Author Topic: Beginners Para Para and Intermediate Para Para (Techpara)  (Read 7198 times)

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
Beginners Para Para and Intermediate Para Para (Techpara)
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:40:35 pm »
Hey guys!

Just announcing the other two panels I'll be hosting throughout the weekend.  Para Para 101 (Beginners Para Para) will go through the history of para para dancing and discuss what IS and what ISN'T para para (there's a lot of misconceptions running rampant thanks to YouTube).  After our brief history lesson, I will be teaching a BRAND NEW dance that has not yet been released!  This will be the US premier of the routine to Super Eurobeat, so don't miss it!

After that, if we still have time, we will learn the song Nanten Nodoame no Uta based on the popular Japanese cough drop song, as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Gv1DwVZr8

This version is a eurobeat version with a lot of silly dance moves put in.  I assure you that it is a TON of fun!

The Para Para Intermediate Panel will be based on Techpara, an offshoot of para para that has had a resurgence of popularity in the past couple of years.  We will be learning Moonlight Densetsu by Mi -> Na from the new King of Techno DVD and if we have enough time, Kurenai by X-Japan.

:D Hope to see you guys there!

Edit:  I changed one of the techno songs we're learning because I got a new DVD and found an awesome song to teach!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:03:46 pm by Kristy »
Check out the TEC voice over auditions being held at KumoriCon this year: http://teccomic.com/auditions/

oslapedo

Re: Beginners Para Para and Intermediate Para Para (Techpara)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:49:18 pm »
Oh snap, a Para Para panel? Count me in~

Will we be doing any Hinoi Team?

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:57:11 pm »
Unfortunately, no, we won't be doing any Hinoi Team.  Hinoi Team did covers of older eurobeat songs (songs that normally came out between 1999 - 2002, during the big para para boom.)   Since para para has been alive and kicking for many years, I try to focus on songs that are new and popular in both the US and Japanese communities, as well as maybe songs that you all haven't heard before (or would enjoy.)

Check out the TEC voice over auditions being held at KumoriCon this year: http://teccomic.com/auditions/

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:21:36 pm »
You SO just made my day!!! ;D  I will be at both.  Oh, I cant express to you how big a grin there is on my face right now.

Of course, I am going to go look for the dances right now, but that is not really cheating, is it? ;)  After all, you are the one who told us the names. :D

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:59:11 pm »
You SO just made my day!!! ;D  I will be at both.  Oh, I cant express to you how big a grin there is on my face right now.

Of course, I am going to go look for the dances right now, but that is not really cheating, is it? ;)  After all, you are the one who told us the names. :D

So, just by your response, I HAVE to ask. . . Do you do para para already? :D 'cause I would be SO FREAKING HAPPY if you said you do!

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »
Then be freaking happy, because I do.

I mean, it really consists of me, my living room, and youtube, but I do what I can with what I have. 

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:54:04 am »
Then be freaking happy, because I do.

I mean, it really consists of me, my living room, and youtube, but I do what I can with what I have. 

;D I can hook you up with some routines if you want.  I buy all of the official DVD releases.  I used to be on a para para team back in Missouri, so I kinda hoarded videos. *LOL*  I haven't really met anyone out here that knows much about it. :(  So, cool! Maybe we can hang out some at the con.

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 02:00:21 pm »
That would be great!  Nothing wrong with having lots and lots of them.  It just means more variety!

And we should definitely hang out at the con.  I dont really know anyone who does para para, then just all sort of shake their heads.  Whatever, I enjoy it.

And you changed the song!!!  To think I had found it and started learning it last night.  Ah well.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:00:54 pm by flash15 »

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 04:46:40 pm »
Sorry! Ha ha. I might still teach it if we have time. :)  I just got this new DVD and LOOOOVED the routine for Moonlight Densetsu.  It totally appealed to my inner 12 year old girl.

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 05:02:25 pm »
You wont.  To get two songs in you need an hour and a half or a really fast learning group.  So I shall just have to finish learning it just because I like it.

And by inner 12 year old girl, do you mean a "pink and girly" song. ???  That scares me.  But it is tech, which is on the whole not, so I guess it will be good.

As long as you dont change Kurenai by X-Japan.  ::)

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 10:48:57 pm »
Hm...I'm a fellow Para Para-ist myself...but the ones that I do are just eurobeat ones. So I guess that makes me a newbie? XD

Well I'm interested in this panel =D

I'm holding a para para circle by the way if you would be interested in dancing with me and whoever else would like to~ Maybe you can teach us some? Again I only do eurobeat stuff so I don't know any Tech Para Para or Tra XD Don't kill me but I only know most of Team Hinoi and Gyaruru stuff so yeah.

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 11:53:12 am »
Don't worry about not doing techno. :) Honestly, the Japanese community thinks we're all weird because we do both.  In the japanese scene, you really only do one or the other. Very few people do both.  And I don't do a lot of techno, just the songs that I feel like learning (though, lately, that's been my attitude about para para in general.)

Ha ha, I'll gladly dance with you, but honestly I don't know the Hinoi Team or the Gyaruru stuff.  Well, I know Night of Fire.  It's the first eurobeat song I ever heard, so I learned it way back in 2002. Dunno if I remember it now.  And I know Sticky Tricky and Bang, since it's a more recent song. But I look at it like this, we all got into para para somehow.  I got into it through the video game.  That was my gateway.  It took me a long time to finally break away from that gateway and start keeping up with the scene.  It's not like a judge you for it or anything, so don't worry about it.  :) I'll dance if I know the songs.

:) Umm, but I'll have my laptop with me and I have a plethora of routines.  I'll gladly teach some outside of my panel songs.  

I'm a little out of practice though.  Once I graduated from my para para team about a year and a half ago, I haven't really kept up or learned much.  Mostly because I don't know people in the Portland area that are interested in para para.  I've always wanted to start a team out here...

Anyway! I'll be around at the convention.  I dress in a somewhat gyaru style (I'm lazy about it and don't actually consider myself gyaru, I just take some influences from it) and usually have my hair in a big puffy, curly bun on the top of my head.  When I have downtime, I'll probably find a place to dance.  Saturday, since I don't have a panel, I'll be cosplaying as Misa Amane, 'cause, uh, the outfit turns into a cute night time outfit just by a tie and tight change. *LOL*

OH! And panel times!  Tentative, of course.  The official schedule has not been released yet.

Beginner's Para Para will be held Sunday from 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM.

Intermediate Para Para (Techpara) will be held on Monday from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:52:21 pm by Kristy »

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 03:00:51 pm »
Yeah I find myself just doing the ones I feel like dancing too. =D I've been trying to learn some easy ones for the con so it would be easier on most people to teach ^-^ Which most of them are Team Hinoi because everyone knows them so I though hey why not? Everyone will have fun regardless, though I'd rather do the more advanced ones since I like fast pace and fun songs better ;D Challenging myself you know? XD But people aren't gunna pick up steps just like that so I'm gunna dance the easier ones ^-^

Thats great! I'm happy that you'll be joining! ;D Night of Fire was my first eurobeat song too haha~ I kinda remember the steps but I usually don't do that one since I don't really like it much. But I bet once the music is one I'll remember haha ^-^ It would be awesome if you could teach the circle some fun ones =D I'll have a docking system and my iPod with me. Flash said that he'll bring his too~ We can use your laptop too! ;D

I first got into para para by just wanting to find a dance that was fun because I just like to dance in general and love to try new things. Para Para wasn't what I had in mind but I grew to love it ^-^ I do agree to what you said cause everyones gotta start somewhere :D Plus people will have fun anyways ^-^

Alright! I'll keep an eye out for ya! I'm thinking about starting the circle on Saturday but I have plans so I'm still not sure. I'll be sure to check out your panel too! =D

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 04:48:31 pm »
Flash said that he'll bring his too~

She.  She will bring her's too.  Flash is a female, thank you very much ;)

I think that Night of Fire seems to be the one para para that EVERYONE knows, and it is always one of the first ones people learn.  I bet there are a lot of people who would know it at the con though, so some else would have to join in were we to start doing it.

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 05:24:10 pm »
Even in Japan, Night of Fire is the song EVERYONE knows.  Thanks Smap. *LOL*  It's like on EVERY request countdown CD ever made.  I can't escape it.  Ha ha.

I'll dig through my stuff and bring a long a few CDs and DVDs along with my lappy.  I've gotten lazy about ripping stuff. X_x  Do you guys want to exchange cell phone numbers or something over PMs?  Texting is the easiest way to get a hold of me.  I don't really have plans through most of the con, I'm just going to hang out.  I don't really know a lot of people at KumoriCon, so if I get bored I'll probably end up wandering off to go shopping or something (attention span of a goldfish?  I do think so. Ha ha.).  Anyway, I'm not doing anything pressing other than my panels, so I'm open at just about any time.

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 06:31:05 pm »
To Flash: Oh my gosh I am soooo sorry XDDDD I didn't know

To Kristy: I think exchanging numbers is a good idea~ :D But the thing is I can't really text sooo...yeah...XD Oh do you know if theres like a wig store near by? I need to get a wig for some of my costumes I have planned out for next year =D

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 07:13:59 pm »
No worries.  I have done that before, where I assume that some one is a gender different than their own online.  Dont worry about it. :o

I think that would be fine, but does Kumori allow it?  I think my email is in my profile (as is my gender;) :D)  Just trying to follow the rules and all ;D

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 11:24:51 pm »
I will try to attend. It sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe I'll bring a few friends along too~
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

oslapedo

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 11:52:39 am »
Para Para! I'm pumped for these panels~!

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 04:45:30 pm »
I know.  There are once again some really good panels this year.  But I think para para is still my number 1. ;D

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 12:56:16 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my first para para panels at KumoriCon a huge hit.  I was a little scared since I was missing my partner, but you guys were all great and I think it went wonderfully. :)

I will be in touch with everyone that gave me their email addresses in regards to further para para events and dances.  Feel free to contact me anytime, I'd love to hear from you guys.

Once again, thanks so much! :D

oslapedo

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 08:53:38 pm »
PARA PARA WAS SO FUN~

Will you be hosting Para Para at any other cons (Mew, Sakura, etc) because I'd totally go, I loved me some Para Para.

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 09:07:47 pm »
Mmm, I'm considering hosting one at MewCon. :) SakuraCon is normally taken care of by some locals, so there should be a para para panel there (I'll keep watch in the community and if no one claims it, I'll put in for it though).

Glad you had fun! :D You guys were an awesome group.

oslapedo

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 09:15:39 pm »
I would totally go to a MEW Para Panel, that'd be amazing!

I forgot a lot of the moves so I want to practice more, what were the names of the dances we learned? (In Beginners Para)

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:45 pm »
In Beginner's we learned Super Eurobeat by Domino and Virginelle and Nanten Nodo Ame by Nantenman.  Did you give me your email address during the panel?  If so, I'll be emailing the lesson videos out sometime this week. :)

oslapedo

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 10:28:48 pm »
Yeah I did, mine was saharasooter@comcast.net =)

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 03:20:02 pm »
Awesome. :) Videos and team information have been sent out!