Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Reviews! (CAUTION: POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!)  (Read 17008 times)

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
WOO~! First post about the amazing-ness of the Harry Potter premiere!!! I don't plan on posting any spoilers but some people might so I put a warning up! ^3^v

THE MOVIE WAS EFFING AWESOME!!!! I had to go alone so it wasn't AS fun as it could have been, but it sure as hell wasn't disappointing in the least! >8D It was missing some points, but they kept the more important parts in, which totally kills some rumors I've heard going around. So yeah, those of you who watched it, it was awesome wasn't it? Those of you who haven't yet watched it but plan to? IT'S AMAZING! GO ASAP!!! And to those of you who think it's dumb? Well...you're dumb. So yeah, Harry Potter for the win.  8)

And to all of you who plan on posting spoilers, please give some kind of spoiler alert please! Just keepin' it safe for other HP fans! ♥~VK
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:20:28 am by Vampire-Kameko »

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
I saw it with Hidamari at the Tigard cinemas and ran into Shinigami_lover and, er, I forget her username (I think it's Naruchan...), but Kai. : D  We got there at four p.m. and had a blast with the others there waiting. The theater we were in had a lot of problems with the film cutting out, though... I had never been really big on Harry Potter before (had only seen the first movie and skipped around on the books) but when it came to the story line, it was awesome! And the special effects were INCREDIBLE. D8  So thanks to the movie (and friends) I intend to re-try the series over again for about the fourth time. xD

BUT YES! Most definitely go and see it! It inspired me so I certainly hope it will inspire the rest of you. 8D

Now since my caffeine buzz is almost gone, good night, all~  : D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 04:19:47 am by Kagome219 »
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Waaah, I'm seeing it tonight with my friend Teagen. >.<
I-I waannaaa see it noow. -Whining- xD

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
LOVED IT. 8D

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~! Do eet! You shant regeret it! For it was amazing! >8D

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
It...was...amazing!!! totally worth the waiting in line part! The special effects were good, and it kept to the story pretty well (from what I remember) I totally forgot what happened in the 6th book, but this made me remember it. It was very intense towards the end and I loved it. I can't wait until the 7th! 8D
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
My wife was hoping that it would have a midnight showing Thursday night, so that when I got off work we could go to the show. Annh- wrong answer! Fubar! Now we'll have to muddle through it with all the other zombies this weekend! Geez, I bet even small theaters small towns would be packed, eh?

Possible spoilers? You mean it isn't like it was in the book? A certain character doesn't_____________ at the end? lol
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:27:23 pm by jaybug »
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
It was pretty good but the ending was..pretty quick..sorry to say this..But HARRY NEEDS TO KILL SOMEONE ALREADY

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
IMO the actor looks enough like a serial killer. Do we really need more fuel for that image?
I miss 2010.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
My wife was hoping that it would have a midnight showing Thursday night, so that when I got off work we could go to the show. Annh- wrong answer! Fubar! Now we'll have to muddle through it with all the other zombies this weekend! Geez, I bet even small theaters small towns would be packed, eh?

Possible spoilers? You mean it isn't like it was in the book? A certain character doesn't_____________ at the end? lol

Naw, it's just there are some people who haven't read the books but have watched the movies up to this one. Just trying to keep their minds fresh for the movie epic-ness!  ;)

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
I saw it tonight, and I wasn't really impressed. =/ Sorry Charly's. I've never read the books, but I went with people who had read it, and they didn't really enjoy it either. But I didn't expect it to be amazing, Harry Potter is just.. Harry Potter. XD It was definitely more of a popcorn movie.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
D8
Just D8

Offline Savvy-kins

• Cabbit
I was at the midnight premiere at Clackamas. It was funny and cute, but they focused too much on comic relief, teenage love, and stuff that never happened. What happened to the epic fight at the end? =(
 Well, teenage!Tom Riddle made up for all the bad mistakes because he is the prettiest thing I've seen in like a year. XD
-~-All In All Is All We Are-~-

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
I didn't really like the movie, but Draco's pretty face made it all better. x3 Oh, and Savvy-kins, Tom Riddle was gorgeous. ='O Ohh, and Luna Lovegood was good too, she made the movie better because of her adorable Lion hat, and spacey sounding voice. :33

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
ASDFFFFFESLKGJLKGJ;LVJPOIGJDS

I FREAKING LOVED IT.
Sakuracon~

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Naw, it's just there are some people who haven't read the books but have watched the movies up to this one. Just trying to keep their minds fresh for the movie epic-ness!  Wink

Fresh or blank?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
Liked the movie. Wasnt quite as good as anything I have seen this year in theatres but it was worth it.
One major problem I think the people who organize the previews should know is don't put apocolyptic movie previews in front of a movie based off of kids books.
The fact that I had to endure another reminder of 2012 was what killed my mood for the movie. @$$ holes.

But reading the books before seeing the movie kind of kills it sometimes. Knowing when a character dies makes the death scenes gloss by. Weird.
I also noticed that sometimes when Harry's forehead was exposed his scar wasn't there. How odd. I loved Draco! His crying made me happy! (I love a handsome male to seem so....oh whats the word. Exposed)
Over all it was good. CANT WAIT FOR THE 7TH!
I'm gonna love the battles!

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
Naw, it's just there are some people who haven't read the books but have watched the movies up to this one. Just trying to keep their minds fresh for the movie epic-ness!  Wink

Fresh or blank?

~sigh~ Just leaving it to them to find out what happens.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
I'm disappointed.
They took out my favorite part.
I wanted to see that part so badly.
And they crushed me. D:
I miss 2010.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
I lovvvved the movie, haha. <3

I did REALLY want the whole 'DON'T CALL ME A COWARD' part, like my friends previously said, but eh.

oslapedo

For a HP movie it was very good but the books will always be better for me so I wasn't like, "OMG!". Well... I was but more so because of the hype than the actual movie :D

I'll be seeing it a few more times regardless~

And hey, at least it was more cohesive than OotP!

Btw, my favorite preview was Sherlock Holmes, I love me some Robert Downey Jr.!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:11:39 pm by oslapedo »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
TWIN, HOW YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME, SAME HERE

Ironman FTW <3

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
So cool!!! :D

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
I wanted to see the flashback/memory/whatever of his parents. I wanted to see it so bad!
I miss 2010.

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
I wanted to see the flashback/memory/whatever of his parents. I wanted to see it so bad!
Oh yeah! Well hopefully they wont cut out too much of the good stuff in the 7th movie. I heard they are already breaking it into 2 movies.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
Yeah, I hear tht they're going to cut off the first part at the part where SPOILERRon leaves Hermione and Harry because he's all pissed off and whatnot.SPOILER END
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:43:59 pm by Vampire-Kameko »

Offline sabata

• Chibi
I went to the premiere. at lloyd center 10. i heard some people talking about conventions behind me. lol. i was playing a game of cards on a brown blanket for a bit. did anyone see me?

oslapedo

Yeah, I hear tht they're going to cut off the first part at the part where SPOILERRon leaves Hermione and Harry because he's all pissed off and whatnot.SPOILER END

Not true. DH1 is going to end anytime from the snatchers coming to Dobby's funeral. Many think that it'll be right before they enter Malfoy manor. Check out mugglenet.com for sources~

In DH2 I'm most looking forward to the Prince's Tale- my favorite chapter of the entire series! I hope they do it justice, and since it'll be all Alan Rickman all the time I'm sure they will <3

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
I'm pumped for the flashbacks to Dumbledore's sister. Haha, twin, what is her name and who does it resemble? ;D

oslapedo

Ahaha! I see what you did there :D

I wonder who they'll cast as Aberforth. I personally think that Gambon would've made a better Aberforth than Albus, but alas! Gambon improved somewhat in HBP- though his slow motion fall out of the tower was a bit lulzy.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Did they change Sirius' actor from the third to forth movie, or am I wonky? I still want to see Percy, still...D:

oslapedo

Sirius was only in the 4th movie as a face in a fire so his actor was just signed up for a voice over.

Percy got kinda gross looking so I'm not too excited for him. Luscious on the other hand... ;3

Offline sabata

• Chibi
i loved the movie. it had all of the stuff from the book to like, yet it seemed very independent.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Then how about third to fifth~?

oslapedo

It was the same dude~~~

Am seeing this again tomorrow at noon =D

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
I'M WONKY, DANG. Maybe just because he was in rags...and crazy...and yelling the whole time...

Offline sabata

• Chibi
i really don't think that the 5th wasn't all that good. nor was the 5th book. harry whined too MUCH. but the game for it was alright. (only game i have)

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
I love Dan, as well as pretty much all of the actors/actresses, but I HATE the character Harry (haha, what a surprise.)

This is him:

"NO, GET AWAY I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN."
-fails-
"Ok, I need help."
-succeeds-

EVERY. BOOK.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
It was cute as an eleven year old, but now... its just sad.

Every person depending on him to 'like ttly save ze world' is going, "*blink* THIS is what we're depending on? *drowns self*"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:17:02 am by DemonSpawn »
I miss 2010.

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
I love Dan, as well as pretty much all of the actors/actresses, but I HATE the character Harry (haha, what a surprise.)

This is him:

"NO, GET AWAY I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN."
-fails-
"Ok, I need help."
-succeeds-

EVERY. BOOK.
And to add to your thing, Catch...
Whenever Ron helps him, BIG TIME, he never says 'Thanks!'.
He only ever tells him thanks, when it's something REALLLLLLLLLY small...>>
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Yeah, and most of it's sarcasm!

Who can hear Harry say 'Thanks a lot, Ron...' in their minds?

I sure can.

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
Poor Ron... The guy gets like...NO LOVE!! >.o;;
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Yeah, poor guy. D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5-maaOnp8U&feature=related

And this has a...bit to do with Harry Potter. I couldn't help it, I laughed out loud.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Megan, I'm posting here mainly to say that I love your icon.
Oh, and I probably just didn't like the movie because I watched it in the VERY front row of the movie theatre, so I couldn't see.~~

Offline sabata

• Chibi
has anyone seen the very harry potter musical? lolololol. voldamort tap dances

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
dood, the one with the sexy Voldy?

Offline sabata

• Chibi
NO. the one with the ugly one. of course the smexy voldy.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
There are a lot of HP parody's that attempt to be musicals, I have seen them.  8)

I've seen that one about, oh, five times~

"You can't just GO to Pigfarts...it's ON MARS."
"Goyle RULES."
"Zefron."

Offline sabata

• Chibi
lol. good times. good times.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
I loved Voldy's sexy bod, Harry's awesome attitude, Ron's snack cravings, the relationship of back love, Cho Chang's total-asianness, Draco's moves, the songs WERE AMAZING, and just everything.