Author Topic: Cosplay Disasters and Horror Stories  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
Cosplay Disasters and Horror Stories
« on: August 24, 2009, 02:27:52 am »
Ever had something go horribly wrong? Sew your hand through a machine before? Well, share you're stories here! ^^

Some of mine are my brother eating/drinking my FF potions earlier today >.<. Another is realizing I cut out the pieces for my Garnet top four sizes(12 instead of 8 ) on the pattern last year because I measured wrong. Which lead to popping out when I jumped up to get called on. Luckily they popped back in and no one saw anything that should be censored. xD
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:44:44 am by Mitsukai Mizu Amaya »
KumoriCon 2012

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Cosplay Disasters and Horror Stories
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:42:53 am »
Worst one I've had so far is when I cosplayed for the second time I cosplayed, the gogo boots for my Haruko costume broke. The heel completely snapped off (it was a chunky heel too so I was kind of baffled). I spent 3 hours trying to find somewhere I could get help and this nice staffer at Sakuracon found me and lead me to a room full of glue and other lovely things right before I bursted into tears. That's the worst I've had though.
Your story beats mine any day Mitsukai.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:43:57 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:03:29 am »
Making my Albel claw I had to mold the plastic by letting it sit in boiling water then shaping it right. The first time I did it I was using tongs in the water to get the shape and the tongs slipped slashing boiling water all over my left hand. I thought it was kinda funny (after it stopped burning of course) because Albel wears the claw on his left hand to hide a burn XD

Also with Albel, at last Sakuracon I wore it for a day and all the pieces of armor and detailing decided that it wanted to come off. So my shoes had no detailing and the gold part on the back of the belt was gone x.x
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:04:33 am by nikkiolie »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:21:36 am »
my Zipper breaking during the Fire emblem shoot. I had to make sure it didn't break any further or anyone could see it. Oh and also my pant legs being to small so that my shoes wouldn't fit through at the bottom for Lucia. I had to wear black slip ons. >_<
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:31:31 am »
my shorts ripped for ash(ley) ketchum at the rave and i almost peed myself and the vest ripped...i had to go change the shorts into a skirt. it was embarassing. but i dont think anyone noticed thank goodnes.

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 06:29:20 pm »
I don't have any horrible stories... The only thing that went wrong for me is the shoes I ordered for my Serenity cosplay came and were a size too small, and my crown broke RIGHT before AX this year x.x

Offline Kayani_Neko

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 06:47:07 pm »
Well, when I cosplayed Edward Scissorhands I couldn't do anything. At. All.

Opening doors, feeding myself, paying for things, holding things, picking things up... I will never take having real hands for granted ever again. ;_;

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 06:52:42 pm »
I think the worst that's happened to me was this year at Sakuracon I left in a hurry to do a photoshoot with Jim, and during the rush I somehow managed to lose my badge, which also held my money, and my drivers license. We searched for hours all over the place, but still couldn't find it. The good thing is is that I only had a 20$ in there, vs. the 80$ I had in my wallet, and they replaced my badge for free. I ended up having to get my license replaced, though.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 06:54:05 pm »
lol I've had allot of miss fortune with my costumes XD
Today I just burned my fingers on my left hand, because of hot glue T_T Then got stabbed by the fiberglass that was on my armor. ( I was trying to sand it)

When I wore my berseaker cosplay I paw on my boot came all the way off, so I had to call my dad and tell him to bring supplies so I could fix it just before we went on stage for the cosplay contest. But it fell off again anyways XP during the skit lol ,luckily it was at the end and my friends picked it up without anyone noticing. ^_^

Then there's when I wore my Rikku, the boots were getting to small. But I just wanted to wear one last time before retiring it, lol So I did and after walking around for the whole day, my feet hurt like crap. But that's not the worst thing ever i'm used to it, but when I took off my shoe my left big toe was half normal half dark blue/ black. I had killed half my toe nail. XP It grew back though after some months.

lol And these are just some of my stories i've always have some kind of mishap with my costumes, ether it be during the making process or wearing XP  But I still love doing it ^-^

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 06:55:15 pm »

Opening doors, feeding myself, paying for things, holding things, picking things up... I will never take having real hands for granted ever again. ;_;

lol I know how you feel after wearing my Tira claws XD You can't do anything at all T_T

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 07:08:00 pm »
I lost my wallet in the park at KCon last year. I had $60 in it.

5 days ago I was drinking orange juice in the room where I do my cosplay. Two days ago, I found the orange juice with a million fruit flies -_-

I've only binded once, and ended up cutting off my circulation and just having oddly shaped breasts because I didn't do it right.

My friend went to a dance on the first night and ended up breaking her toe in her cosplay boots. She couldn't go the other days :(
Sakuracon~

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 08:32:07 pm »
Well, it's not exactly a disaster or a horror story but about halfway through a con I was wearing my Near cosplay and the person I was sitting with saw something funny. The, for some unknown reason, she turned to look at me just before doing a spit take (ROOT BEER) all over my front. I had to run back to my  hotel to get the stain out mega quick.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 01:08:28 am »
Well, I'm not sure if it's related to my binding from yesterday, but I think one of my ribs is dislocated. I may have slept on it funny though.

And when I was sewing Red XIII, I broke 3-4 sewing machine needles. one of them broke because I sewed my finger in it.

The thread kept braking and missing stitches for Soul's jacket. But I think it was cause the thread was old. It didn't happen as much when I switched to new thread.

Last year I didn't finish my Rikku untill the morning before the 2nd day of the con. I was sewing it while my mom was getting ready to take me. Oh, and the night before the con, I thought I had to make whole new shorts because when I tried the first ones on a month before, they didn't fit. Then I got halfway done with the second pair, tried on the first pair just to be sure, and they fit. So I ended up wasting an hour messing with the second pair.

there's probably more, but that's all I can think of....oh. everytime I use the hot glue gun, I burn myself >.>
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 03:45:08 am »
One year I went all the way to Seattle, got to the lobby of the hotel, and realized that I'd left part of my costume in Portland...

...the tongue to my Quina Quen costume.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 09:08:23 am »
oh wow that sucks XD But hey....if you still have that costume we are trying to get a FFIX group together for next year *hint hint*

Offline Tsuki-Ken

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 09:35:06 am »
While I was sewing a dress for K-con 07, which was my first con ever, I was holding the thread in one hand, and the scissors in my dominant (right) hand. When I cut the thread, I cut my finger, too. It started bleeding a lot. Luckily someone was helping me with the costume, so we were able to take care of the wound. On the flip side (pun intended?) I kept flipping her off since the cut was on my middle finger.

Offline Kayani_Neko

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 08:11:32 pm »

lol I know how you feel after wearing my Tira claws XD You can't do anything at all T_T
Oh, yeah. The real problem lies in the fact that I can't even remove my new hands without help, so I'll be seriously screwed at SakuraCon when those are finished. xD

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 09:01:52 pm »
Worst thing I've had happen are massive headaches due to a too-tight wig and goggles. It was really bad in '07 as I came really close to passing out. The 80+ degree weather that year + too tight wig/goggles + insulated Matt vest = one very miserable me. I had headaches so bad that I thought I was going to throw up. Now I ALWAYS carry Advil on me when I cosplay as Matt, and I've gotten more wise about making sure my goggles are fairly loose. I've also since gotten a new wig that I started using last year.

Now I barely have any problems. =D

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl