER!
well lucky me it was nikkiolie saying that to me and not jefft, bigguy, or any of the other staff.

i think that i find "the more mature members of this site" are actually the unreasonable ones who have fits over little things, even after they are fixed

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #606 on: November 04, 2009, 04:43:42 pm »
I COMPLAIN THAT POKEMON IS A FILLER.
I also complain that Ash has puberty problems...

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #607 on: November 04, 2009, 04:44:33 pm »

YUSH!
THAT IS MINE!

nice, I must say there are quite a few good points in there... One thing I came up with is if they ban gay marriage, why not ban people of two different religions from getting married? I mean 1) it's going against your religion by accepting another religion, 2) it will harm the childrens mind by confusing them into having to practice 2 different religions, and 3) it's just weird to mix religion, and 4) if you don't have a religion, you just can't get married, because religion's are the people who perform the marriage, and no one else can (all of this I had mentioned was sarcasm for anyone who didn't know) what I just did was the same thing that prop 8 and 1 main did.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #608 on: November 04, 2009, 04:46:48 pm »
Cut them some slack guys (at Cthlu and Tanis)

They are doing what they find right.

Please, don't argue with them in a disrespectful immature manner, they are just trying to make a point.
ALWAYS try and see the other persons perspective
It is going to be...

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #609 on: November 04, 2009, 04:47:21 pm »

Yup, I got this one too.

INCOMING BANHAMMER!
well lucky me it was nikkiolie saying that to me and not jefft, bigguy, or any of the other staff.

i think that i find "the more mature members of this site" are actually the unreasonable ones who have fits over little things, even after they are fixed
^ I beg to differ thank you...I complain about the falseness of this statement. I am a very reasonable person ;D

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #610 on: November 04, 2009, 04:48:39 pm »

Please, don't argue with them in a disrespectful immature manner, they are just trying to make a point.
Their perspective is to shut down homosexuality because it's wrong. Are you saying that gay folks should shut up and take it?

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #611 on: November 04, 2009, 04:52:26 pm »
yes, we all have the right to make points, like sound said, and there could be reasons for why they were complaining about it. The instance that nikkie was complaining about is again something that I'm sure a few other people had the same problem with, and she did have the right to bring it up... Now that it's changed tho, I see no reason to continue complaining about it because of the fact it no longer seems racist, or could be used as a racist joke, so now that it's changed, there should be no more complaints about it. Now, if it continues to cause problems, then come to an understanding and be considerate of everyone's feelings... You know, compromise on it.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #612 on: November 04, 2009, 04:53:17 pm »
^^the more mature members of this site
0_0...

Mature people haunt me...
On PM.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #613 on: November 04, 2009, 04:58:22 pm »
Tanis is a BAMF. I know people who agree.

*looks at toy Naruto* YOU AGREE?

Naruto: POINT BLANK, I like ramen.

Hey, How do you know?

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #614 on: November 04, 2009, 04:58:54 pm »
Tanis is a BAMF. I know people who agree.

*looks at toy Naruto* YOU AGREE?

Naruto: POINT BLANK, I like ramen.

Hey, How do you know?
And this is precisely why I uphold my sworn duties.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #615 on: November 04, 2009, 05:00:18 pm »

Their perspective is to shut down homosexuality because it's wrong. Are you saying that gay folks should shut up and take it?

wait, what? Who is trying to shut down homosexuality?

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #616 on: November 04, 2009, 05:00:58 pm »

Christianity. Here, I'll help you get out from under that rock.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #617 on: November 04, 2009, 05:01:09 pm »
This is why its best to keep politics of ANY kind out of discussion...people get a bit on the crazy side & then the personal attacks start...can PM your hatreds or just ignore them...back on topic now if we could please...

I would like to complain that I just found out there is a 80% probability that my work will be removing our scheduler/my backup & sending them to work at our other site...& instead of finding another way to do his job, they are talking about just adding it to my daily workload...as if I don't already have enough to do as it is.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #618 on: November 04, 2009, 05:01:20 pm »

In no way was I saying that, and I truly have no clue where that came from
I myself am bi-sexual, and if I had a problem with gays that would be hypocrisy at it's finest
It is going to be...

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #619 on: November 04, 2009, 05:01:51 pm »
Your duties as a BAMF is going good I guess?

Anyways... That whole gay rights thing reminds me of the metro sexual episode of South Park.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #620 on: November 04, 2009, 05:05:03 pm »

ah, yes, some form's of christianity has been very bad about homosexuality... as for me, I am an Idealist Christean (something I came up with myself) it's where we still fallow the bible, but examine it more, we do not discriminate in any way, and realize that it's only a history book, and that you are only supposed to fallow a few things (the ten commandments and jesus is our lord and savior) what we also realize is that we may be wrong, but we still fallow it because it's faith... The last thing is that we do not force our religion onto anyone else, we just talk about it, and if you don't wish to hear it, just ask and we'll change the subject, that's all.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #621 on: November 04, 2009, 05:06:51 pm »

ah, yes, some form's of christianity has been very bad about homosexuality... as for me, I am an Idealist Christean (something I came up with myself) it's where we still fallow the bible, but examine it more, we do not discriminate in any way, and realize that it's only a history book, and that you are only supposed to fallow a few things (the ten commandments and jesus is our lord and savior) what we also realize is that we may be wrong, but we still fallow it because it's faith... The last thing is that we do not force our religion onto anyone else, we just talk about it, and if you don't wish to hear it, just ask and we'll change the subject, that's all.
Personally, the way I think it should be done is that the subject can be changed to Christianity upon request, otherwise it shouldn't be talked about. This is how I handle my own religious matters, by keeping them close to the vest until someone asks.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #622 on: November 04, 2009, 05:08:17 pm »

Personally, the way I think it should be done is that the subject can be changed to Christianity upon request, otherwise it shouldn't be talked about. This is how I handle my own religious matters, by keeping them close to the vest until someone asks.

pretty much, I was talking about when religion is being discussed to begin with (I really need to explain what I mean more) But ya, it's not right to even start talking about religion unless it was already brought up, than at least be allowed to voice your own opinion about it.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #623 on: November 04, 2009, 05:09:45 pm »
This is scary.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #624 on: November 04, 2009, 05:10:51 pm »
This is scary.
This is reality. You're gonna deal with this until you're dead or deprived of human interaction on any level. Get used to it.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #625 on: November 04, 2009, 05:13:19 pm »
This is scary.
This is reality. You're gonna deal with this until you're dead or deprived of human interaction on any level. Get used to it.

ya, and as such, we must figure out how to make reality a better place instead of the hate mongering world that it is today... I'm sometimes embarrassed to be white because of how they act towards other races, or christian because of those hard core christians that are bible thumpers and don't listen to reason.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #626 on: November 04, 2009, 05:16:01 pm »
Hey. You know how every good deed we do we get something in our house in Heaven. I wonder how Jesus's house looks like.
I bet he has party's all night.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #627 on: November 04, 2009, 05:17:55 pm »
Hey. You know how every good deed we do we get something in our house in Heaven. I wonder how Jesus's house looks like.
Entirely unrelated.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #628 on: November 04, 2009, 05:18:33 pm »

Oh hecks yes, he's awesome... which is why I love this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LyKxzw6cjg because Jesus rocks, and is a BAMF. Also, him and God are great at joking around and pulling pranks, which is why we all need to be less serious and just enjoy things and other people.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #629 on: November 04, 2009, 05:21:25 pm »
^^Excuse me. DO YOU WANT TO SEE ME AT CHURCH!
птщвашрпщфтуптмост ордвытмвыо щ тщытпщт ващыупшролтды тоыщштю
and I agree with Leon. Church is not boring for people who don't go.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #630 on: November 04, 2009, 05:22:04 pm »
^^Excuse me. DO YOU WANT TO SEE ME AT CHURCH!
птщвашрпщфтуптмост ордвытмвыо щ тщытпщт ващыупшролтды тоыщштю
and I agree with Leon. Church is not boring for people who don't go.
wut

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #631 on: November 04, 2009, 05:24:01 pm »

If you're going to talk about something religious then at least take it seriously. :/

And always speak thing respectfully.
Please, do so, or it could manage to insult someone
It is going to be...

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #632 on: November 04, 2009, 05:24:17 pm »
Before I get on my soap box, I'd like to apologize in advance to the moderarors if I offend them or if I offend anyone else. And with that being said I have to get this off my chest.

I respect Judism, Islam, and Christianity themselves. The three faiths of the Isrealites have aspects to them which are absolutely wonderful. But they also have aspects that if interpreted in a fashion can be used to justify great evil. Look at how Torqemada and the Spanish Inquisition soiled Christianity's good name, same is true of these Islamic fundamendalists trying to destroy us currently, and I don't doubt that there are Jewish extremists out there who can be hateful. In every faith like in every aspect of society there are always going to be proverbial bad apples.
And as for gays and lesbians I'll say this. Admittedly the sight of two guy kissing activates my ick factor. bit that's only because I'm a woman chasing kind of guy (albiet a shy one). Stiill I'm of the very strong opinion that gays and lesbians are human beings who deserve the same rights and dignities as the rest of us. And things will change. Remember our parents aren't going to be in charge forever, one day soon it'll be our turn to step up to the proverbial plate. And when that happens change will come. Change is never easy and there will be many setbacks before it happens, but trust me change is going to happen. It's an ineveitable fact of the universe.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #633 on: November 04, 2009, 05:47:13 pm »
Before I get on my soap box, I'd like to apologize in advance to the moderarors if I offend them or if I offend anyone else. And with that being said I have to get this off my chest.

I respect Judism, Islam, and Christianity themselves. The three faiths of the Isrealites have aspects to them which are absolutely wonderful. But they also have aspects that if interpreted in a fashion can be used to justify great evil. Look at how Torqemada and the Spanish Inquisition soiled Christianity's good name, same is true of these Islamic fundamendalists trying to destroy us currently, and I don't doubt that there are Jewish extremists out there who can be hateful. In every faith like in every aspect of society there are always going to be proverbial bad apples.
And as for gays and lesbians I'll say this. Admittedly the sight of two guy kissing activates my ick factor. bit that's only because I'm a woman chasing kind of guy (albiet a shy one). Stiill I'm of the very strong opinion that gays and lesbians are human beings who deserve the same rights and dignities as the rest of us. And things will change. Remember our parents aren't going to be in charge forever, one day soon it'll be our turn to step up to the proverbial plate. And when that happens change will come. Change is never easy and there will be many setbacks before it happens, but trust me change is going to happen. It's an ineveitable fact of the universe.

This is true on many fronts. For religion, some people take it way out of context and manipulate it for their own means, in fiction, and reality (Judge Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame is a very real villain, and is fairly based off of Hittler in many ways, including the use of religion to justify their reasoning for doing it and getting the masses to support them) Now, the problem is that hate isn't born, it's bread. No one is born evil, but if your razed around it, you will not see how bad it truly is, and as such, will fallow the same path as your family... It also goes for where you live, my ex's sister used to live up here in a sub racist house (to much to explain, and it sucked by the way) when she moved down to Alabama, it was a complete change. She now looks at other races with some discussed, and her two daughters, the oldest being 6, is now using racist remarks and despising other races, so it's going to take more than just us taking over sadly.

Offline AllyKat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #634 on: November 04, 2009, 05:49:01 pm »
I don't know how much of a complain this is:

I want to complain that I knew the day would come when this thread would be used for ranting about
politics/personal vendettas/religion and I did nothing to stop it.

Now lets go hypocritical;

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but lets not lump all christians in together and call them all sexists racists evil whatevers (or whatever is on the menu today, I think it's bigotry with a side of anti-gay rights) because you know we aren't all that bad. Same goes for republicans. You can't say they all hate gay marriage/gay rights cuz you haven't met all of them.

But I know none of you were being that broad, you were just upset and needing a place to vent! and thats what this place is for! Remember that people on the other side have just as strong feelings. If Prop 1 had been voted no, you would have seen teary faces on the other side and cheering and jubulation on the Pro-Gay community side... so really, everyone is the same, it's just their choices.

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I know that gay rights is one of those issues that can get out of hand quickly. As the president of my highschools GSA back in my senior year I know people can be harsh on both sides of the argument. I was actually told I was going to hell because I supported gay rights from not only fellow mormons, but also other christians. In the same day I was told by the counselor of the GSA I was the president of that I better not bring my Religion toting redneck attitude into HER program or she'd get me expelled. I felt like I fit in nowhere... and was being rideculed because I believed in the basics of every religion and the basics of our nation:
Peace on earth
Freedoms of Life & Liberty and persuit of Happiness
Love the sinner, hate the sin

And all that other mumbo jumbo which basically means, let people live there lives how they will, love them for who they are, disagree with what they may do but don't hurt your relationship with the person just because you disagree. Hate and Pain are waaaay waaay worse than sins of the flesh, at least as I read it.

As for problems on the forums; my complain here is:

I want to complain that people only think about themselves these days, why can't anyone worry about other people and care about other people anymore?

Hasty generalization, I know, but what I mean is... everyone wants to be RIGHT even I am guilty of this pain at times! We stomp on everyone and shove our opinion or our decisions/information down everyone's throats and if they don't like it "Tough". What ever happened to that sacred art of persuasion, where your job was to build up the people around you, and rally them to your cause without them ever knowing they changed sides! Where have all the cowboys gone!... wait... wrong idea.

We need to wake up and realize we are becoming petty and anxious, too much time on the nets is making our instant-gratification meters sky rocket and our need to know and do and be the best way more important than the most important thing about kumoricon- making friends and enjoying anime!

I mean, seriously, there shouldn't BE problems where people actively distrust, hate or don't want to talk to or be involved with certain board members because we shouldn't be engaging in activities that pit eachother against others in away that is THAT competitive or THAT destructive! It should all be in good fun and for the sake of comraudery!

Of course, this isn't a perfect world, so there will be some fights... but it all seems to be happening WAY too much... what is going on? What is in our.... *GASP*

My final complaint:

Those freaking h1n1 vaccines are causing normally mild mannered people to be enraged and mean or short tempered! This is the T-virus! The Zombie appocolypse is nigh! And that makes me upset!

Whooo... thats a lot of complaint from one person! sorry!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #635 on: November 04, 2009, 06:04:03 pm »
MY COMPLAINT:
I MISS YOU GUYS
It is going to be...

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #636 on: November 04, 2009, 06:07:36 pm »
MY COMPLAINT:
I MISS YOU GUYS

WE MISS YOU TOO

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #637 on: November 04, 2009, 06:20:17 pm »
I don't know how much of a complain this is:

I want to complain that I knew the day would come when this thread would be used for ranting about
politics/personal vendettas/religion and I did nothing to stop it.

Now lets go hypocritical;

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but lets not lump all christians in together and call them all sexists racists evil whatevers (or whatever is on the menu today, I think it's bigotry with a side of anti-gay rights) because you know we aren't all that bad. Same goes for republicans. You can't say they all hate gay marriage/gay rights cuz you haven't met all of them.

But I know none of you were being that broad, you were just upset and needing a place to vent! and thats what this place is for! Remember that people on the other side have just as strong feelings. If Prop 1 had been voted no, you would have seen teary faces on the other side and cheering and jubulation on the Pro-Gay community side... so really, everyone is the same, it's just their choices.

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I know that gay rights is one of those issues that can get out of hand quickly. As the president of my highschools GSA back in my senior year I know people can be harsh on both sides of the argument. I was actually told I was going to hell because I supported gay rights from not only fellow mormons, but also other christians. In the same day I was told by the counselor of the GSA I was the president of that I better not bring my Religion toting redneck attitude into HER program or she'd get me expelled. I felt like I fit in nowhere... and was being rideculed because I believed in the basics of every religion and the basics of our nation:
Peace on earth
Freedoms of Life & Liberty and persuit of Happiness
Love the sinner, hate the sin

And all that other mumbo jumbo which basically means, let people live there lives how they will, love them for who they are, disagree with what they may do but don't hurt your relationship with the person just because you disagree. Hate and Pain are waaaay waaay worse than sins of the flesh, at least as I read it.

As for problems on the forums; my complain here is:

I want to complain that people only think about themselves these days, why can't anyone worry about other people and care about other people anymore?

Hasty generalization, I know, but what I mean is... everyone wants to be RIGHT even I am guilty of this pain at times! We stomp on everyone and shove our opinion or our decisions/information down everyone's throats and if they don't like it "Tough". What ever happened to that sacred art of persuasion, where your job was to build up the people around you, and rally them to your cause without them ever knowing they changed sides! Where have all the cowboys gone!... wait... wrong idea.

We need to wake up and realize we are becoming petty and anxious, too much time on the nets is making our instant-gratification meters sky rocket and our need to know and do and be the best way more important than the most important thing about kumoricon- making friends and enjoying anime!

I mean, seriously, there shouldn't BE problems where people actively distrust, hate or don't want to talk to or be involved with certain board members because we shouldn't be engaging in activities that pit eachother against others in away that is THAT competitive or THAT destructive! It should all be in good fun and for the sake of comraudery!

Of course, this isn't a perfect world, so there will be some fights... but it all seems to be happening WAY too much... what is going on? What is in our.... *GASP*

My final complaint:

Those freaking h1n1 vaccines are causing normally mild mannered people to be enraged and mean or short tempered! This is the T-virus! The Zombie appocolypse is nigh! And that makes me upset!

Whooo... thats a lot of complaint from one person! sorry!

~Allykat
Wow AllyKat....very well said...that is all I can honestly say to that...WELL SAID

On the last bit there...I would like to complain with you about this supposed Vaccine...not only are they driving people crazy making them wait for what is supposed to cure them, but it is actually extremely harmful to peoples nervous system & as you said, making people crazy...T-Virus reference, so true. Please DO NOT rush into getting this...I urge you all to re-consider...

H1N1 Vaccine? Or population control?

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #638 on: November 04, 2009, 06:27:05 pm »
I am askin you all to calm down just a tiny bit

Theres been a bit of drama and a few peoples feelings have been hurt today, so take a breather, calm down, relax, and hen if you still need to vent do so but please. dont go all out personal attacks. I really dont want to be the "heavy" if I dont have to be

Its a proven fact that when your upset your IQ drops and you will actu immature, when you calm down it returns to normal. the fight or flight response.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:31:26 pm by kylite »
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #639 on: November 04, 2009, 06:31:53 pm »
I am askin you all to calm down just a tiny bit

Theres been a bit of drama and a few peoples feelings have been hurt today, so take a breather, calm down, relax, and hen if you still need to vent do so but please. dont go all out personal attacks. I really dont want to be the "heavy" if I dont have to be

couldn't of said it better myself... I mean, we're all here on this topic to just express ourselves, not to attack other people, if you want to attack someone, then please don't bring it up in the forums... Better yet, don't attack someone else, if someone says something you don't like, just ask them to please stop and change the subject. If it continues, then leave it alone and bring it up with one of the admins. The last thing we need is more fighting.

Offline AllyKat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #640 on: November 04, 2009, 06:50:04 pm »
Yay! I knew we could all love eachother again!

Ah the magic of community... big brother (Kylite)
steps in and suddenly I feel much more like the world
is gonna be okay....

So, since I need to complain to make this post on topic:

I complain that there aren't more amazing people like kylite (and the rest o the
mods of course!) in the world who take time to worry about peoples feelings
on these boards and make things better!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #641 on: November 04, 2009, 06:54:13 pm »
My complaint of the day (that I'm starting) are these little punk kids that have no respect for anyone, including their parents, and how parents are to scared to discipline their kids properly... I mean I remember when I was a kid, I only got whooped like 3 times from my dad, and that was enough to keep me from doing anything wrong, and the fact that he threatened to kick me out when I was like 10 if I ever did anything bad, all the way to smoking a cigarette... Now that's parenting, to be able to get your kid to behave without having to whoop them, and to this day, I have never smoked once.

Offline AllyKat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #642 on: November 04, 2009, 07:08:24 pm »
yeah... I agree... I'm really sad that I'll prolly never be able to put
my child in a corner when they've done something wrong... let alone
spank them... *sigh* I'll have to come up with more creative ways to
punish my children... And that is hard for me cause I'm not very good
at creating things that cause pain or incite people to not do something
and I have a strong feeling my children will be just as persuasive and
argumentative as me.

Though... I've never smoked once either... but thats just cuz i think
it's yucky and my parents and family said "no don't!" cause I'm easy
to convince maybe? Not sure...

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #643 on: November 04, 2009, 07:12:50 pm »
yeah... I agree... I'm really sad that I'll prolly never be able to put
my child in a corner when they've done something wrong... let alone
spank them... *sigh* I'll have to come up with more creative ways to
punish my children... And that is hard for me cause I'm not very good
at creating things that cause pain or incite people to not do something
and I have a strong feeling my children will be just as persuasive and
argumentative as me.

Though... I've never smoked once either... but thats just cuz i think
it's yucky and my parents and family said "no don't!" cause I'm easy
to convince maybe? Not sure...

~Allykat

oh ya, I never smoked because that was my choice... But the thing was, I never snuck out of my room or anything close to bad till I was 18, and I barely did anything wrong after that either... The worst I did was under age drinking, and that was only like twice that I ever did it... But ya, it's getting a lot tougher being a parent, because now, all the kid has to do is use CPS (child protective services) and that's their own way of getting you to do what they want... In my house, that word and group of words together are banned and non existant... Because I'm not abusive, but I at least want to raise my kids the way my parents raised me, probably a little tougher, because I want them to do better than I did... But ya, at least let us spank our kids when they misbehave to badly.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #644 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:22 pm »
My next complaint is...people who ser and cuss while in the presence of women and children. My wonderful dirty old man stepfather taught me that this is not cool at all. Yet one day while I was at the bank I saw an elderly man with a long grungy grey beard and wearing just as grungy clothing doing just that with the staff. And as I was getting money from the machine he walked out and threw onme more profanity at them. I mean geez, isn't there anybody who remembers the concepts of courtesy.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #645 on: November 04, 2009, 08:36:17 pm »
I'd like to complain that I've just gotten to the coughing stage of the sick I caught from Vallie.
I had hoped that the sore throat that start earlier today was due to the little bit of caffeine I had to stave off withdrawals.

Oh well. I just hope it stays drained tonight.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #646 on: November 04, 2009, 08:41:25 pm »
I want to complain that I have to moderate

But the truth is I secretly lvoe it LOL
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #647 on: November 05, 2009, 08:12:28 am »
My complaint of the day (that I'm starting) are these little punk kids that have no respect for anyone, including their parents, and how parents are to scared to discipline their kids properly... I mean I remember when I was a kid, I only got whooped like 3 times from my dad, and that was enough to keep me from doing anything wrong, and the fact that he threatened to kick me out when I was like 10 if I ever did anything bad, all the way to smoking a cigarette... Now that's parenting, to be able to get your kid to behave without having to whoop them, and to this day, I have never smoked once.
OMG I could not agree more...it bothers me greatly to see how much a lot of parents let their kids get away with these days, & most of it because they are afraid of CSD taking their kids & jailing them. When I was a kid, I got my fair share of spankings & the scariest words mom could say were..."wait til your father gets home, you will be sorry". My parents were both great parents & raised us well. They both got the respect they deserved, especially dad...in our house, you NEVER back-talked dad EVER...just a stupid idea right there. I wish that all the people that cryed enough times to instil this fear into parents would just shut up & let people raise there kids in the traditional manner...with discipline. (Please note that this is not applicable to ALL younger people as I have met many very well raised & respectful youth, many of which are the younger HDC members...love you guys! So please do not take offense as I'm sure I haven't met you & it would obviously not apply in that case  :P)

And...my complaint for the day...I would like to complain that I have had the pleasure of only meeting a select few members of this forum even though I am sure I ran into a majority at the cons. This must change! At the very least, I hope to arrange a meetup with those that can make Sakuracon in April.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #648 on: November 05, 2009, 10:13:03 am »
Kids need to be spanked now and then.
Kids DON'T need to be cursed at and slapped or punched or (god forbid) kicked.

I wanna complain that my boss won't let me go home even though I feel horrible.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #649 on: November 05, 2009, 11:51:32 am »
I need to complain about brain chemicals and hormones. Also about not having enough iron in the blood, needing more Melatonin, getting fed properly. I need to complain about the levels of stress that are being heaped on me and the amount of pointless work I'm supposed to complete. I want to complain that when I blink its hard for me to open my eyes, and then when I am in bed I can't keep them closed. I want to complain that Everyone i know has to get up to early, and it contributes to the general grumpy negativity that has been a compelling force in my life lately... *sigh*