Author Topic: Dogs Allowed?  (Read 2688 times)

Offline inuki

• Oni
Dogs Allowed?
« on: August 24, 2009, 02:33:41 am »
I looked all over the forums and the website but I can't seem to find an answer to my question. If it has been asked already then I apologize. Anyway, I was wondering what the policy is on small dogs at the convention? I know they are allowed in the hotel but what about the con area? Obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to bring a dog into the video rooms or things like that, but just in the general "gathering" areas for photos and such (possibly if the dog was carried)? I ask because my little dog wants to cosplay. ^-^;

Thanks in advance!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Dogs Allowed?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:26:10 am »
that would be a good question to call the hotel and ask. I am pretty sure that they are not allowed but it would be easiest to call and ask.

Offline inuki

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:51:27 pm »
that would be a good question to call the hotel and ask. I am pretty sure that they are not allowed but it would be easiest to call and ask.

Well they actually are allowed in the hotel because I asked when we booked our room. Just wondering about the convention space, I assume it's up to the convention or am I wrong?

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 06:26:39 pm »
I posted your question to the directors list. Someone will let you know soon.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 03:14:45 pm »
Due to the diversity of the con goers and the likely hood of them having allergies to animals pets are not allowed inside con space. If you bring your pet to visit Portland you'll want to keep them in your room or have them outside of the con area.
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:03:51 pm »
On the hotel's web site it states that any service animal under 50lb. is allowed in the hotel.  They charge a 25dollar no refundable deposit and will not clean your room if an animal is in it.  As for con space i believe they already answered that question.  I'd give you a link to where the hotel says this but I forgot where i saw it.  Call them for more info.